Cobra Golf Signs Rising Stars

Yeah, I see what they're doing by investing in potential but man, that's a pretty big risk. Ultimately the goal is to get your product on tv as much as possible and the way to do that is by sponsoring players who are often in the hunt. I don't think any of these are even in the big leagues yet.

It must've been very affordable to pick them up.

I agree to an extent here. Its not only about TV though, it can also be about numbers. Being the #1 this and #1 that can be a huge statement and I know a few companies that have made careers based on that. But in todays age of marketing and young signings, you have to take risks too. Its not always about the big free agent. It can also be about the up and comer that might come out of no where to take the tour by storm (insert Johnny Vegas here). Signing on potential must become the norm for these companies and the "hope" of landing the next big thing.

Of course then you must keep the next big thing once they make it.

+1 The co. has to start turning things around so why not start with signing players on the cheap that may be big hits soon?
I like the move for Cobra, very little risk and there is potential for a huge reward if they pan out and hit it big. Good move, nice to see them getting some new players signed.

+1 The co. has to start turning things around so why not start with signing players on the cheap that may be big hits soon?

saw a picture of Blair and the h in this word turned to a t. I cant stop that

I like Blair's shorts in that picture. I didn't care for her much in the first Big Break she was in, but kind of liked her on the second. She can smack the crap out her driver, that's for sure. Too bad we won't see her much on the LPGA.

Kevin

Is it just me or does the excitement needle on these signings have erectile dysfunction?

When I look at pics of Blair it has exactly the opposite effect of what's happing to you...

as for "moving the needle", one of the new members (not naming names) is good from far, but far from good.

Agreed.

I can't get as excited about these signings as others have stated. Especially when contrasted against the talent they lost.

Agreed.

I can't get as excited about these signings as others have stated. Especially when contrasted against the talent they lost.

IMO this is the only direction they have. There are NO "big" names the size of those that they lost that they can seek out, its time for a change of direction and going after this demographic is a wise move by them. Low-risk, high-reward oppurtunity, cheap to sign and hope they live up to potential, smarter than going outside of the demo to sign a "name" that would likely be past prime as all the big ones are wrapped up now.

Just my thoughts though.

Yeah, I see what they're doing by investing in potential but man, that's a pretty big risk. Ultimately the goal is to get your product on tv as much as possible and the way to do that is by sponsoring players who are often in the hunt. I don't think any of these are even in the big leagues yet.

It must've been very affordable to pick them up.

I totally understand what you are saying and agree, but sometimes the risk is worth taking.

I am excited for the future of Cobra golf and the new signings announced today! Not exactly star power but maybe potential for sure. I don't have a clue who any of these players are but have faith that someone in the Cobra office has done their homework. It's a business and like any business you have to sometimes take risks to reap rewards. I have seen many baseball teams take big "name" players and spend tons of money with no return. Same thing with football. Let's get the star power names and boom, millions of dollars but no results. I think Cobra is smart beyond what some in here give them. Let's hope that those who make fun will eat crow down the road.

Last edited:
Really the best option they had, IMO. You know I'm a Cobra guy, so I hope they pan out.

Love the Blair signing :)

I am excited for the future of Cobra golf and the new signings announced today! Not exactly star power but maybe potential for sure. I don't have a clue who any of these players are ,but have faith that someone in the Cobra office, has done their homework. It's a buisness and like any buisness you have to sometimes take risks to reap rewards. I have seen many baseball teams take big "name" players and spin tons of money with no return. Same thing with football. Let's get the star power names and boom, millions of dollars but no results. I think Cobra is smart beyond what some in here give them. Let's hope that those who make fun will eat crow down the road.

I hope I have to eat crow too Ole Gray, but if they dont pan out, will you be?

And what happened to Michael Sim and Blake Adams?

And what happened to your "Cobra insider" telling you they were announcing a big name signing at the PGA Show?

I certainly wouldn't call any of these "big names", you even said yourself that you don't have a clue who any of them are. I think if they wanted to make a splash then they needed something bigger, especially since they've lost so much in the past year or so. I hope these youngsters pan out but it's not likely.

Ok, I googled Blair O'Neal, she moves the needle a little. Upgrading the needlemover diagnosis from ED to PE

Yea. I googled her too... I can't imagine that ED is much of a problem for anyone that did

And what happened to Michael Sim and Blake Adams?

And what happened to your "Cobra insider" telling you they were announcing a big name signing at the PGA Show?

I certainly wouldn't call any of these "big names", you even said yourself that you don't have a clue who any of them are. I think if they wanted to make a splash then they needed something bigger, especially since they've lost so much in the past year or so. I hope these youngsters pan out but it's not likely.

The big name signing this year was immediately prior to the PGA show and is LPGA star Anna Nordqvist. Next year I am hoping, Rickie Fowler becomes a part of the Puma/Cobra team. It's not a lock but it certainly could be in the making. The Michael Sim and Blake Adams statement was purely speculation by myself from the get go. Cobra/Puma is low on the totem pole for now, but don't expect them to remain there long. The top dawgs in every sport I have ever watched have come and gone. It's no different with golf stars, equipment companies etc. It's just the way the world turns.

The big name signing this year was immediately prior to the PGA show and is LPGA star Anna Nordqvist. Next year I am hoping, Rickie Fowler becomes a part of the Puma/Cobra team. It's not a lock but it certainly could be in the making. The Michael Sim and Blake Adams statement was purely speculation by myself from the get go. Cobra/Puma is low on the totem pole for now, but don't expect them to remain there long. The top dawgs in every sport I have ever watched have come and gone. It's no different with golf stars, equipment companies etc. It's just the way the world turns.

Gray,
I like the signings myself. I think they could pan out as I said earlier, but I have to disagree with what you just said here or I am very confused. AFTER I put up the news of Anna signing, you said they were announcing a big name signing at the PGA Show.

This was what was announced at the PGA Show.

Gray,
I like the signings myself. I think they could pan out as I said earlier, but I have to disagree with what you just said here or I am very confused. AFTER I put up the news of Anna signing, you said they were announcing a big name signing at the PGA Show.

This was what was announced at the PGA Show.

JB -- The news, "of bright new stars to be announced" which I was referring to was a personal answer to me from Cobra on their facebook page. It simply was an answer to a question I posted on Cobra's homepage. If I said there is to be a "Major Star" announcement, then that is a flawed comment by me and I'm sorry for the misinformation. When I heard the news on their facebook page and also via a personal email, I was expecting more from the PGA show than what was brought.

Last edited:
JB -- The news, "of bright new stars to be announced" which I was referring to ,was a personal answer to me from Cobra on their facebook page. It simply was an answer to a question I posted on Cobra's homepage. If I said there is to be a "Major Star" announcement ,then that is a flawed comment by me and I'm sorry for the misinformation. When I heard the news on their facebook page and also via a personal email, I was expecting more from the PGA show than what was brought.

Thanks for clearing that up Gray. I was a bit confused.

As I said earlier, I like these signings personally. I think we all would have liked to see more based on what was lost and what some are expecting them to lose at the end of this season, but I like these. No one has to look further than Johnny Vegas to see what can happen with young signings.

Also some need to remember that just like this year with big names moving, next year there are some big names as well. I would assume that Cobra would want to jump in on a bigger name as well.

As for Fowler, I think it would be a strong move, but I might be wrong here, but I think he still has more time left on his Titleist deal. In late 2009 they signed him and I am pretty sure it was to more than 2 years.

Yep I will eat the biggest fattest blackest old crow in the barn if it does not pan out :hungry:

Good additions for puma cobra.

Good job Cobra! Hopefully we will see Blair more on the LPGA tour.

Going young means more bang for the buck as they grow. I hope they pan out. Plus there is a FSU guy in there.

Plus Blair is in there.

Back