Status
Not open for further replies.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Does winter ruin anyone elses mood? Man this season makes me a miserable SOB. I don't even like being around myself.

Complete 180 from my normal personality.

Yeah, winter brings out the worst in all of us.....at least there's good golf on TV on the weekends. I try to find the silver lining in everything buddy.

Yeah, winter brings out the worst in all of us.....at least there's good golf on TV on the weekends. I try to find the silver lining in everything buddy.

You do it well too, thats why you are such a BAMF.

Reactions: TC
You're definitely not alone in this JRod. I absolutely hate winter and I live in an area that has a relatively mild winter. I can't imagine what I would be like if I lived in a colder climate. I am sure I would need antidepressants to get me through. I love being outside but only when it's over 50*. Thank goodness spring is just around the corner! Hang in there buddy.

I am so tired of winter. Days like today don't help.

Yep I get depressed everytime it rains for a few days or ices over. I think it's called seasonal disorder or something like that. All I know is when it's dark, cloudy and rainy I get all pissy and ill as a hornet. I probably need to go get a shot of male hormones in the arse or something like that.

I'm not sure how I'd cope without pool. Pick up a second love for the winter, it really works buddy.

I am so tired of winter. Days like today don't help.

Seriously buddy...we are getting 20" of snow followed by a high of -9. What is that all about.

The worst part is how it affects everyone around me. My poor wife has to put up with this (me) for like 5 months. Bless her heart, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

Winter does rub me the wrong way too ...........

I really shouldn't have gone to Florida last week...it is amazing to me that people live a life without this miserable weather. Nobody forces us to live where we do. Lets band together, we can get thru it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yep I get depressed everytime it rains for a few days or ices over. I think it's called seasonal disorder or something like that. All I know is when it's dark, cloudy and rainy I get all pissy and ill as a hornet. I probably need to go get a shot of male hormones in the arse or something like that.

Season Affective Disorder (aka SAD). It has a lot to do with exposure to sunlight and the change in normal sleep/wake cycles with the shorter days

Seriously buddy...we are getting 20" of snow followed by a high of -9. What is that all about.

The worst part is how it affects everyone around me. My poor wife has to put up with this (me) for like 5 months. Bless her heart, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

My wife always asks me "What's that line in front of the number?" hahaha. She also says "Honey, I think they are missing a number," whenever the high is going to be in the single digits! She always reminds me that she gave up California temps to move here with me!

Does winter ruin anyone elses mood? Man this season makes me a miserable SOB. I don't even like being around myself.

Complete 180 from my normal personality.

I'm with ya! The older I get the more I hate it. We are in the middle of a blizzard right now in Indiana. Sucks for sure.

We've had almost six feet of snow so far this winter. I haven't seen the ground in more than two months. I shoveled for two hours today and we're getting more tomorrow. Toward the end of last season my golf game was starting to come together and was actually playing some consistent golf. Now I haven't played in more than two months so who knows what it'll be like when I do play again. The snow and cold is really getting to me too. Yeah, it's depressing alright.

I think my wife had SAD when we lived in NJ. She moved from SoCal to there for me and she was miserable during the winters. I agree with Duey that if you pick up something to keep your mind busy during the cold days it helps. I actually liked the winters when I lived in NJ (an this is someone who was born close to the equator) probably because I played hockey and went skiing/boarding a lot. I never knew how miserable winter and short daylight hours were until we moved here to Orlando. I think for some you just have to embrace it (kinda like how I embraced the super hot and humid summers here).

Just hang in there, spring is right around the corner. Then we can all start complaining about how hot it is in the summer. :D

I think getting older definatley adds to it. I've never been a winter fan but my wife has always been okay with it, but even she is sick to death of winter this year and talking about moving someplace warm when we retire.

Here in NJ, it has snowed at least once a week since Christmas. The driving ranges have so much snow, they are all closed. So I'm left putting and chipping in the basement. Oh and we had an ice storm last night! Happy groundhog's day, indeed. :angry:

Winter gets people on here confrontational too. If it completely ruins your mood JRod, you have a great way of showing it.

Yeah, I hate winter. I stopped skiing about 6 years ago because of school, so now I don't really have any hobbies for 6 months of the year.
At least it's nice here in Calgary where we have Chinooks - so we'll swing from -30 to +5 in a matter of days. It's nice, but sometimes it's annoying because of how you feel cheated or teased after you sink back to -30.

For all you young guys, take care of your bodies now. When you get older, old injuries turn to arthritis and this cold is brutal when you have it

I feel your pain Jrod, winter makes me irritable as well. I don't do well with cabin fever.

In reality, we should only have 45 to 50 more days of the really nasty stuff left here and if we get an early thaw I might be back to the course earlier. I need to get my clubs cleaned up quick! haha

I always figure February is the beginning of the end of Winter. Once you get to March is starts to temper out a bit. I was able to golf 3/26/2010, so that isn't even 60 days from now. I got a lot of work to do!

Dang snow. I shoveled this morning for like two hours and then realized that there was 18 inches in the street since they hadn't plowed. I actually measured it with a measuring stick. Didn't know if I'd get out, but I revved up the Jeep and plowed right through that stuff!

I always figure February is the beginning of the end of Winter. Once you get to March is starts to temper out a bit. I was able to golf 3/26/2010, so that isn't even 60 days from now. I got a lot of work to do!

Dang snow. I shoveled this morning for like two hours and then realized that there was 18 inches in the street since they hadn't plowed. I actually measured it with a measuring stick. Didn't know if I'd get out, but I revved up the Jeep and plowed right through that stuff!

March is when we usually get our BIG dump of snow.
Since we've already had 2 or 3 dumps of 8-10", I'm scared to see what's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back