Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Hey Spank - the standard grip on the 83 is the Lamkin SL 36 g. You could change it to the Miyazaki PT Lite, but we think the Lamkin is a very good grip. These are the only two grips available in the 83.

My assumption is that it's not white, right? I figured as much. I'll wear on these then switch em up when the time is right. You said that you'll get them in store on 2/11 is there still that delay for the 83's or are they dropping at the same time now that you have preorders lined up?

Hey Spank - just PMed you, but I'll post this info too. We were originally slated to get the 83s at the same time, but we have just heard from Cleveland that they don't actually have the parts in yet to construct the 83s, so they'll be a slight delay. They anticipate a ship date from Cleveland of February 15th, which means we'll probably get them in store on the 17th at the latest. We'll ship them right out once they are in store.

And yes, the grip is black.

I was able to use the Mashie quite a bit this last weekend during my 72 holes of golf I played. I used it off the tee a few times, out of the fairway a lot, out of a fairway bunker and then out of a really deep rough at one point too. Everywhere I took the Mashie it truly did an outstanding job. I think I only had one issues with it through out the 72 holes I used it on. I was coming out of some deep rough and tried to kill it. I ended up putting a hard draw on the ball and missed the green left. Other than that the Mashie did an amazing job. I truly can't wait till I get my new one in here in about two weeks. I really do love this club and feel very confident every time I bring it out of the bag.

I have said it before and I will say it again. After todays round I will once again say that this is DEFINITELY the best hybrid I have EVER hit!

Well that seals it if it wasn't already a done deal. M2 here I come.

I am trying to hold out and be strong, but the M1 and M3 are sounding like a killer combo to me.

I Tapped, I Talked

Hi everyone my name is DAVE and I'm from the UK. Just to let you all know I have just found the first online retailer in the UK that is listing the Mashie the name is Snainton Golf. I was able to order a 20.5 M3 with the 83g stiff shaft (I hate light shafts) the cost is £129.99 with free shipping. I have just started playing again after a 5 year layoff spending time with the family. I needed to renew some of my old kit replaced old R5 driver with R9 Supertri 10.5 and I got a Fubuki 73 shaft for it of a friend (it's a lot better than the stock shaft) also replaced my Titliest 904f 3 wood with the R9 Ti 3 wood. And now I'm replacing the 2 hybrids (Titleist 503h 19 & 22) I have with 1 mashie. I have only gone for the mashie because of all the great reviews on this thread. I would have gone for the TM rescue 11 but the cost and the reviews of the Mashie won me over. No shipping dates listed on UK website so I just have to sit and wait (I hate waiting) I will post again when I get it. Cheers Dave

I went to the range yesterday in preperation for my round on Thursday. Lol. It was cold (50 ish haha) and there was actually a lot of wind. I was curious to see how the wind would effect the Mashie. It was blowing from behind and also included some cross wind. The Mashie still was sending lasers. The wind had very little effect on the shot. It stayed on line and I didn't lose distance it seemed (couldn't verify GPS). Very happy with how it performed. With the high ball flight I was expecting it to catch in the wind because the wind was going really hard but no such thing. Visually I didn't see any impact and from what I could tell where the ball was landing, my distances were the same. I'm pretty sure if I were to GPS I may see a couple yards but nothing serious. In winds like I was seeing it would definitely be a 1 club or more type wind.

good stuff Yoccs, keep it up!
I went to the range yesterday in preperation for my round on Thursday. Lol. It was cold (50 ish haha) and there was actually a lot of wind. I was curious to see how the wind would effect the Mashie. It was blowing from behind and also included some cross wind. The Mashie still was sending lasers. The wind had very little effect on the shot. It stayed on line and I didn't lose distance it seemed (couldn't verify GPS). Very happy with how it performed. With the high ball flight I was expecting it to catch in the wind because the wind was going really hard but no such thing. Visually I didn't see any impact and from what I could tell where the ball was landing, my distances were the same. I'm pretty sure if I were to GPS I may see a couple yards but nothing serious. In winds like I was seeing it would definitely be a 1 club or more type wind.

Hi everyone my name is DAVE and I'm from the UK. Just to let you all know I have just found the first online retailer in the UK that is listing the Mashie the name is Snainton Golf. I was able to order a 20.5 M3 with the 83g stiff shaft (I hate light shafts) the cost is £129.99 with free shipping. I have just started playing again after a 5 year layoff spending time with the family. I needed to renew some of my old kit replaced old R5 driver with R9 Supertri 10.5 and I got a Fubuki 73 shaft for it of a friend (it's a lot better than the stock shaft) also replaced my Titliest 904f 3 wood with the R9 Ti 3 wood. And now I'm replacing the 2 hybrids (Titleist 503h 19 & 22) I have with 1 mashie. I have only gone for the mashie because of all the great reviews on this thread. I would have gone for the TM rescue 11 but the cost and the reviews of the Mashie won me over. No shipping dates listed on UK website so I just have to sit and wait (I hate waiting) I will post again when I get it. Cheers Dave

Welcome to THP and congrats on ordering the Mashie, its a great club and Im confident you will be very happy with it.

Dave, welcome to THP and thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts and your compliments. It's the most rewarding thing as a tester to have someone sign up and say they bought something based on the information and feedback we're providing.

I wish you good luck with it, but I already know that it will be the best hybrid you've ever hit. Keep us posted buddy! Go Euro's!!!!

Dave,

You definitely won't regret the purchase at all. It is an amazing club.

Thank you Hanks! I love this club and bad range days really help me appreciate the forgiveness the club offers.

It's good to have a club that you can turn to in a time of need isn't it?

cue Neil Diamond....'helloooooo again.....hello'

Dave,

You definitely won't regret the purchase at all. It is an amazing club.

Thank you Hanks! I love this club and bad range days really help me appreciate the forgiveness the club offers.

Sure is buddy lol. That's why I'm thinking of getting rid of the 4/5i's and putting an M4 or M5 in the bag.Figure I can just choke up a little on the shot and I'd be set. Maybe!

It's good to have a club that you can turn to in a time of need isn't it?

cue Neil Diamond....'helloooooo again.....hello'

Thanks for the info Dave. There's a gap in my bag between 3w and 21 degree hybrid that my head is filling with a Mashie already....

I bought the M2 from Snainton on ebay today. £129 + £30 shipping + 25% VAT here in Norway = $322 :banghead: Not cheap but I'm sure it's worth it. I've talked to them and they have them in stock. I'm really looking forward to playing with it. The community here at HP has convinced me :)

Sure is buddy lol. That's why I'm thinking of getting rid of the 4/5i's and putting an M4 or M5 in the bag.Figure I can just choke up a little on the shot and I'd be set. Maybe!

Exactly why I'm going 2/4 mashie, I think they could fill SO many gaps with a little choke here and there. All this based on you guys' reviews! LOL

Lol. Jman, you make wonderful sense. Just gotta run it past the boss.

I'm more excited for you all that havent hit one yet, to actually get these bad boys on the course.

Exactly why I'm going 2/4 mashie, I think they could fill SO many gaps with a little choke here and there. All this based on you guys' reviews! LOL

Im ready to hit the mashie again, all this dang snow and terrible weather isnt helping.

Maybe a little time away from it, will make me be able to hit it better? I hope so.

for now I'm going mashie 4, will decide on the 3 after the outing.

Lol. Jman, you make wonderful sense. Just gotta run it past the boss.

I'm more excited for you all that havent hit one yet, to actually get these bad boys on the course.

In my screwed up mind it makes sense, but thats not gonna help with the boss lol

Maybe you can call her for me lol.

She knows how much I love this club. How it worked in the wind yesterday was a thing of beauty.

In my screwed up mind it makes sense, but thats not gonna help with the boss lol

Well you guys have done it. I have just ordered my M2 in stiff flex from Blind9Golf! I'm very excited and can't wait for it to get here, Patty offered to bring it to the outing for me, but there is no way I could have waited that long for it knowing I could be playing with it. Thanks for all the great reviews by the testers, all the positive opinions about this club by the testers is what led to this purchase and I believe shows again the power of real world tests by real golfers.

Well you guys have done it. I have just ordered my M2 in stiff flex from Blind9Golf! I'm very excited and can't wait for it to get here, Patty offered to bring it to the outing for me, but there is no way I could have waited that long for it knowing I could be playing with it. Thanks for all the great reviews by the testers, all the positive opinions about this club by the testers is what led to this purchase and I believe shows again the power of real world tests by real golfers.

Boom! I hope to be able to hit that sucker at the outing cool! Congrats on the purchase man.

Back