Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
Guys we have had banter on alot of topics, I am not sensitive at all me and JB have debated forged against cast and everything else, I am in no way sensitive or anything of the sort.

I never said he knew, the statement on its own if off putting, why wouldnt a baseball player shoot me? why wouldnt a hockey player shoot me?

my guess is to avoid prison and/or a lawsuit

would a basketball player or a football played want a lawsuit?

dude get over that already. He meant nothing buy it and wasnt directed towards anything to do with color. Come on now man, just let it go.

"So golf isnt a sport because a footballer or B-Baller would cap you if you told him football wasnt a sport?"

Its no coincedence between the 2 most African American populated sports and him using the word "cap" or making a gun reference?

Look at the police records of gun violence in those 2 sports compared to the other sports ...... THAT speaks for itself. I dont want to speak for him but i think he made his comments based on the FACTS of gun violence in those 2 sports not the color of anyone's skin. No one is putting a black or white face to those statements but, YOU. How does any of us know whether you are black or white and what in the world does it have to do with this arguement???? I will gracefully BOW out of this now because you are taking it to a level that there is no need for ....

I will leave saying golf and racin' are sports and i am right.....:D

Holy smokes dude, for someone who played football in college and stated that to do so means you have to be mentally sharp and good at thinking, you sure are not displaying those traits right now. Please, just let this all die before someone gets banned!

how about horseshoes...sport or not?

i am one of the 6 that voted no golf is not a sport
but according to some posts definitions golf falls absolutely in the sport category
and to say you dont need athletic ability to be good at golf is ridiculous
i dont know of one good golfer that is uncoordinated physically
it takes alot of physical attributes to play golf
i voted no golf is not a sport because its a way of life
i am a surfer (heck i was a sponsored surfer in my peak) and lots of ppl dont consider that a sport even tho it takes much more physical ability than any football player could withstand... not even a football player could take a couple of olympic sized pools of water dumping on their head too many times without knowing how to get out of that situation
and you dont have to be smart to play football... there are lots of tards that play football
but you may not be getting physically contacted by another player but there are a ton of other "sports" that dont
heck basketball is supposed to be a non contact sport even tho most know its not
if you are measuring everything against football then nothing else has a shot at being a sport
but there are tons... i mean tons of nfl guys that are absolutely out of shape even tho they can physically do the job theyre assigned to

that being said i voted for no cuz its way more than a sport to me

No but athletes who play those sports (regardless of race), have been known to throw good judgement to the wind when it comes to weapons and crime.

once again, athletes of those sports.

ATHLETES of all shapes, sizes and colors!
would a basketball player or a football played want a lawsuit?

Guys we have had banter on alot of topics, I am not sensitive at all me and JB have debated forged against cast and everything else, I am in no way sensitive or anything of the sort.

and forged feels way softer than cast... i know I can feel it...

Dont want anyone to get banned, I will tee it up with anyone.

I think Golf falls into my unofficial definition of a sport which is 'a physical activity done by oneself or in competition against another or many, that can be measured by either a score that is earned within the parameters of the sport itself (run, points, shots, etc), clock (swimming, track n field, etc), or system of measurement i.e distance (auto racing).

Slightly off topic but for clarification purposes I think 'sports' such as ice skating, gymnastics, and boxing for example are not sports because there is no finite measure of scoring available and it's all based on judgement

I dunno Hanks, who do you think won? hehehe

1382004.bin

muhammad-ali-knock-out_display_image.jpg

how about horseshoes...sport or not?

Yes it is a sport because you can top the other competitors shoe negating their point...defense.

"So golf isnt a sport because a footballer or B-Baller would cap you if you told him football wasnt a sport?"

Its no coincedence between the 2 most African American populated sports and him using the word "cap" or making a gun reference?

Yeah, it's a coincidence. Why do people always play the race card when they have nothing to back up what they say. And how do you know Thainer isn't black? Or are you just assuming he is white?

It means exactly what it means dude. Don't let the roids get to your head. You like golf, you like equipment. I like golf, I like equipment, that's really what is important here. I would gladly tee it up with you dude. It's my way of apologizing for getting worked up b/c of your opinion. I shouldn't. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm being for real bro. Chill-ax.

I would love to tee it up with you, what state are you in? Arent you the one that hits it a mile long??

Yes it is a sport because you can top the other competitors shoe negating their point...defense.

Back in the day when stymies were used in golf, was it a sport then?

not always the case Smalls. if a bout was solely determined who got LL Cool J'd then yes, but many times it's based on a scorecard that is completely subjective.
I dunno Hanks, who do you think won? hehehe

1382004.bin

muhammad-ali-knock-out_display_image.jpg

Yeah, it's a coincidence. Why do people always play the race card when they have nothing to back up what they say. And how do you know Thainer isn't black? Or are you just assuming he is white?

We were instructed to stop talking about that or be banned from the forum.

not always the case Smalls. if a bout was solely determined who got LL Cool J'd then yes, but many times it's based on a scorecard that is completely subjective.

I know. Just trying to lighten up a thread that is dire need of lightening up!

We were instructed to stop talking about that or be banned from the forum.

I'm catching up. You should have seen me a few months ago when I was catching up on a thread. Someone else complained about me bringing something back up but many people were laughing and saying "wait til he gets to the part where we are supposed to stop" hahaha.

Back