Golf vs. Football

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Seeing as we have lots of big football fans here, I was curious, on Sunday afternoon, which will take priority? Final round of the WM Open, or Super Bowl pre-game? CBS's golf coverage will end at 6:00pm et and Super Bowl kick-off isn't until 6:25pm et. What if though, there is a playoff and golf coverage is extended? What will you be watching?

Golf.
I can't follow football - I have a hard enough time remembering 24 drivers' names through 12 teams in F1..

I would rathe rplay golf any day than watch it. I love watching golf and obviously talking golf, but there is very little that can keep me from golfing. The super bowl just means I need an earlier tee time

I could care less about pregame coverage. I'll watch golf if Im at home and not at SB party. If theres a playoff I wont watch unless the SB hasnt started yet.

Golf live, pre game and SB on recorded delay so I can skip through stuff. Although I'll have folks over for the SB this year so that might have to change.

I'll probably be watching the golf until an hour or so before gametime. The golf tournament might not end until Monday anyway!

Don't forget the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet! It's cute to watch for a little bit here and there.

Well the final round of golf isnt until monday. So will be watching football.

I know there is a pretty big if on whether round 4 will be on Sunday or not, but I was merely curious, we oblviously all love golf, but I know football holds a special place in many hearts. I learned that first hand when practically everyone at the Outing last September got together to watch the game on Sunday night.

Seeing as we have lots of big football fans here, I was curious, on Sunday afternoon, which will take priority? Final round of the WM Open, or Super Bowl pre-game? CBS's golf coverage will end at 6:00pm et and Super Bowl kick-off isn't until 6:25pm et. What if though, there is a playoff and golf coverage is extended? What will you be watching?

Pre game? Naw... I'll be out with the kids. I'll settle in for the football game about 30 minutes before it starts. Not so keen on it without Pats to cheer for or the Jets to boo. Rooting for the Packers I guess.

But if I have to watch TV and its a choice between the final round or a pre-game show, I'd watch a bit of the golf before changing the channel- but I would definatly change the channel before game time.

I know there is a pretty big if on whether round 4 will be on Sunday or not, but I was merely curious, we oblviously all love golf, but I know football holds a special place in many hearts. I learned that first hand when practically everyone at the Outing last September got together to watch the game on Sunday night.

Ya they just said it will be a monday finish, so thats why I said that in my post. I will probably flip back in forth between the pre game and golf. But once the game starts it will most likely be all football. SuperBowl, gotta watch it haha

Ya they just said it will be a monday finish, so thats why I said that in my post. I will probably flip back in forth between the pre game and golf. But once the game starts it will most likely be all football. SuperBowl, gotta watch it haha

Must of missed that earlier.

I like the Super Bowl, but my favorite parts are the commercials. Unfortunately, the last couple of years have been OK at best for them. A few really good ones, a lot of wasted money ones.

Well one's a sport and ones a skill so...

I like the Super Bowl, but my favorite parts are the commercials. Unfortunately, the last couple of years have been OK at best for them. A few really good ones, a lot of wasted money ones.

I have a feeling we might need to make a superbowl commercial thread on sunday.

I have a feeling we might need to make a superbowl commercial thread on sunday.

Probably. Not sure how much I am going to be around online during it though!

Watching golf until the football festivities crank up. The golf tournament is going to be running over to Monday so no biggy.

Neither, I will be playing golf :D

I don't really care for football pregame, so I'll be watching golf for sure. But once kickoff starts football is king!

For most of the morning I will be flipping back and forth between golf and football pregame say 70% golf, 30% football, I will then watch the last hour of pregame before the SuperBowl and then all superbowl from then on no matter what is happening in the golf.

Thank goodness we have DVR and PIP now. It keeps me from having to make that choice, but to answer the question if I had to choose it would be football as soon as the game kicked off. I'll play and practice Sunday until around 6:00, record the WM Open, and then watch the Super Bowl and hope I win some money on the game this year since I got absolutely spanked last year on the Colts/Saints game.

I'll be at my Uni football team's superbowl party from about 8pm as the game kicks off at 11.30pm over here. No golf on Sunday evening for me

I have to go to a party, so probably won't be watching golf.

Football on TV > Golf on TV

Packers Super Bowl Football on TV > Everything

Kevin

Back