Golf Channel Sound Issue

bhilton

Reaction score
Handicap
Is anybody else having sound issues on the golf channel. I can hear all the background noises, but I can't hear the commentating. I also can't hear some of the commercials and other shows. This is the only channel I'm having issues with.

I watch TGC on Cox Cable in HD and its always goofy , I think its the signal from the satellite , but I have alot of issues in high def on other channels as well .

GG and I are having the same issues.

It's getting very irritating. I tried to watch Pipe Dream yesterday, but it was hard to watch with no sound.

GG and I are having the same issues.

Who is your cable provider? I'm still having the same problem. It's the channel that I watch the most and I can't watch it at all. I've got cable through Suddenlink, but my home course has cable through Comcast. Theirs is working fine. I wish I could get Comcast in my area.

Watching a golf tourney without commentating is a dream come true.

Who is your cable provider? I'm still having the same problem. It's the channel that I watch the most and I can't watch it at all. I've got cable through Suddenlink, but my home course has cable through Comcast. Theirs is working fine. I wish I could get Comcast in my area.

We are with Dish Network. But we are not having issues right now.

I'm not seeing issues on Direct TV, which is surprising

Time Warner Cable in NYC is 100%. Maybe it's the provider?

It's getting very irritating. I tried to watch Pipe Dream yesterday, but it was hard to watch with no sound.

Yeah, I can imagine that watching a show based on dialogue would be annoying without sound. Just wish that would happen with a few of the commentators though. lol

Digging up an old thread here, but when I searched Google this is the first thing to come up.

I'm having this issue with Golf Channel in my basement. All the other TVs/Receivers are fine and it only happens on Golf CHannel in the basement.

Any ideas?

Digging up an old thread here, but when I searched Google this is the first thing to come up.

I'm having this issue with Golf Channel in my basement. All the other TVs/Receivers are fine and it only happens on Golf CHannel in the basement.

Any ideas?

From what I can tell, the problem is with the audio language. When this happens to me, I've checked and for some reason the playback is set to the Spanish language stream instead of English. And the Spanish audio is blank, so no announcers. As soon as I change it back to English, everything's fine. Don't know the cause, but it seems to be something the Golf Channel is doing as I've never had the issue with any other channel.

From what I can tell, the problem is with the audio language. When this happens to me, I've checked and for some reason the playback is set to the Spanish language stream instead of English. And the Spanish audio is blank, so no announcers. As soon as I change it back to English, everything's fine. Don't know the cause, but it seems to be something the Golf Channel is doing as I've never had the issue with any other channel.
I'll have to check my setup because I think I saw something on the display that said spanish now that you mention it. At first it was pretty sweet watching golf with only the surround sound an now announcers. Now it's annoying.

It was the alternative audio. My TiVo got set to Spanish. I changed that back to English and all was good. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back