JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. I am really looking hard for a new hobby, and I was thinking about taking some old clubs and seeing if I could pretty them up a bit.

I think I wanna start by just doing paintfills, de-rusting and basic stuff like that. I have a couple of old putters that I will mess around with. What kind of stuff do I need to get started. What kind of paint, brushes, ect?

I always have used a book of matches to paint the hard to reach places. I got a few touch up wands at the local body shop and I bet they would work for paint fill. Get creative and post some pics!

As far as painting goes I would go to a hobby shop, and get some of the brushes for paining model cars. You also probably want a rubber club clamp for your vice. And a vice if you don't have one.

Yeah, I need one, I guess.

I use Coke for de rusting and cleaning my wedges. Is this a good choice to prepare a club to be worked on?
As far as painting goes I would go to a hobby shop, and get some of the brushes for paining model cars. You also probably want a rubber club clamp for your vice. And a vice if you don't have one.

Yep CLR works really well too and then you don't have the temptation of Coke in the house.

Coke is cheaper, lol.

Would nail polish remover get paint fill off?
Yep CLR works really well too and then you don't have the temptation of Coke in the house.

Coke is cheaper, lol.

Would nail polish remover get paint fill off?

Oh ya, do you have a lot of that kicking around??

Back