what part of your game are you working on?

Been hitting nothing but 7i punch shots to learn how to keep my hands in front of the ball at impact and take a divot consistently.

Hundreds and hundreds of 'em.......

Been hitting nothing but 7i punch shots to learn how to keep my hands in front of the ball at impact and take a divot consistently.

Hundreds and hundreds of 'em.......

Exactly all I've been doing at the range too! Trying to get this sweeper out of me with the irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ground here is hard as concrete right now. Really cold weather.....I have a pretty long hallway in my basement and I've been working on hitting little 30-40 foot chip shots off the carpet. I've always had problems shanking pitches and chips. So last night after watching school of golf I decided try the standard 2 hand grip ( usually interlock the fingers ). It's unbelievable. Last night and today I didn't hit one single shank. I'm considering the 2 handed grip for everything else too. Will have to wait til this weekend when I get to the range

still working on fundamentals... my alignment totally sucks right now without alignment aids

I have lost the ability to hit the drive with any consistency at all. It has carried over into all aspects of my game, in our weekly blitz I have fell 6 points in my required points in the past year. That equates to 6 strokes per round and needless to say my confidence has plummeted with the fall. I hate to work on driving too long at the range as beating balls with the driver at the range with the driver seems to be the one aspect of the game I cannot carry to the course. I must get a few lessons and plan to talk with a pro about that very soon.
I guess this just boils down to I am working on my confidence and my driving.

My iron's. Can't wait to actually get on the course though.

Once the weather gets back on track, I will be working on my wedge shots, chipping & putting.

I think I said this the last time I posted in this thread but I'm still working on my driver. It's the most inconsistent club in my bag, when I'm hitting it well I can shoot really good scores, when its off I'm scrambling all day. It's getting better but still needs a lot of work.

I think I said this the last time I posted in this thread but I'm still working on my driver. It's the most inconsistent club in my bag, when I'm hitting it well I can shoot really good scores, when its off I'm scrambling all day. It's getting better but still needs a lot of work.

It all starts with the big stick. Good luck with your driver for 2011 and see ya soon in WPB!

It all starts with the big stick. Good luck with your driver for 2011 and see ya soon in WPB!

Thanks Gray, taking a lesson soon just for the driver so that I can get to together. Good luck with your short game practice, and your nap.

Once the weather gets back on track, I will be working on my wedge shots, chipping & putting.
NO FAIR Grey!!!! I Cry fowl , you guys get to keep practicing when us poor souls have that nasty 4 letter word on the ground , plus its cold !!
I hope KellyBo hides your credit cards and check book so you can't buy new Clevelands :D

NO FAIR Grey!!!! I Cry fowl , you guys get to keep practicing when us poor souls have that nasty 4 letter word on the ground , plus its cold !!
I hope KellyBo hides your credit cards and check book so you can't buy new Clevelands :D

haha now that's some funny stuff good buddy! I look forward to our round in WPB and having a blast. I am going to put a heavy emphasis on my putter for 2011. I was going to do that last year but caved in. Putting is such a boring thing to practice but a critical element of the game.

haha now that's some funny stuff good buddy! I look forward to our round in WPB and having a blast. I am going to put a heavy emphasis on my putter for 2011. I was going to do that last year but caved in. Putting is such a boring thing to practice but a critical element of the game.
I too am looking forward to our round at WPB , should be a blast ! I have been rolling the rock here in the basement , but its just not the same .
My driver is the club I have been having fits with , these 46" shafted drivers give me fits , I can not for the life of me get it around in sync . I am just about ready to saw and inch or three off the damn thing ......... By golly I'll teach it not to behave !!!! :D
I have yet to try those winter gloves I bought that you PM me about .

I too am looking forward to our round at WPB , should be a blast ! I have been rolling the rock here in the basement , but its just not the same .
My driver is the club I have been having fits with , these 46" shafted drivers give me fits , I can not for the life of me get it around in sync . I am just about ready to saw and inch or three off the damn thing ......... By golly I'll teach it not to behave !!!! :D
I have yet to try those winter gloves I bought that you PM me about .

It's funny you mentioned the length of your driver. I am 6'2" tall and I play a 44 1/2 driver. If you ever decide to have it cut down, take it to a place that can get the swing weight back in sync. Once you get the club balanced, it's much easier to control, at least for me.

Working on the part that puts the ball in the hole. So basically, all of my game lol

It's funny you mentioned the length of your driver. I am 6'2" tall and I play a 44 1/2 driver. If you ever decide to have it cut down, take it to a place that can get the swing weight back in sync. Once you get the club balanced, it's much easier to control, at least for me.
I am thinking of having my Bi-Matrix shaft pulled from my older TM and put in this Diablo Edge , as its about 44 1/2 " to 45" .
Sure need to find some kind of confidence off the Tee before I head to WPB , as I need to give myself a fair chance from an arse whoopin' :D
I am thinking of heading out the door to the club guy in a few minutes to talk to him about it .

After each winter the first month of practice is usually taking the wedges and hitting shots from 10 yards to 100 yards and putting. This helps me get my "feel" back in shape.

I also need to work on my wedge "feel." It always takes me a good month to knock the rust off, especially for my touch shots.

I am really looking to work on my ballstriking a little more. I have always been an OKAY ball striker, but I am looking to improve it in the up and coming warm months

I know this going to sound cliche but I am working on the driver and the putter. My irons and short game are very good (right now) but tee and green have been a struggle.

i went to the range today and tried to get the ball to go right with little success
i have a draw/hook going and only one ball out of 170 went right(it was a shank)
my only swing thought on the range was down and thru but i was hitting them fizzat

After some serious research, I decided to cut down my driver from 45.25 to 44.5. I swing a 9064ls with alpha rip shaft. I went to the range today with the new set up and wow. Dispersion was tight and when I hit the ball square it actually went farther. Very happy, now to the course, hopefully soon.

Chipping. My chipping is horrible. I'd assume have a 150 yd shot to the green than a 20 yd chip.

3 wood and 2 hybrid off the deck have been killing me lately.

I cant wait for the snow to melt here. I need to work on so much this year. I changed irons in early sept, hurt my shoulder in late sept and then played terrible golf till it got too cold to go out anymore.

My swing went to junk after my shoulder injury. So that's probably where I'll spend all my time, finding a new swing.

Back