The Official claycribbs Masters Thread

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok guys, I'm going to the Masters in April, and I want to know what YOU want to see. Certain players, certain areas, ect. I'm going on Wednesday so you will also get Par 3 Pictures. But what do you want to see? It's my 1st time going, so I really don't know what to look for or what to see, so your recommendations will help!

Pictures of Phil Mc's clubs!

Man your going to have a great time!

Everything CC, through your eye's buddy. Can't wait to see it all and hear how much fun you have. All the blooming Rhododendrons and azaleas, I would be in heaven early!

Ok. Now that April is almost here, I thought I would "bump" this thread. So, what do you want to see?

A picture of you and Dad or friends in front of the Augusta National Club House :thumb:

First of all, YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, lets see some WITB pics (if you have a good zoom lens), some player-caddy interactions, pictures of the clubhouse, and some pics of the course itself.

Can't wait to see the pics, sorry I don't have any certain things, just pics, pics and more!!! Have fun.

Stuff we can't see on TV . I was told that what we see on TV is nothing like being there (although HD does help)! I think Duey said it best, through your eyes is what I want to see!

I know your 1st visit will be a blast, take plenty of pics and eat a pimento cheese sandwich for me.

Been there.... done that.... :D

Try to capture the elevation change between holes and throughout the course. Most people don't realize it since you can't "see" it from TV very well.

Man I can't wait for you to get there Clay. While we definitely would love to see everything we can imagine, I think most important is have some fun!!!!!!!! Soak it in dude! I figure at some point we will see you out there at Augusta playing but soak it in! :)

A picture of you and Dad or friends in front of the Augusta National Club House :thumb:

I second this. I want to see that grin of satisfaction on your face!

I'm on it guys! not too much longer left!

Second, lets see some WITB pics (if you have a good zoom lens), some player-caddy interactions, pictures of the clubhouse, and some pics of the course itself.

The players don't normally use their caddys for the Par 3 contest. They typically use their kids & carry a Sunday bag with about 6-7 clubs. It's a day to relax & have fun

It is held on a special 9 hole course & the highlight is watching the guys skip balls across the water at the 9th onto the green

Winning the Par 3 is a jinx to winning the Masters that year too. No one has won the Masters that has won the Par 3 that year

Yes, this is the shot I want to see too!

Well, yesterday I got to see the most magical place in golf. Augusta National as I visited the 3rd and final practice round of the week. As all the golfing stars were out, the course is the superstar setting. As I'm sure you've heard, Television, HD, 3D, or your rabbit ear TV, doesn't do this course justice. This course is the greenest green, the sand is the purest white, and the azaleas are gorgeous. Television doesn't capture the drastic rises and falls of Augusta National, as well as the amazing rises and slopes of the greens. The course is truly amazing. I walked in loving 12, 13, and 16, but walked out loving the entire course. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10, 11, and 18 also became some of my favorites on the course. Words can not fully describe this course, and I don't feel like I can do it justice.

The 1st stop I made was the practice range, as I watched some players warm up for their rounds. It was cool to watch some of their practice techniques and see them prepare for the day. The next stop was the practice green, where there he was, the one, the only, Tiger Woods. Tiger seemed to be all smiles and in good spirits as he talked to Camillo and his friend Mark O'Merra. Camillo even tried out Tiger's Method Putter, which I thought was cool. Anyway, my mother and I walked the back 9 to begin, checking out that famous back 9 at Augusta. So, the 1st hole I walked was 10, and I was in for a treat. The fairway bunkering on 10 is my favorite on the course. Amen Corner was truly awesome, and it is truly amazing how thin 12 green is and how tough 11 green is from the fairway. We then went to 13, and saw where Phil pulled off the "Shot." it really is amazing to see where this history was made. After walking 14 and down 15, it's amazing how these guys can hold 15 green with long irons in hand, it's a narrow green with water in front and back. Scary shot! But these guys make it look easy. 16 is so cool and it's a great atmosphere. Watching the players skip it over the water creates those Augusta Roars, even though they aren't Sunday Roars, they will have to do. As we walked up 17 passed Eisenhower's tree to 18, the tee shot on 18 is really awesome. The Chute is much narrower then it looks on television and it's pretty cool to see them hit it down that narrow area. Next was the front 9, and 1 on tv may look slightly uphill, but ITS NOT! IT'S A HUGE HILL. Television doesn't do that one justice either. 2 is an amazing downhill 2nd shot. 3 is a great short par 4, but could play tough. 4 is the 1st par 3 on the course, and it is a monster. 220 down the hill, and it's absolutely incredible. 5 has some great fairway bunkers, and a very small green. 6 is a cool par 3, to see how much that one plays down the hill, and the huge green that slopes so much from front to back. 7's bunker style is one of the best on the course. 8 is another huge tee shot up the hill. TV doesn't do that hill justice either. As we walked up 9 the lunch hour was approaching, and the par 3 contest was soon to begin.We were on our way and all of a sudden I passed a group of people talking to someone with a Titelist hat on. I stopped, and looked, and it was none other then Bill Haas. After he got done talking, I introduced myself and got a picture with him. Pretty cool stuff. As we made our way over to the par 3 contest, we grabbed some sandwiches (Pimiento Cheese,Chicken Breast, and a Masters Club) some chips, and some cokes, and sat on #7 at the Par 3. Just a 110 par 3. No bunkers, but the guys would play it way right and let the slope bring it back. As the players came through, many signed autographs. I got many on a hat including Westwood, Donald,Mcilroy, Atwal, Barnes, Bohn, Cabrera, KJ Choi, Cink, Fowler, Glover, Hoffman, Ishikawa, Z. Johnson, D. Johnson, Robert Karlson, J. Kelly, Lion Kim, A. Kim, Davis Love III, Both Molinari's, O'Meara, Oosthuizen, Ryan Palmer, Poulter, Rose, Schwartzel, Scott, Slocum, Snedeker, Stadler, Stenson,Uilein, Van Pelt, Watson, and Yang. I sat in the Junior Section, so these guys were ready to sign. Really awesome day out there to see these guys hit wedge shots, converse with us and their families. It was really awesome to see the 3 legends come through, and talk with each other. I was within a couple of feet, and could hear them all. Great stuff. After the par 3 ended, we went to the gift shop and I picked up a Masters Polo, Flag, T-Shirt, Ball Mark, Program, and some other goodies. After that we parted from Augusta National. I really can't rave at just how BEAUTIFUL this course is. Truly Stunning. IF you ever get the chance to see the course, please go. It is the most stunning course in golf.

What an amazing post. It makes me so jealous! One day I will make it there, but this description was spot on from what I've heard. I felt like I was walking the course with you, nice job.

Nice write up Clay, I am so glad you walked the entire course, I have walked it many times and it is just unreal as to how absolutely beautiful it is. Your descriptions are spot on, I really enjoy watching the players putt on #3, #7, #9, & #14. I know you were awestruck when you 1st saw the bunkers on #7 they are unreal aren't they. I hope you have some pics to post later.

Sounds like a once in a life time experience and I'm so jealous! Great descriptions of the holes and the course. It's so awesome that so many people stopped to sign autographs!! I hope one of the autographs you got wins this year. :)

This is a top notch post and experience. I felt like I was there. You should get a case for that hat ASAP. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking us with you Clay! Great job with the write up. Waiting on pics now!!!

Back