White Grip Options

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Some may hate on me for this, but I'm into white grips. For whatever reason, I find them very appealing visually. I understand I'll need to clean them after every round, but I need be better about cleaning my clubs anyway so I'm ok with that. With that said, the Iomic is a little expensive for my taste although they seem popular. I have the Tacki-Mac on my Superfast TP and while it looks nice, it's a little hard for me.

I like the soft Winn grips (DSi) but I also like the more standard, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips that come on so many clubs. So, I've compiled a little list here from Golfsmith. If anyone has any experience with any of these grips, please share your opinions.

And of course, if anyone else wants white grips, here's a good list:

White Lamkin Performance Plus 3Gen

White UST Mamyia Tour PC

White Golf Pride VDR

White Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G

White Iomic Sticky 2.3

White Winn Lite V17

White Black Widow Tour Silk

White Tacki-Mac Itomic

Edit: Updated with additional white grips mentioned in thread.

Last edited:
The golf pride wrap 2G is very slick when wet. However when you dry it off from being wet it gets really tacky. Not sure how much your hands get sweaty but I found it very slick and did not like it that much.

The golf pride wrap 2G is very slick when wet. However when you dry it off from being wet it gets really tacky. Not sure how much your hands get sweaty but I found it very slick and did not like it that much.

Thanks for the input Bridges. I love the look of those, but probably won't get them. Thanks for sounding off my man. That's what I'm looking for is advice. I love white, but am not sure which ones to get. I've eliminated the Tacki-Mac myself but would rather not have to order each and every one of these grips.

I'd like the Iomics if not for the price and the fact that I've read they are small.

What about the golf pride multi compounds in the white/black? While there not all black they look BA! I also have 1 of the white/black here to and 3 red/black being put on my wedges. I love the feel of that grip.

What about the golf pride multi compounds in the white/black? While there not all black they look BA! I also have 1 of the white/black here to and 3 red/black being put on my wedges. I love the feel of that grip.

I like these ones!

I like the look of the White Golf Pride VDR. They are new this year aren't they?

I like the look of the White Golf Pride VDR. They are new this year aren't they?

I'm not sure to be honest but they do look sort of mean don't they?

Heck ya, of course I'm looking at the red ones for my Diablo irons.

I wonder how close those VDR grips are to the Tour Velvets.

I'm not sure to be honest but they do look sort of mean don't they?

Last week I put the VDR on my 7i to compare it with the GP Decade which I used all last year. I was very impressed with them and I ordered enough to replace the rest of my set. They just felt so comfortable when I struck the ball......don't know about wet conditions as I have only used them indoors. I chose the white also.....they look great!

Last week I put the VDR on my 7i to compare it with the GP Decade which I used all last year. I was very impressed with them and I ordered enough to replace the rest of my set. They just felt so comfortable when I struck the ball......don't know about wet conditions as I have only used them indoors. I chose the white also.....they look great!

Are they as roughly textured as the Decade's?

I wonder how close those VDR grips are to the Tour Velvets.

I am curious about this as well. The VDR's are new for this season. I like the white grips as well and I also don't think the Iomics are worth it. I've been playing with the Lamkin PP 3Gen on my irons and they are the better ones out there for the price. I am playing the Winn Lites in black but am switching to white on the woods and love them. The perfect grip for me all around would be the Winn Lites in something a bit more durable and priced a bit less. I don't mind spending a little bit of money if I know they're going to last more than one season.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback Pirate. How hard are they? They are definitely on my radar.

Yeah GP's website says they are new this year. Maybe THP will get to do a review?

If you had a chance to post a picture or two that would be awesome. But if not, no sweat.

I really like the white ones.....

Are they as roughly textured as the Decade's?

No.....they feel softer near the butt end and gradually get firmer as you work down the shaft. The decade would beat me up sometimes but I loved the grip factor. The VDR seem just as grippy but better on my fingers and hands. I purposely hit the club short to try and get a good vibration and felt very little in the VDR and got some good sting with the decade. Buy one and throw it on a club and you'll be happy you did!

No.....they feel softer near the butt end and gradually get firmer as you work down the shaft. The decade would beat me up sometimes but I loved the grip factor. The VDR seem just as grippy but better on my fingers and hands. I purposely hit the club short to try and get a good vibration and felt very little in the VDR and got some good sting with the decade. Buy one and throw it on a club and you'll be happy you did!

Thanks for the info Pirate, I'm going to try it. I feel the same way about the decade.

Sorry to thread jack MSB.

I use the GP 2G because I find them to be the best grip for me year round beccause they are easy to grip dry or wet. I play without a glove 95% of the time and would not be able to use them if they were slick when wet. Not sure if maybe I grip slightly harder than Bridges or not, but I love these grips.

on the way!

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Threw these together quick for you. I was trying to pick colors......I'm funny like that.

Thanks for the info Pirate, I'm going to try it. I feel the same way about the decade.

Sorry to thread jack MSB.

No apologies needed Titan. I'm interested as well. Trying to decide between the grips I listed.

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Threw these together quick for you.

Thanks Pirate! I think those look awesome. Before I'm done pestering you, how soft are they and how tacky?

Anyone played the Lamkin 3 Gens? Seem pretty close to Tour Velvets.

Back