TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Its in the bag right now during testing. Im not sure it will stay there. Love the way it is working, but there are a lot of great FW woods out there right now. The driver will not find a place right now.

Yeah. I just got a new Superfast 3 wood and am already wondering if I should have waited on the R11 Fairway. Would you at least say the Superfast 3 wood won't make it back?

Yeah. I just got a new Superfast 3 wood and am already wondering if I should have waited on the R11 Fairway. Would you at least say the Superfast 3 wood won't make it back?

I dont know yet. I take my time in selecting my bag and like to get plenty of launch monitor time.

I dont know yet. I take my time in selecting my bag and like to get plenty of launch monitor time.

Understandable. Really wish those were more readily accessible in the golfing world. I think a driving range could earn lots of kudos if they had a launch monitor set up at every covered bay. Let workers unplug them and take them indoors during rain. Or at least say, 10 bays with launch monitors where maybe the rate per bucket is a little higher.

Ok, back to R11 talk.

I am really excited to get the r11 fairway out against the r9 model to see the major variations.. I feel like the addition of a trajectory adjustment will be seriously valuable. The r9 wasn't enough to convince me to make a change, but I am thinking this one might!

No surprise, Weir is a mess lately. I blame it on the Indian and not the arrow.

Buddy is local Golfsmith manager they sold 20 of these drivers in one day....

And the other 5 or so?
No comment on the others, I only saw Rollins that was named. I haven't seen him play in a while. Rollins is an interesting case, he's missed about half of the cuts in the last year and still manages to keep his card, he's a grinder.

I will say this though, if only 5 or so guys aren't liking this, that's pretty good odds. It might not work for some people.

No comment on the others, I only saw Rollins that was named. I haven't seen him play in a while. Rollins is an interesting case, he's missed about half of the cuts in the last year and still manages to keep his card, he's a grinder.

I will say this though, if only 5 or so guys aren't liking this, that's pretty good odds. It might not work for some people.

Im not sure what the odds are. We only got word of 5. The troubling thing for me is that how many out there actually are having trouble with the driver if within a couple of weeks 5 or so are already out there. Im not sure if this means anything or nothing. It seems that consumers everywhere are in love with it, but in my opinion (and only my opinion), there will be some different changes we see in these at the tour level.

Im not sure what the odds are. We only got word of 5. The troubling thing for me is that how many out there actually are having trouble with the driver if within a couple of weeks 5 or so are already out there. Im not sure if this means anything or nothing. It seems that consumers everywhere are in love with it, but in my opinion (and only my opinion), there will be some different changes we see in these at the tour level.

What kind of changes do you think?

I have no idea since it is only my opinion. But I think that numbers have to get to the proper levels and I know shafts can help that quite a bit, but the head has to work with the shaft and some of the guys are struggling.

Again, consumers seem to love it and in the end, that is all that should matter for us.

I guess that's high number by tour standards then.

I would be interested to know this as well.

:banghead:

I'm having a hard time deciding on a new driver. I hated the Blur (stock shaft) in the R11 and would get the R11 TP to get some other shaft options but that will be extra $80. Titleist 910 (same price as R11) has many stock shaft options but I really liked the R11 at demo day. I guess I'm just being a cheap a**. :dohanim:

I have no idea since it is only my opinion. But I think that numbers have to get to the proper levels and I know shafts can help that quite a bit, but the head has to work with the shaft and some of the guys are struggling.

Again, consumers seem to love it and in the end, that is all that should matter for us.

I think some consumers love it because of the hype and some because to of the performance. Maybe the driver works for imperfect swings rather than perfect pro swings. HAHA

Maybe I missed it in here, but is there a release date or any info on the 460 CC version?

I was talking to the Golf Galaxy guys yesterday about the R11 and while there wasnt a lot of people on Sunday hitting it they said Saturday was a mob scene. Said they sold around 40 R11's and most people were going with the TP version. Took a couple swings with it into the net and then gave it back. Wasnt talking to me and I hate hitting into the net anyway.

so Saturday I was at the in-laws with nothing to do so I drove to the local Golf USA so I could demo some clubs, especially the R-11 and 2.0. the only new club to demo they had was the R-11. I was so excited to finally be able to swing this club.

First Impressions- First of all, I actually quite liked the white, I did not find myself focusing on that aspect one bit. It was just another driver at that point. But, the white did make it look clean. Looking at the club and knowing there are weights, and other technology I at first thought it was going to be a heavier driver, I will say that I liked the weight A LOT! TM did an excellent job of making it feel properly weighted. Overall, just by looks and feel I was already impressed.

I was hitting on a simulator, it seemed to be a decent one at that. I did take a 7 iron in to hit just to give me an idea of how accurate the distances were before I got all excited about the driver. My 7 iron distance was spot on! First swipe with the R-11 and I hit one 267 with incredible ball flight. My launch angle was a little low but I was very happy with my results. Feel left me wanting just a little bit more, I was expecting it to feel very smooth off the face, and it was just a little harder than expected. Not much though. Sound was almost identicle to the R9 Supertri I have, I didnt notice anything overwhelming there. I hit about 25 balls ith the R-11 and my average drive distance was 274, which I will take any day of the week. I feel like with a different shaft I may have liked it a little more, I was not overly impressed with the shaft at all.

Afer about 20 balls, I looked at my shot dispertion and must say that it was something I could definately live with, it was a range that was 50 yards wide and I hit every ball in the green. so I was please. Just to appease myself and see how it measured up to another TM driver, I took out the Burner SF driver from last year and took about 10 swings, my average distance was 287, but I did hit some drives out of bounds. I would be happy losing 15 yards but being accurate all day

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the R-11. will I run out and buy one today? nope. I see the same results from my Supertri at the moment. I did really like the white though. I wish I had the time to adjust the driver and see how my numbers changed but I didnt.

thanks for reading and feel free to ask questions. oh, and the shaft was a reg flex, which I normally do not play

good stuff 1T. I'm interested in hitting this thing outside and playing with some of the settings. I highly doubt this thing would make it's way in to my bag, but I do like the looks of it.

That's cool One-T! Those are exellent results!

I was talking to the Golf Galaxy guys yesterday about the R11 and while there wasnt a lot of people on Sunday hitting it they said Saturday was a mob scene. Said they sold around 40 R11's and most people were going with the TP version. Took a couple swings with it into the net and then gave it back. Wasnt talking to me and I hate hitting into the net anyway.

I worked Saturday and we were blowing them out. I knew we would have a ton of people coming in to look at them and hit some balls but I was amazed at how many we were selling.

I worked Saturday and we were blowing them out. I knew we would have a ton of people coming in to look at them and hit some balls but I was amazed at how many we were selling.

These guys said the same thing. They had to limit peoples swings/time in the net. Did you sell more regulars or TP's?

Good stuff one-t!

Were those distances carry or total? Either way, still great distances!

so Saturday I was at the in-laws with nothing to do so I drove to the local Golf USA so I could demo some clubs, especially the R-11 and 2.0. the only new club to demo they had was the R-11. I was so excited to finally be able to swing this club.

First Impressions- First of all, I actually quite liked the white, I did not find myself focusing on that aspect one bit. It was just another driver at that point. But, the white did make it look clean. Looking at the club and knowing there are weights, and other technology I at first thought it was going to be a heavier driver, I will say that I liked the weight A LOT! TM did an excellent job of making it feel properly weighted. Overall, just by looks and feel I was already impressed.

I was hitting on a simulator, it seemed to be a decent one at that. I did take a 7 iron in to hit just to give me an idea of how accurate the distances were before I got all excited about the driver. My 7 iron distance was spot on! First swipe with the R-11 and I hit one 267 with incredible ball flight. My launch angle was a little low but I was very happy with my results. Feel left me wanting just a little bit more, I was expecting it to feel very smooth off the face, and it was just a little harder than expected. Not much though. Sound was almost identicle to the R9 Supertri I have, I didnt notice anything overwhelming there. I hit about 25 balls ith the R-11 and my average drive distance was 274, which I will take any day of the week. I feel like with a different shaft I may have liked it a little more, I was not overly impressed with the shaft at all.

Afer about 20 balls, I looked at my shot dispertion and must say that it was something I could definately live with, it was a range that was 50 yards wide and I hit every ball in the green. so I was please. Just to appease myself and see how it measured up to another TM driver, I took out the Burner SF driver from last year and took about 10 swings, my average distance was 287, but I did hit some drives out of bounds. I would be happy losing 15 yards but being accurate all day

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the R-11. will I run out and buy one today? nope. I see the same results from my Supertri at the moment. I did really like the white though. I wish I had the time to adjust the driver and see how my numbers changed but I didnt.

thanks for reading and feel free to ask questions. oh, and the shaft was a reg flex, which I normally do not play

Dude those are pretty good numbers. Id love to have some numbers like that.

Back