gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
If you have a shaft flex that is to weak for you, what will the ball flight possibly be like? Thanks

I learned this year that the miss could be anything. Typically high right, but really anywhere it can miss.

If you have a shaft flex that is to weak for you, what will the ball flight possibly be like? Thanks

Alot of people associate too weak of a shaft with a big slice, when really its the swing not the shaft. A fitting should clear everything up.

Well when hitting my Driver and 3w, both regular, my miss has just been a pull. Not a hook but a pull. And then when I hit my dad's driver which is stiff it straightens out. And his driver is really old too haha. I don't know what it is because I'm not pulling my irons either.

Too whippy of a shaft will result in a slice. The shaft gets ahead of the clubhead and pushes the clubhead open.

Ok thanks guy, guess I'm gonna have to look at the swing again.

The ball usually goes a lot higher for me with a shaft that is to weak.

Well when hitting my Driver and 3w, both regular, my miss has just been a pull. Not a hook but a pull. And then when I hit my dad's driver which is stiff it straightens out. And his driver is really old too haha. I don't know what it is because I'm not pulling my irons either.

With a pull, from what I have gathered its a swing fault. Meaning your coming outside in (which would usually cause a slice) but your clubhead is square at impact instead of open which means you just pull the ball since your coming outside in. If your clubhead was closed with an outside in swing then you would see a pull hook.

High slice usually. Go into a golf shop and you should be able to figure out what flex you need very easily.

The ball usually goes a lot higher for me with a shaft that is to weak.

With a pull, from what I have gathered its a swing fault. Meaning your coming outside in (which would usually cause a slice) but your clubhead is square at impact instead of open which means you just pull the ball since your coming outside in. If your clubhead was closed with an outside in swing then you would see a pull hook.

Shaft flex can also attribute to a pull. Not as frequently but it can assist in bringing a pull into play.

thank you jb and everyone else

Agree with JB. A shaft that is too weak can make the ball do weird things. If I swing a regular shaft, I always get a huge pull/hook.

Agree with JB. A shaft that is too weak can make the ball do weird things. If I swing a regular shaft, I always get a huge pull/hook.

Me too, a weak shaft will result in a pull/hook for me.

I'm actually excited to listen to those radio shows JB posted.
I actually thought I have too whippy of a shaft, but then I attributed the feeling and the really high ball flight to where the kick point is in the shaft.
I hope I have the proper shaft, because I just found out that to buy mine with an i-mix adapter is $300!

Back