THP Golf Outing Official Second Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
good question, Everone will play from the same tees except for the ladies(and hanks) and whoever qualifies as a senior(Gray). I will agree that its ok for a 25+ handicapper to play one tee up as long as everyone agrees to that.

From what it sounds like we need to have biggsy and rbelkin hitting from the tips :D

I can drive the cart pretty good. I can hail down the drink cart well too. I also do well at dispersing wildlife with errant shots so if there's a pterodactyl looking bird in your way I can clear him/her for you.

You also do rather well with older people on the course ( or in their golf cart) as I recall! :D

You also do rather well with older people on the course ( or in their golf cart) as I recall! :D

That was one time... a fluke. I've been pretty consistent with wildlife.

I think we need to find out what course we're playing at before we decide on tees I think.

Team #1, is, well, Team #1????
or
"The Family Trunk"
or
"FLTC's Dudes"
or
"We hate Jake"
or
"TIGER Who?"
or
"TEAM Euro"
or
"Team Big Horns"
or
"Team S3's"

No, no , no , no , no , no , no , no :nono:

hey Rhino already threatened me as well, I hope he has more than 1 crowbar

I dunno what you guys are talking about? :angel:

And yes One-T I do, it is called my driver!! ( and 7 iron, pitching wedge, etc.etc.)

That was one time... a fluke. I've been pretty consistent with wildlife.

I think we need to find out what course we're playing at before we decide on tees I think.

Good call on this one!

I like the idea of moving up tees for a more level playing field.

What course would everyone like to play? (This isn't a deciding question, just a question of what one youd like to play).

I like the idea of moving up tees for a more level playing field. What course would everyone prefer to play?

I believe T is working on that as well as hopefully securing a discount.

My thought is everyone should be from the same tee. Ladies, seniors and mere mortals alike.

I once played a scramble from the green tees (ladies/juniors) boy was that interesting and lots of eagle chances.

I'm not saying from the closest tee box, but one or two back would make scoring a lot of fun.

I'll play any tees at any course. Watch out for Team 1, we got two 6' 3" lefties, and ringer to take out other teams.

Team 4 = Biggsy, UncleDaddy,OEMKevin, Spank2
Alright team 4 sound off. First off, 4 is my favorite number so that's a good omen right there. I know OEM pretty well but have never teed it up with him. Looking forward to it cowboy.

I hope one you has a descent short game, that's a weakness of mine.

Is UncleDaddy TC &1T's pops? If so I think we met at the first outing. Is Spank2 a mini version of the original? I don't think either one of them post that much, what's their stories?

100 days or so...man this is going to take forever, get here already.

Sounds like a good strategy for team biggsy to me! I wouldn't help my team much at all if i hit anywhere other than the front tees.

My thought is everyone should be from the same tee. Ladies, seniors and mere mortals alike.

I once played a scramble from the green tees (ladies/juniors) boy was that interesting and lots of eagle chances.

I'm not saying from the closest tee box, but one or two back would make scoring a lot of fun.

Alright team 4 sound off. First off, 4 is my favorite number so that's a good omen right there. I know OEM pretty well but have never teed it up with him. Looking forward to it cowboy.

I hope one you has a descent short game, that's a weakness of mine.

Is UncleDaddy TC &1T's pops? If so I think we met at the first outing. Is Spank2 a mini version of the original? I don't think either one of them post that much, what's their stories?

100 days or so...man this is going to take forever, get here already.

Hey biggsy. Spank2 is not on the site yet (still in the midst of a move) but he's a high capper like me (normally shoots in the 90's). Got a good short game but streaky. Not a long baller but you guys should be ok with that.

WOW this thread is totally hopping. I went back a few pages and was confused. Were teams picked? Indeed they were - on page 13! I checked this thread this morning and was like, ok, nothing new and exciting - and now so much has happened!! Mr. Blind9 will be very excited. $10 is cool for entry. His team look awesome - Team 6 = DrTeeth, Mrblind9, RxGus, 9Iron - from what I know from being on here - it's going to be a fantastic round. He really loves great company and you gentlemen are all so nice. I'm thrilled to be passing along the info of who his playing partners are. Thanks One-T for all your hard work!

WOW this thread is totally hopping. I went back a few pages and was confused. Were teams picked? Indeed they were - on page 13! I checked this thread this morning and was like, ok, nothing new and exciting - and now so much has happened!! Mr. Blind9 will be very excited. $10 is cool for entry. His team look awesome - Team 6 = DrTeeth, Mrblind9, RxGus, 9Iron - from what I know from being on here - it's going to be a fantastic round. He really loves great company and you gentlemen are all so nice. I'm thrilled to be passing along the info of who his playing partners are. Thanks One-T for all your hard work!

This group is going to be freaking awesome!
I would like to think that I know 9i pretty well from the last outing (he's a really cool cat), but I didn't get to play with him at all (despite the 4 rounds!). It will be nice to see how his game is coming along.

Dr Teeth and I will have an interesting dynamic because we will have played the first round saturday with each other and should have a pretty good idea how each of our games are going that day. Besides... if we play the same course I would be willing to bet there will be some planning during our first trip around the bases.

Mr.9 should be a lot of fun... it sounds like he has a real passion for golf and honestly that is all that really matters!

RE: the course
Having played all 4 courses last outing, I would vote for the Palmer if we could swing it. Beautiful course and a great closing hole. Really though, we can't go wrong as all 4 courses are amazing.

The scramble format is going to be great- less pressure when we will all be tired, and a better chance to interact as a foursome. Also- more room for beer. Yea!

Certainly will be the most cerebral group.

RX- I agree on the Palmer course, I would love to get another chance at that one. But I'm good for whatever course we can get on.

Certainly will be the most cerebral group.

You missed the beer part! At least for me, those are mutually exclusive things!

I suppose we could name the team "The Docs" though it leaves two people out and makes Teeth and I sound like pretentious d-bags!

I think we'll all be beer'd out which still makes you guys smarter by a long shot. :D

I suppose we could name the team "The Docs" though it leaves two people out and makes Teeth and I sound like pretentious d-bags!

ya you don't want to do that.

Here's a team name for them... Team Brainiacs. :D

Might be an apt name. The husband's very smart - has a graduate degree (will remain unnamed) from a big school.

Also, fyi the husband's not drinking on this trip - and neither am I (BOO HOO!). Kind of off topic - I was so psyched to be going on this trip, thinking I'd be boozin' it up and passing out w/o having to take care of the kids (totally serious - b/c nothing kills a buzz like two whiny kids when you come home from a night out) ... but turns out I'll be 5 months pregnant when we get out there. SO, the husband won't be drinking in solidarity and sympathy. You could use the money to buy beers anyway when Team 6 wins - just means more booze for 9-Iron, RxGus and Dr. Teeth.

One-T if you're currently taking suggestions for courses I'd definitely 2nd the above mention of The Palmer for this.

Might be an apt name. The husband's very smart - has a graduate degree (will remain unnamed) from a big school.

Also, fyi the husband's not drinking on this trip - and neither am I (BOO HOO!). Kind of off topic - I was so psyched to be going on this trip, thinking I'd be boozin' it up and passing out w/o having to take care of the kids (totally serious - b/c nothing kills a buzz like two whiny kids when you come home from a night out) ... but turns out I'll be 5 months pregnant when we get out there. SO, the husband won't be drinking in solidarity and sympathy. You could use the money to buy beers anyway when Team 6 wins - just means more booze for 9-Iron, RxGus and Dr. Teeth.

1. Congratu-freaking-lations
2. Mr9 MUST be a stand-up guy to do that for you. All the more excited to meet him! How's his game looking these days? :alien:

Edit: Team name. I would find much amusement in doing a "Pinky and the brain" type theme.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?
Yes... but TC and Pippy Longstocking- what would the children look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back