Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

DD, Kelly and Ole Gray great write ups! I completely missed the part about being able to test in a simulator or practice green, I really should have got in on this! Oh well, it's up to you guys to sell me on them now so keep the reviews coming!

Please read the thread again. We said in it that simulator, practice green, or course.

wow.. I thought it said course too! I could've used these on a simulator easily. Oh well maybe next time!

KB and Gray, very nice write ups. I cant wait to get my hands on some of these.

Good write ups guys. If these balls are getting that nice of spin on wedge shots I kind of want to try the RXS out now too!

I really love the RX ball and I am glad to see that it is making a grand appearance in yellow.

Thank you to all the reviewers that are putting these through the ringer. I love hearing the thoughts from real hackers just like me.

Great write up everybody. Will give them a try since the 330RX whites is regular ball I play.

Was working from home today, but got an email that the sleeve has been delivered to my office. I will try them out Saturday.

Haven't been able to get outside with these as I have five inches of snow on the ground here in Kentucky, but have putted some with them in the house on my putting green and am impressed with the feel coming off the club and I do like the yellow color. Gotta a feeling when I can get outside which looks like this weekend that this will be an outstanding ball and I do like the yellow color!

Mine came today! I hope to try them out Saturday morning weather permitting!

KellyBo took some pics of the new Bridgestone RX so I will not duplicate that.

Bridgestone RX Review

I took the new yellow RX Bridgestone for a test drive today. I have not read any of the previous posts so this is my honest opinion. Before any comments on the performance of this ball, I must talk about the color. When compared to the yellow Bridgestone E6 ball, there is a definite (IMO) difference in the shade of yellow. I actually prefer the toned down version of the RX. It has a mellow yellow tint to it, as where the E6 is more of a flashy shiny yellow. So I give the RX version the nod on color. It is more pleasing on the eyes for me.

Today was very windy and quite chilly. I test the new RX along with the E6 & cousin Precept. Many of you may not know but the Precept is in the Bridgestone family. I was playing alone so I could hit each ball from different distances to be able to give my opinion on the performance factor.

Tee shot: I really like the feel of the RX off the driver. It was soft and at the same time had that well struck feel & sound to it. The trajectory was average for me as my normal ball flight is high. I hit the RX first on a par five and really struck it well sending it into the wind yet quite long down the fairway. I then teed up my old faithful winter ball which is the Precept and struck it equally as well. The Precept was a good 10 yds past the RX which really surprised me. I did not play the E6 on this particular par 5. I found that the RX ball & the Precept to have a very similar feel off the tee which I did not expect. I mean this in a good way as the Precept has always been a favorite ball of mine. The Precept ball kept up with it’s big brother very well in the distance category with the RX flying 10 yds further on well struck drives with both balls on the next par 4 hole. The E6 was the shortest by a few yds.

Iron shots: Mid iron shots with the RX ball was again the same soft but hot feel the Precept had. Both balls felt better compressing than the E6. I could not tell enough in the distance category to really say there was an outright winner. The ball flight for me was very similar with the RX & little brother Precept. The E6 had a slightly lower ball flight into the wind and less side spin.

Full wedge shots: The RX took the honors hands down on this category. Great spin and it landed like a butterfly with sore feet. The second place finisher was the Precept with the E6 coming in third. The E6 just feels a bit harder than the other two balls.

Green side shots: The RX ball dominated in this category over the other three. I would rate the RX in 1st place as compared to the other three balls. It’s a great greenside ball!

Putting: The RX & Precept balls felt the exact same for me off the putter. It’s almost like they came out of the same mold. The E6 ball was a bit more clicky feeling.

Overall: Bridgestone makes the best balls in the business. I highly recommend the new yellow Bridgestone RX . The ball is very easy to see in the fairway, it’s easier to see in the air, & it has a calming feel about it on the tee. It’s a great new premium ball and it’s a winner!

So which balls will be in your pockets on those chilly mornings Gray?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I enjoyed them so much today that I plan to put them in play tomorrow during my weekly blitz round.

Ok, I didn't get a chance to play these today, but I will give them the full run down tomorrow.

Loving the write ups and the pictures so far...alas, no yellow balls in the mail for me today. Hopefully tomorrow for me.

My normal ball is the white 330RX and I have a little trouble tracking my ball in the air. So I am curious to know how easy it is to track the yellow version.

I found it easier to track in the air than the white, I too play the white RX and would have never planned to put the optic yellow in play without testing them today. I wrote up a comparison between it and the e-5.

Great pictures! Ill have some up tomorrow. Bought a card reader today so I can upload KB and Gray loved your reviews. They were very detailed and you two certainly put them through the tests.

I got to the course and did a couple hours of short game work with the Yellow B330RX.

Pitch Shots: this ball gets up quick an lands soft. There is definitely a good amount of spin and was stopping as well as the Zstar I grabbed from my bag. The RX feels great off the wedges. The only ball Ive used that is softer is the Burner Tour. The RX feels more substantial though and stops faster.

Chip Shots: My niblick is used a lot for this shot. I had no issues controlling the ball and it was easy to anticipate rollout. So much control with this ball and its very soft.

Off the Putter: Its feels pretty soft and very easy to control. The sound is good and I describe it as comfortable. The yellow really stands out when Im aligning putts. The yellow color is easier to aim for me and the fact it seems more subdued than the Zstar yellow is a plus for me. I like the more mellow tone to it.

The ball is everything I remember around the green and off the putter. I cant wait to put this one on the course tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it easier to track in the air than the white, I too play the white RX and would have never planned to put the optic yellow in play without testing them today. I wrote up a comparison between it and the e-5.

Thanks Dawg and nice write up. I cant wait to try these out.

Awesome reviews! These have been wonderful!

Couldn't ask for any better! Keep them coming everyone!

I played 18 today and must say I had a great ball striking day and really enjoyed the yellow B330-RX. I already play the B330-RX as my regular ball as I was fortunate enough in 2009 to be invited to Bridgestone’s production & testing facility in Covington, Ga. I was fitted for the 2008 model RX and was a tester for the 2010 RX prototype. So I know the ball very well, but I have never hit an optic yellow ball before and being in my 60’s and pretty well set in my ways I had never considered changing from the white ball. After playing today I am a fan. I would recommend the yellow to anyone who has trouble seeing the ball after 200 yards, it really is much easier to see in flight.
For some reason I seemed to putt this ball really well, can’t figure a reason for that but on the back side today I was 2 under and used only 11 putts. On the front I was 5 over and used 15 putts, that was more like a normal round. The “sparkle” in the optic yellow is pretty neat looking and the only time I had trouble spotting the ball was on a par 3 where I pushed the ball 15 yards right and it was resting in a bare area that was mostly clay. If any of you are already playing the RX I think you will like the yellow as it was fun to put a ball in play other than the standard white.
I promised mdbuschsr that I would hit a few e-5’s and give him my thoughts on it vs. the RX head to head. The e-5 feels a little harder off of most of the clubs, and it is especially noticeable with the driver and putter. Surprisingly they feel very similar when chipping but not putting. They roll about 5-10% more than the RX and as I said, feel harder off of the putter. The RX feels MUCH better putting. The times I hit both with the driver , they seemed to have pretty equal distance. The RX seemed to be a little longer with the irons. I play the e-5 when I am playing a practice round or extremely tight course as they are less expensive and they do spin enough to keep on the green. The RX just feels much, much better on about any shot when compared to the e-5.

Great write up Dawg. Thanks for the comparison. I love the yellow of the E6, just not the ball. I love the feel and action of the E5, just wish I could get yellow. Sounds like I'm going to have to pick up some B330RX's in yellow when they hit shelves. Since I'm not spraying the woods as much anymore I can start to afford a more expensive higher end ball.

Really loving the early reviews coming in so far! Looks like Bridgestone has another hit on it's hands

I'm curious how this yellow does with the glare from the sun. I found that when I was playing the yellow E6 I would lose the ball in the glare. I've had a bunch of times that I literally drove right over top of the ball and didn't see it until I turned around. Of course the same thing happens with a white ball, but it has been noted that there is a slight color difference between the E6 and this 330RX.

I plan to play them again today in the blitz, I will ask my playing partners for their imput as to how it looks in flight to them.

So which balls will be in your pockets on those chilly mornings Gray?

Hanks -- You know I can find the yellow ones easier good buddy :D..

Great pictures! Ill have some up tomorrow. Bought a card reader today so I can upload KB and Gray loved your reviews. They were very detailed and you two certainly put them through the tests.

I got to the course and did a couple hours of short game work with the Yellow B330RX.

Pitch Shots: this ball gets up quick an lands soft. There is definitely a good amount of spin and was stopping as well as the Zstar I grabbed from my bag. The RX feels great off the wedges. The only ball Ive used that is softer is the Burner Tour. The RX feels more substantial though and stops faster.

Chip Shots: My niblick is used a lot for this shot. I had no issues controlling the ball and it was easy to anticipate rollout. So much control with this ball and its very soft.

Off the Putter: Its feels pretty soft and very easy to control. The sound is good and I describe it as comfortable. The yellow really stands out when Im aligning putts. The yellow color is easier to aim for me and the fact it seems more subdued than the Zstar yellow is a plus for me. I like the more mellow tone to it.

The ball is everything I remember around the green and off the putter. I cant wait to put this one on the course tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice write up buddy, I cant wait to hear how this ball treats you on the course!

Do you mean the glare with the ball on the ground or while it's in the air?

I have issues with balls in the air haha. My transition lenses aren't the best for sunglass substitution so Ill lose it sometimes.

I've missed my ZStar on the ground a few times. Interesting point. Ill keep note of that when I get out next.

I'm curious how this yellow does with the glare from the sun. I found that when I was playing the yellow E6 I would lose the ball in the glare. I've had a bunch of times that I literally drove right over top of the ball and didn't see it until I turned around. Of course the same thing happens with a white ball, but it has been noted that there is a slight color difference between the E6 and this 330RX.

Back