Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

Missed an opportunity to multiquote lol. Me too. I loved these guys at the outing. In fact, after going through the short game ringer I'm wondering why I ever left them. The ball gets up quick and provides a lot of control when chipping and pitching. The urethane cover really provides that extra component to getting good control for me on the greens.

nice write up buddy, I cant wait to hear how this ball treats you on the course!

Missed an opportunity to multiquote lol. Me too. I loved these guys at the outing. In fact, after going through the short game ringer I'm wondering why I ever left them. The ball gets up quick and provides a lot of control when chipping and pitching. The urethane cover really provides that extra component to getting good control for me on the greens.

I hear you about the Urethane cover. In the winter conditions here right now you don't need a tour caliber ball at all, but when I don't I miss that greenside spin. Love the reviews so far on this ball and look forward to your thoughts after the round today Yoccos.

Thank you CB! I'd never thought I'd need that spin and granted a lot of times I don't. It's nice to have that in your back though huh?

One thing that was appearant to me yesterday though, is how much better I hit a ball that is geared towards my skill set. The pitch shots it was the most appearant. The extra forgiveness I think the ball has, really helps on mishits/slight mishits. I think more people could benefit if they played a ball that fit their skill sets.

I hear you about the Urethane cover. In the winter conditions here right now you don't need a tour caliber ball at all, but when I don't I miss that greenside spin. Love the reviews so far on this ball and look forward to your thoughts after the round today Yoccos.

this is where a softer cover can really help someone if they're willing to sacrifice a little distance
Thank you CB! I'd never thought I'd need that spin and granted a lot of times I don't. It's nice to have that in your back though huh?

One thing that was appearant to me yesterday though, is how much better I hit a ball that is geared towards my skill set. The pitch shots it was the most appearant. The extra forgiveness I think the ball has, really helps on mishits/slight mishits. I think more people could benefit if they played a ball that fit their skill sets.

I just checked my mail and much to my delight, a beautiful sleeve of yellow Bridgestone balls was waiting for me. I'll be taking these out for a test drive tomorrow. First impressions are they they are stunning in person. I don't think these will be easy to lose. I'm currently playing the B-330S so I'm excited to see how these stack up. Thanks again THP and Bridgestone.

STill no yellow love for me. Starting to get worried that someone in my local PO is testing these bad boys.

Do you mean the glare with the ball on the ground or while it's in the air?

I have issues with balls in the air haha. My transition lenses aren't the best for sunglass substitution so Ill lose it sometimes.

I've missed my ZStar on the ground a few times. Interesting point. Ill keep note of that when I get out next.

I mean on the ground. The low winter sun plays havoc with my eyes. I have literally driven directly over (tire tracks and all) golf balls that I never saw until I turned around to view in a different light/angle. While the yellow E6 is much better as a general rule, there are conditions in which it is no better or perhaps even worse than white.

STill no yellow love for me. Starting to get worried that someone in my local PO is testing these bad boys.

Different mfg I know, but the balls for the TM blind test took 2-3 days longer to arrive here in NC than anywhere else. Fear not!

OK, just in from playing the B330-RX for the second time. Today I played with 3 of my golf buddies and at the end of the day everyone agreed that the yellow was not only easier to see, it is much easier to see. I again played pretty well compared to how I have been playing lately and was 4 over on each side. My putting was again good, but today I only had 1 birdie and could have easily had several more. Something about putting this ball is just better than putting a white ball, don't ask me what as I cannot figure out what makes that so. 2 of my buddies are saying they plan to purchase these balls or the yellow e-6 soon, that was a pretty good endorsement IYAM. I now have 2 rounds on these balls and still have all three, that is a testiment to their visibility if ever there was one. :D
mdbuschsr, we never had trouble spotting the yellow ball on the ground as we were driving up to it, several times the other guys drove past their white balls and had to loop back to it.

Last edited:
OK, just in from playing the B330-RX for the second time. Today I played with 3 of my golf buddies and at the end of the day everyone agreed that the yellow was not only easier to see, it is much easier to see. I again played pretty well compared to how I have been playing lately and was 4 over on each side. My putting was again good, but today I only had 1 birdie and could have easily had several more. Something about putting this ball is just better than putting a white ball, don't ask me what as I cannot figure out what makes that so. 2 of my buddies are saying they plan to purchase these balls or the yellow e-6 soon, that was a pretty good endorsement IYAM. I now have 2 rounds on these balls and still have all three, that is a testiment to their visibility if ever there was one. :D
mdbuschsr, we never had trouble spotting the yellow ball on the ground as we were driving up to it, several times the other guys drove past their balls and had to loop back to it.

I have had problems driving right past my ball so many times. Methinks I really need to try a yellow ball.

Could someone comment on cover durability?
Is this one of those balls that will absolutely get monstered by my wedges?

Glad to see they're working out for you so far DD
mdbuschsr, we never had trouble spotting the yellow ball on the ground as we were driving up to it, several times the other guys drove past their balls and had to loop back to it.

Could someone comment on cover durability?
Is this one of those balls that will absolutely get monstered by my wedges?
Nope, like I said I have 2 rounds with this sleeve and the only mark on them is a cart path scuff on one. I have hit at least 8 wedges shots in those 2 rounds any where for 75 yards in with the sand wedge and have not rolled up any of the cover on these shots. Very durable and they do take the spin very well.

Glad to see they're working out for you so far DD

Thanks Hanks, I already play the RX so it was just a matter of the optic yellow. I have become a fan of these yellow balls.

Nope, like I said I have 2 rounds with this sleeve and the only mark on them is a cart path scuff on one. I have hit at least 8 wedges shots in those 2 rounds any where for 75 yards in with the sand wedge and have not rolled up any of the cover on these shots. Very durable and they do take the spin very well.

Good to hear: considering I scuffed up a Pro V1x with my pitching wedge that has grooves about as aggressive as your fingerprints, I'm a bit leary of premium balls. Especialyl when my lob wedge is reputed to run through them like they're made out of feta cheese.

Good to hear: considering I scuffed up a Pro V1x with my pitching wedge that has grooves about as aggressive as your fingerprints, I'm a bit leary of premium balls. Especialyl when my lob wedge is reputed to run through them like they're made out of feta cheese.

I know exactly how you feel. My buddies and I called my 60* MD/C-grind the "Chomper". Only wedge I have ever used that will make hair on a range ball. LOL

I have spent some good, honest wedge time with these and a Z-Star. After around 200 shots, I have found that, as far as short game goes, I like these just as much as the Z Star. The ball flight from the wedges is low, with high spin. It is an immensly controllable flight, easily modified and kept in line. They checked as swiftly as anything I had with the Z Star. I will go out tomorrow and test full irons.

Fantastic write ups so far everyone....I think what I'm enjoying reading the most is from those who may becoming Bridgestone converts.

Ole Gray, your write up was awesome buddy!

Keep up the good work guys. So, who's testing the RX for the first time, and who's thinking that it may be staying in the bag?

This is a difficult question for me. I am liking what I am seeing so far. It is performing just as well as the Z Star in all tests. The thing is, the RX is 43 bucks a dozen, and while that is in line with others in the catagory, so far it just has not justified the increased cost over great balls such as a Nike One or Z Star.

Fantastic write ups so far everyone....I think what I'm enjoying reading the most is from those who may becoming Bridgestone converts.

Keep up the good work guys. So, who's testing the RX for the first time, and who's thinking that it may be staying in the bag?

This is a difficult question for me. I am liking what I am seeing so far. It is performing just as well as the Z Star in all tests. The thing is, the RX is 43 bucks a dozen, and while that is in line with others in the catagory, so far it just has not justified the increased cost over great balls such as a Nike One or Z Star.

Unless it's more durable and lasts longer? I find the RX to be very durable thus saving me money in the end.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

All of my testing today has been on the putting green (and driving my wife NUTS ads I walk to and fro in the house getting a different putter, even got "how many putters do you have? lol) with the e6 yellow and the RX Yellow. I'll get you guys a good ole writeup tomorrow at work lol. I'm loving the putter feel though, still searching for the right word to describe it, its proving difficult to find in my vocab.

Should be able to get out sunday though if we really do hit 59, YES!

I will be testing it for the first time once it gets here

I will be using this ball for the first time tomorrow. I have never used a Bridgestone ball before, so it should be interesting.

Z Star is pretty durned durable. I am definatley going to put these RX's through the ringer though, so we will see.

Unless it's more durable and lasts longer? I find the RX to be very durable thus saving me money in the end.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I will be using this ball for the first time tomorrow. I have never used a Bridgestone ball before, so it should be interesting.

Good luck and be sure to let us know what you think

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Thanks buddy. It's a great ball for sure and one both KellyBo and I enjoyed testing. Much appreciation to THP & Bridgestone for this wonderful opportunity .

Back