Bushnell Laser & GPS Hybrid Review

That looks great JB and its good to hear how well it works. I want one pretty bad but I don't $500 want one.

You've sold me in one post. I'm taking my 1600 back before my 30 days return period is up and getting one of these. Totally worth the extra $100.

Used this one today and have to say I have simply fallen in love. Clarity is great. Battery life is awesome. Distances are dead accurate and its the best of both worlds. GIves you the distances to the green as well as 2-4 points of interest. Here is a quick photo on screen 2 with the points of interest on a particular hole.

The device feels incredibly solid and well made (as expected) and despite not knowing if I would like the feel in my hand, it works perfectly and actually feels quite good.

1158570849_557cL-L.jpg

Each time I use this, I like it more and more. Becoming something that I cannot believe has not been done as of yet, and I like it.

Hi JB, I just bought the SGX skycaddie and also have the Leopold GX1. I always use both while playing. At my home course, I use the GPS mostly and pull out the laser when I am not sure of yardage. I walk and I have a holder for my GPS on my push cart and my Laser is in the pouch that is provided. Under this scenario, and If you put this device in the pouch in between shots, will the unit connect to the satellites right away when you take it out of the pouch? I am assuming that when the device is in the pouch that you would lose the satellite signal. PS - This is a great site!!
Each time I use this, I like it more and more. Becoming something that I cannot believe has not been done as of yet, and I like it.

It does not seem to take any time to "bring" in satellites. I have felt for the last year that the Bushnell GPS units were the fastest at doing that, and this just moves that further along.

JB, I have a laser I use for archery distances that gives true distance in relation to distance angles , does this system as well?

The answer may be in the thread but I skimmed...oops :)

JB, I have a laser I use for archery distances that gives true distance in relation to distance angles , does this system as well?

The answer may be in the thread but I skimmed...oops :)

I find that non-golf lasers do not do a great job on the course. The Pinseeker system that Bushnell uses is fantastic at picking up the stick. As for reading slopes and calculating distance, they do have Slope models that do that.

Thanks man, I was considering something along this line and the gps feature is just icing on the cake but I wanted a bit of clarification first.

Review of this one will be up tomorrow.

Mine's set to be here ASAP. I think it ships Friday! Can't wait....

Great review on the product. Sounds like they have a winner on their hands.

nice review JB...this device intrigues me. The best of both worlds.

Great review JB, I will look at this option when the Leupold finally bites the dust. I used the Sky Caddie before going to the laser rangefinder. I perfer the laser over the GPS but miss some of the GPS features. Obviously the best of both worlds.

nice review JB...this device intrigues me. The best of both worlds.

Yeah, I find myself using both parts of it quite a bit too.

That seals it. I need one. The gps on my phone just doesn't cut it

You will love it. Used it again today and like it more and more each time.

You will love it. Used it again today and like it more and more each time.

Yeah - I've been looking at a GPS unit, and a laser ... so this will fit the bill perfectly. Maybe a b-day (July) present from my entire family ;) lol

Man, just read the review (great job again JB) and I really want one. My game is not quite at the point where one of these will save me strokes over my Swami but I can see myself getting one in the next year or two.

Man, just read the review (great job again JB) and I really want one. My game is not quite at the point where one of these will save me strokes over my Swami but I can see myself getting one in the next year or two.

I'll probably consider it when I decide to break down and get a new rangefinder. It sucks when what you have is quality and you don't have any problems with it 10 years later. haha

I'll probably consider it when I decide to break down and get a new rangefinder. It sucks when what you have is quality and you don't have any problems with it 10 years later. haha

Thats awesome you have had one rangefinder for 10 years. Right now I don't need 100% exact yardages because I'm far from 100% with my irons, so the Swami gives me the yardages to the f/m/b and then I proceed to miss those numbers

Thats awesome you have had one rangefinder for 10 years. Right now I don't need 100% exact yardages because I'm far from 100% with my irons, so the Swami gives me the yardages to the f/m/b and then I proceed to miss those numbers

I usually use mine to know if I have to worry about hitting into the pond or not! I don't need distances to the yard either, but I got a really good deal on this when I got it and GPS wasn't around yet for golf courses (at least I don't think so!). I was using the rangefinders where you aimed at the flagstick and read on a chart how far it was based on how tall the flagstick was in the window!

Haven't seen one of these units yet. I love my SkyCaddie SGX and have never used a laser finder but I have some interest in this one.

As I understand it this is a V2 laser and a Neo+ rolled into one, right? I priced this out into components and together and it is cheaper to buy them separately. I may just buy them individually and save some cash. Having an all in one unit is great, but having separate devices has advantages as well.

Sorry if this was brought up, I skimmed a bit.

As I understand it this is a V2 laser and a Neo+ rolled into one, right? I priced this out into components and together and it is cheaper to buy them separately. I may just buy them individually and save some cash. Having an all in one unit is great, but having separate devices has advantages as well.

Sorry if this was brought up, I skimmed a bit.

For the most part, yes.

Back