Cleveland CG15 Wedge Unboxing & Review

View attachment 1980

How would you rate the condition of these wedges?

Hard to tell. They are a finish that is made to wear off and they show wear, but I cant tell by the grooves. They look okay, not great, but I have seen and played with worse.

Wow,those blue shafts are money!WTG!

THat is the setup I just switched to and like it quite a bit. Swapped out the shafts for the new DG Spinners and so far I am in love.

I just got around to order 4 spinners for mine (have a 62* laying around)

CG 15 wedge Bounce and soles

CG 15 wedge Bounce and soles

Guys want to buy last years cg15 wedges and want to know a preference on regular bounce soles or the dsg. Does the dsg just let you get under the ball better or what? Any input would be great as far as how they work or your likes and dislikes. Thanks Boston B

Guys want to buy last years cg15 wedges and want to know a preference on regular bounce soles or the dsg. Does the dsg just let you get under the ball better or what? Any input would be great as far as how they work or your likes and dislikes. Thanks Boston B

Merged this with a rather large CG 15 wedge thread. You might find more info in here.

The DSG is a very versatile option that many golfers have found useful.

I'm currently playing cg14 with a standard bounce. And I'm a sweeper when it comes to wedge play if that helps. I will check out more info thanks JB

TC - you happy you picked these up? Did you put the Hi-Revs in them?

I thought I liked that xFT, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that these make it look 2nd rate. My big worry was the leading edge (it's a little more rounded) and the bounce (I have 2-dots), but I'm finding them better in basically every way. They are longer and dig less on full shots and I really like them from 40-80 yards for pitch shots. They also just have a full feeling to them that I didn't realize I was missing with the xFT's.

If I could change one thing it would be to have one of them be a 1-dot. Probably the 58.

Wow, I am impressed

Wow, I am impressed

I picked up a set of CG15 Wedges when Kingdom59 ran a sale late last year. I finally got around to opening them up tonight and snuck out to the range. Really, I came away pretty impressed. I ended up going with 52-56-60 Oil Quenched CG15s. Pictures below.

6718523673_67a46fbeab.jpg

6718528745_3311c63ec4.jpg

6718526629_1bdf131d02.jpg

I began with the 52, taking a few practice swings and getting a feel for the club. Looked beautiful in the lights on the range and great at address. I lined up a ball and took a little half swing, maybe 7 o'clock ish to 7 o'clock ish. The ball literally leapt off the club face, went a solid 60ish yards I'd say. Yardage is not accurate at this point. I barely felt any contact so I was a little surprised. Thought I hit it a little thin. When I looked at the club face, I was right. Being these clubs were brand new and never used, the crappy range ball left an easily identified white mark showing I hit it right in the middle of the leading edge. I hit about 9 more clubs and came away very impressed. A very easy swing took the ball about 80 yards, literally without trying.

My experience was essentially repeated with the 56 and the 60. Chipping was beautiful, though the club was not as "forgiving" on mishits when chipping. Still, after 5 or so shots, I was getting the hang of chipping with them. If you look closely at the second picture, you'll still see some ball marks. One is on the leading edge, smack in the middle (first shot), the other is off the toe. Even that one came off pretty nicely.

All in all, my short experience was very, very good. The ball came off the face so clean and easy. And damn, the oil-quench is stunning in person. I can't wait to get these on the course and see how they play in a round. I think the confidence alone is worth the price. Next step is checking how the stock shafts spin the ball with the laser-etching. I'd prefer not to replace shafts, but, whatever works!

Very happy with my purchase, and for the price, I can't really complain.

BigK, I saw that deal as well and if I hadn't just bought some, I would've been all over it too. They really are great wedges. Glad you're happy!

Good info BigK. They were my favorite wedge I had played in years until the new 588s came out and I still love the CG15s quite a bit. Very Very good wedge with all the versatility one could want.

Nice pictures and a nice purchase buddy. I've been rocking some 15's for a while now (50/56) and I am very impressed with them. I find them to be far superior wedges to just about everything I've tried when it comes to a full shot. While I'm not much of an oil quench fan, those look good. I hope they treat you well.

Definitely very happy. I see the versatility they offer and it just gives me confidence I don't currently have in my short game. Can't wait to get these out on the course.

Loved the CG12 wedge. Just ordered a set of 4 like new CG15 Tour Zip Groove wedges: 46/8, 52/10, 58/12 and 64/8. Two of them are Dynamic Gold S300 shafts, and two are Cleveland Traction Wedge flex. Will report on how they play.

Back