Srixon Z-Star 3 wood

golfo5

Amateur
Reaction score
Does anybody has experience with the new Z-Star 3 wood?

I have been playing the driver for months now and love it. The FW wood will be here in the next couple of days and I will put them up to the test.

Is the stock shaft (3 wood) the Miyazaki Dromos 61 or the Dromos 71?

Looking forward to the review, Zrixon is becoming a real player in the woods market, that is good for all of us hackers

I actually dont know. I would suspect it to be the 71, but will know as soon as it arrives.

Will it be able to be hit at the Outing?
I have been playing the driver for months now and love it. The FW wood will be here in the next couple of days and I will put them up to the test.

When is the scheduled release date for the z-star line?

This spring.

Darn. Was hoping you were going to say mid-feb with the rest of the cleveland line.

Is the Miyazaki Dromos the aftermarket Miyazaki shaft like the Miyazaki C. Kua Cleveland is using?
I red in a Srixon prospect the torque of the Dromos shaft would be 5.2. In the Miyazaki Dromos prospect they wrote torque of the original Dromos is 4.2/4.3.

Is the Miyazaki Dromos the aftermarket Miyazaki shaft like the Miyazaki C. Kua Cleveland is using?
I red in a Srixon prospect the torque of the Dromos shaft would be 5.2. In the Miyazaki Dromos prospect they wrote torque of the original Dromos is 4.2/4.3.

Im showing it as the same shaft. It would surprise me to see them create two Dromos shafts considering they are not out yet and not going into any other standard drivers outside of the Z-Star.

Jb, is this already on the demo day list?

k, thanks. I was gonna go do that is it hadnt been done

Does anybody has experience with the new Z-Star 3 wood?

Here is my quick write up on it from hitting it briefly at the Denver golf Expo
Srixon Z Star fairway wood
WOW and WOW!!! this club flat out ROCKS!! I was at the Cleveland hitting booth and I had already hit the mashie and the Cleveland clubs so I asked the rep why there were no Srixon clubs to hit and he said there are clubs to hit. He walked across the aisle and grabbed the Z-Star driver and three wood for me to hit. He actually had to take the plastic off the clubs so I could hit them. I hit the three wood first and from first look at the shaft and head at address, to the transistion, to the impact, and then the follow through this club just went WOW!! The Miyazaki Dromo shaft is sharp looking and felt so effertless and smooth with this club head. I really felt the club head all through the swing. After a couple of swings to get used to it I really started to hit them really good. The whole swing just felt so smooth and while I know that is subjective there is really just no other way to describe it. Once again with the impact tape and like the Clevelands the majority were on the sweet spot. I really like the shape of the club head and while it seems shallow it really performed great for me. This club has gone to the top of my short list of five fairway woods.

The Srixon spec book that I have lists the shaft as;
regular flex 58 grams with a torque of 5.2
stiff flex 59 grams with a torque of 5.2
both show as a mid flex point

Back