More Buzz this week

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
So which tournament do you feel has the bigger buzz this week. Personally I think Dubai is the one I'm more interested in with the incredible pairing of Westwood, Kaymer, and Tiger. I love Pebble Beach but just can't stand all the celebrities they show. I don't want to see Bill Murray doing the same tired shtick.

I'll watch both with a keen eye, but am far more interested in what happens in the Euro event. I'll follow Pebble b/c of the fantasy league and b/c Phil's in the tournament.

So which tournament do you feel has the bigger buzz this week. Personally I think Dubai is the one I'm more interested in with the incredible pairing of Westwood, Kaymer, and Tiger. I love Pebble Beach but just can't stand all the celebrities they show. I don't want to see Bill Murray doing the same tired shtick.

I'm with you, a little bit (of the celebrities) goes a long way. However, now that THP has fantasy golf this will take a lot more of my attention this year.

I would say I am more interested in Pebble. But only marginally. I think the course plays a huge role as it is truly a gem. DJ going for a 3 time. Phil playing well and coming into a course he enjoys, and a really deep field.

I like the top of the field in the Euro event, but they will have to play well to keep my interest. If toothy and TW play the way they have been (I dont expect that), this tourney means nothing to me.

I would say I am more interested in Pebble. But only marginally. I think the course plays a huge role as it is truly a gem. DJ going for a 3 time. Phil playing well and coming into a course he enjoys, and a really deep field.

I like the top of the field in the Euro event, but they will have to play well to keep my interest. If toothy and TW play the way they have been (I dont expect that), this tourney means nothing to me.

On sort of a side note, does anybody have a problem for the "pay for play" in the euro event this week? I don't know how I feel about it yet but something about it makes me feel sort of icky. For me its a tie, I will probably watch the same amount of both.

The appearance money over there really detracts from the event. How common is that on the Euro Tour?

Pebble has not been the same since Jack Lemmon died. Jack Lemmon was a classic. Last year seeing Chris Berman's swamp ass, and worse, his golf swing, almost ruined the tournament forever for me. When he picked up Brandi Chastain was one of the most uncomfortable TV moments I've ever witnessed.

Kevin

Sounds like a good combination...watching Dubai all morning, then Pebble all afternoon. It's really nice on those few weekends where there are two interesting tournaments like that.

Of course, I'm travelling all weekend, so I won't see either event.

Sounds like a good combination...watching Dubai all morning, then Pebble all afternoon. It's really nice on those few weekends where there are two interesting tournaments like that.

Of course, I'm travelling all weekend, so I won't see either event.

haha, sorry but that gave me a chuckle. Maybe you can check in on THP for your updates buddy.

Pebble. The course is just plain pretty and some of the players playing it this week (DJ, JB Holmes) can really shorten the course and
Make things interesting

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I'm more interested in the Euro Tour this week, but the AT&T has a decent field this week too. I'll be watching both.

Pebble, really want to see how Harrington does after all the tinkering with his swing. he was looking good in his last outing until that daned armchair DQ

The tournament with the most "buzz" will be Dubai because of TW period. The one I most want to see is @ Pebble Beach as it is my 2nd favorite course in the USA, I would love to get out to Monterey again and maybe even get to play it. I was stationed at Fort Ord for basic training back in the mid 60's and that is some beautiful country.

Bill Murry turned pebble into a joke ,Im sick of him as well, he belongs in a beer league he should be embarrassed for he armpits , I no Marino wasn't playing with him but it looked like it was getting to him

Back