Ducttape

Reaction score
Handicap
I stumbled across this site while looking for some reviews on the new clubs being released. After reading lots of post I decided to join in on the fun.
I am 46 and just started playing golf about 1-1/2 years ago. I got hooked from the first time out even if it was ugly. I played competitive softball for over 20 years and have had a real hard time getting rid of a bad slice. I am planning on getting some help from a local PGA pro as soon as the weather allows it. I have never been fitted or anything and after reading all of these post I know it is a must. I hope to get my handicapp down below ten this year. I have never shot below an 86 but I know I leave at least 10 shots per round out on the course every time out.
Anyway I am excited to be here and I look forward to learning all I can from everyone on THP

Welcome to THP! Glad to have you here

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, you may have found another addiction. Good luck with the handicap.

Welcome to THP, glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

welcome to :welcome:

Welcom to THP !!!

Welcome Ducttape!!!!!

thanks for all of the welcomes. I look forward to interacting with everyone. I hope to get to play Sunday, it will be the first time since mid Nov.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome dude. Where is Floyd near, I am in Newport News so just wondering. I play competitive softball now too that I am done with baseball. It can be hard going from softball one weekend to golf the next then back. Good luck on the swing getting fixed.

Welcome to THP. We almost have enough VA THP'ers to plan an outing of our own....maybe we meet up with folks from NC sometime!!

Welcome!

Welcome dude. Where is Floyd near, I am in Newport News so just wondering. I play competitive softball now too that I am done with baseball. It can be hard going from softball one weekend to golf the next then back. Good luck on the swing getting fixed.

Floyd is located about an hour south of Roanoke and 30 min. south east of VA. Tech. I have found that golf never hurt my softball swing but softball kills my golf swing. I use a top hand swing in softball with a hammer grip. I wish I could make use it with my golf swing but I just can't seem to make it work. I definitely know I need to get fitted and have my swing analized. Good luck with both of your games.

Welcome to THP. We almost have enough VA THP'ers to plan an outing of our own....maybe we meet up with folks from NC sometime!!

Now that sounds like a plan. I would want to get rid of all of this rust first thou. I hit some Sunday for the first time in 3 months and it took quite a few swing to strike it clean, it was pretty ugly. Do you play any in Roanoke? I have only played Hanging Rock once, it is a touch but very nice course.

WELCOME TO THP! Its a blast

Back