Omega Dubai Desert Classic [Spoilers]

I would find it amusing if he came out and won this thing. Not the deepest field at a course that he has owned in the past. Then we would have the masses coming back and telling us how he is BACK and it just took some time. I mean really, where are they all after Torrey....Should we bump that thread again with those predictions? .:act-up:

Nobody knows anything until the season is over. The predictions people are making now about his triumphant return are nothing more in many cases his fans hoping to see the return of the man they admired on the golf course. Because when it comes to actual results, TW has not given us anything to say he is back to form as of yet in well over a year.

I'm looking at a longer time frame probably lol.

The other thing for me, when Tiger isn't constantly in the hunt, I don't look at it as playing well for him. Probably shallow but I have a high expectations for him. That's part of the problem with me and my views on his play. It's very easy for me to just remember how many wins he has and forget the tournaments he played and didn't win.

Or, I just said something without thinking and now I'm backpeddling. Lol. Probably the last comment before "Lol".

They are? Hasnt toothy missed like 3 cuts in a row?

I was going to say the same thing. The Tooth is not playing any better than TW right now, which is why I predict that Martin Kaymer will leave Dubai the #1 golfer in the world.

But he has shown us that, at the Chevron, he even went into the final round with a 4 SHOT lead, and got beat! Even then it wasn't enough. I guess i'll be watching this event very closely.
Exactly my point TC, for the typical Tiger fan they see that he had a 4 shot lead and while he didn't finish it off he still had the game for 3 rounds so a typical Tiger lover will be able to twist that into the fact that his GAME is back and just that he had a brain fart. It is easy to rationalize that he'll be back and that 1 brain fart with the lead shouldn't erase every time he's dominated. All I'm saying is that sooner or later the rationalization will have to come to an end if time and time again he fails to deliver be it in an event he has historically dominated or after he yet again showed signs of returning to form only to fall back to around 25th place.

Reading through this thread it sounds like the entire tournament comes down to who win's between three players rather than who win's the tournament. Tiger boy's want a great showing from him, while the Euro mom's want Kaymer and Westy to do good.

Don't forget how well several players have done right after having a son, (F Molinari), Alvaro Quiros is having a solid year, hard to count out Thomas Bjorn and the funny thing to me is how no one talks about the wonder boy Rory, lol, while everyone is jumping to the Ricky wagon before every US tournament.

Reading through this thread it sounds like the entire tournament comes down to who win's between three players rather than who win's the tournament. Tiger boy's want a great showing from him, while the Euro mom's want Kaymer and Westy to do good.

Don't forget how well several players have done right after having a son, (F Molinari), Alvaro Quiros is having a solid year, hard to count out Thomas Bjorn and the funny thing to me is how no one talks about the wonder boy Rory, lol, while everyone is jumping to the Ricky wagon before every US tournament.
Well said Duey!

Nice post Duey! I think it also will come down to some of those names you mentioned but it's hard to ignore Kaymer. He's been hot, and it's hard to steer away from his game because it almost looks mechanical.

Does anyone know what placing MK needs to be #1?

How is that different than any other tournament or any other sporting league or event anywhere? Do people talk about other teams as much as the Yankees or Redsox? Or how about the NFL with the Cowboys, or the NBA with the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics? Popularity drives early thoughts and frankly it is bigger news if TW wins or collapses than if Hairy Molinari contends or wins.

quite honestly i would hate to see kaymer become world #1. His lack of personality, and the fact that he bats for the same team that camilo does, would make it a tragedy for him to become #1. It would be like having Jean Girrard break into the top ten next. I dont mind Lee Westwood he has resurrected his game, and has shown what drive and desire to succeed can do for someone. However, I would love to see an american back on top, whether or not its Tiger. Im just glad the 2011 PGA tour season has started, and i hope the excitement continues with Dubai, and At&t this weekend. Should be a great weekend for golf. Im also hoping for a DJ 3 peat at pebble! Gotta pull for the carolina boys!

even in your post duey, which was a good one, you failed to mention who may be the favorite: the returning champ, MAJ!!

How is that different than any other tournament or any other sporting league or event anywhere? Do people talk about other teams as much as the Yankees or Redsox? Or how about the NFL with the Cowboys, or the NBA with the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics? Popularity drives early thoughts and frankly it is bigger news if TW wins or collapses than if Hairy Molinari contends or wins.

You may be right, but your "Hairy Molinari" made the post, lol. With all the hype the Euro's have put behind curly Rory, I find in astonishing that no one mentions his lack of winning, yet they try to compare Westy to Woods. I understand Westy is in the #1 spot, but even at that very little is slapped his direction when he misses every cut.

Nice post Duey! I think it also will come down to some of those names you mentioned but it's hard to ignore Kaymer. He's been hot, and it's hard to steer away from his game because it almost looks mechanical.

Does anyone know what placing MK needs to be #1?

I think he only needs to win. No matter what Toothy does. I think that's right.

quite honestly i would hate to see kaymer become world #1. His lack of personality, and the fact that he bats for the same team that camilo does, would make it a tragedy for him to become #1. It would be like having Jean Girrard break into the top ten next. I dont mind Lee Westwood he has resurrected his game, and has shown what drive and desire to succeed can do for someone. However, I would love to see an american back on top, whether or not its Tiger. Im just glad the 2011 PGA tour season has started, and i hope the excitement continues with Dubai, and At&t this weekend. Should be a great weekend for golf. Im also hoping for a DJ 3 peat at pebble! Gotta pull for the carolina boys!

Lack of personality?

A LOT of people are in love with other golfers that have no personality.

even in your post duey, which was a good one, you failed to mention who may be the favorite: the returning champ, MAJ!!

I'm looking for Quiros to take this. I can't put any numbers to it, but he seem's ready to get the win. Kaymer could be in there, but honestly I think this pairing will put all the pressure on these three guy's and make things much easier for "Hairy" and Alvaro.

HE IS BACK! That is all.....

+2 after 5 is not the start he needed. Lets see if he can turn this around.

TW is +2 at the turn. Toothy is -2 at the turn. Kaymer is -1 at the turn.

Rory is the leader shooting a -7 today for sole 1st place. I believe if he were to win, he would jump to 4th right behind TW in the rankings.

Sergio firing well today also shooting a -5 and 2 strokes back of the leader.

Turned it on 30 mins ago, first thing I saw was Tiger hit a snap with his 3-wood and yelling "GOD! DAMNIT!".

He just birdied 10 and 11 to get back to even par. Great start to the back 9.

WOW! Kaymer joins Toothy at -2 and TW throws up a double bogey to move back to +2

Not a real impressive showing by world #1 on the finishing hole. This as Tiger puts it to 8' from 255 out and Westy laid up. Westy with a nice unimpressive bogey while Tiger eagles 18 to salvage his day.

Final scores:
Kaymer -3
Westy -3
Woods -1

SKY Sports commentators were talking about Tiger like he was Arnold Palmer playing his last exhibition round to wind up his career. Quite comical actually. They were praising Westy like he has been dominating all of golf for years like Tiger has done most of his career. I wouldn't expect anything less.

HUGE eagle by TW to salvage a pretty poor round. That might lead to stronger things tomorrow.

I agree biggsy, the commentating was pretty comical.

Woods looks like he is struggling with this swing change quite a bit. It almost appears as if he isn't working on it that hard, but I'm sure I'm wrong. It's perception versus reality.

Is Rory still in the lead?

Yes, he finished the day at -7.

So reading some of the comments in here, you guys are saying Tiger ISNT back? Yet? ha

Back