Omega Dubai Desert Classic [Spoilers]

@ least Tigger got his round under par. He could've made a statement today, especially playing with the two guys that have surpassed him in the world rankings. He's still in the hunt though.

Does anyone know what placing MK needs to be #1?

Westwood could lose the top spot if Kaymer wins and he finishes lower than second, and if Kaymer finishes second and Westwood is out of the top 10. If Kaymer is tied for second, he could still become No. 1 if Westwood finishes out of the top 36.

Tiger may seem to lack the "dominance" he once displayed, but if you look at the average finishes in the four majors, he still played better than anyone else, winners included. But winning is what people remember. And everyone seems to forget he has had other slumps as well. Remember..."it's a process"...LOL!

Remember..."it's a process"...LOL!

How long does the "process" take to regain the form that so many keep saying is coming back? We are going on 2 years now. Im looking forward to seeing him in the hunt, but I am still not sure it is going to happen. Nothing over the last two years has said anything different.

There are still 3 more rounds (hopefully lol). I bet come outing time my friend, Tiger will be almost 3/4 back.

I've refrained from this tourney thread because I didn't feel like putting my foot back in my mouth haha. I'm hoping to catch some replay action at the gym today, although I haven't checked the television times.

I also like seeing Sergio close to the top. Hopefully he can keep it up.

@ least Tigger got his round under par. He could've made a statement today, especially playing with the two guys that have surpassed him in the world rankings. He's still in the hunt though.

How long does the "process" take to regain the form that so many keep saying is coming back? We are going on 2 years now.

I am sure that is a question he asks himself every day.

I am not necessarily a Tiger fan so to speak, I am a fan of good golf. It just happens in the last dozen or so years, it has been Tiger that has provided my entertainment. As it was Greg Norman before that and I enjoyed Craig Stadler and Fuzzy Zoeller for their game as well. If I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be Boo or AK, as they seem to have a good time playing at "work"

There are still 3 more rounds (hopefully lol). I bet come outing time my friend, Tiger will be almost 3/4 back.

I've refrained from this tourney thread because I didn't feel like putting my foot back in my mouth haha. I'm hoping to catch some replay action at the gym today, although I haven't checked the television times.

I also like seeing Sergio close to the top. Hopefully he can keep it up.

You truly are a faithful man yoccos, and it's admirable. It makes you look silly at times, but your fanaticism deserves an internet standing ovation.

You have to take your personal feelings for the man out of the equation and look at facts that he's shown us over the past two years:

-he hasn't won
-he's now 3rd in the world rankings
-he's in fact healthy
-he had an entire off season to work on his swing
-he had a 4 stroke lead in a tournament set up for him to be successful and he got beat
-he hasn't put 4 rounds of under par together in the longest I can remember
-he was out played today on a course he's practically owned the 5 times he's played it
-he's not making the putts that Tiger use to always make
-he doesn't step on the 1st tee on the first hole of a tournament and then everyone else is playing for second.
-his length off the tee isn't the x factor that it use to be

You cannot argue with any of those. Take them for what they are I guess. Could it be that he just not might be the Tiger of old? 2 years bro, 2 years now, and he hasn't shown me a thing to say he will be back to that form. Just facts bro.

more like ''hasn't' been back either...
So reading some of the comments in here, you guys are saying Tiger ISNT back? Yet? ha

You truly are a faithful man yoccos, and it's admirable. It makes you look silly at times, but your fanaticism deserves an internet standing ovation.

You have to take your personal feelings for the man out of the equation and look at facts that he's shown us over the past two years:

-he hasn't won
-he's in fact healthy
-he had a 4 stroke lead in a tournament set up for him to be successful and he got beat
-he was out played today on a course he's practically owned the 5 times he's played it
-he doesn't step on the 1st tee on the first hole of a tournament and then everyone else is playing for second.

You cannot argue with any of those. Take them for what they are I guess. Could it be that he just not might be the Tiger of old? 2 years bro, 2 years now, and he hasn't shown me a thing to say he will be back to that form. Just facts bro.
I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling TC is passionate about this subject.

How long does the "process" take to regain the form that so many keep saying is coming back? We are going on 2 years now. Im looking forward to seeing him in the hunt, but I am still not sure it is going to happen. Nothing over the last two years has said anything different.

You have to take your personal feelings for the man out of the equation and look at facts that he's shown us over the past two years

2009 PGA Tour - Tiger Woods:

17 events - 16 cuts made - 6 wins - 3 2nds - 14 top tens - 1st in prize money - 1st in scoring average - wins Fedex cup

That's some interesting counting you two are using to come up with two years, "he hasn't shown me anything"

17 events - 16 cuts made - 6 wins - 3 2nds - 14 top tens - 1st in prize money - 1st in scoring average - wins Fedex cup

That's some interesting counting you two are using to come up with two years, "he hasn't shown me anything"

Touche', I guess I was just looking at all of last year, when he was completely healthy, and so far this year. My bad, you're right, Tiger's been showing us those standards for quite some time now with his play and his results. How could I forget?

It was good to see Tiger get that eagle on 18 and get back into red numbers. He's only 2 behind Kaymer and Westooth so he wasnt completely outplayed. I'd like to see that eagle carry some momentum into round 2 for Tiger and see if he cant get into contention.

Whats even more interesting to me is seeing Sergio in 2nd right now! Seems like that sneaky top 10 last week might have given him some confidence.

Tiger/Westy/Kaymer go off at 8am (local time) tomorrow which I believe is 11pm eastern time today...any one know if golf channel plans on airing any coverage tonight?

Edit: doesnt look like any Rnd 2 coverage til tomorrow. Would have been great to catch some of it live tonight.

Fair points. They make some sense. Lol. Even though he is truly one of the GOAT I don't think an offseason will be enough for a full on swing change. I have to say I'm not sure he is putting all the time one would need, but it's just my opinion. That's why I think the more he plays, the more that swing will be become "his swing" during competition rounds. His short game isn't what it used to be. That I agree and it's probably where he should look first, but I've never been #3 in the world before.

I think he has a chance to make his mark in the tournament. I think it's great to have the top 3 in the field for this tournament but I'm not sure I'd use this one as the measuring stick for those guys. Give them a major in the big tour and lets see what happens. I'm changing my tune I guess but it's allowable haha.

I don't want to be a distraction with the El Tigre game talk. As a result of my gym time I'm really getting to know the Euro guys better (still not great). Can't recall by names just yet but I'm just liking the action a little better overall. Seems more golf is shown on the broadcasts.

-he hasn't won
-he's in fact healthy

I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling TC is passionate about this subject.

You think? lol. This thread is cracking me up, but the funniest part, IMHO, is that Sergio is a fare piece ahead of Tiger after the first round. Of everyone playing Rory is the one I would most like to see bag this thing and start a winning run of very consistant golf. The kid has a ton of game.

-he hasn't won
-he's in fact healthy

1. Tiger himself has said it took him 2 years to really feel Butch's swing, and 2 years to "own" Haney's swing. I think it is reasonable to think it will take 2 years for him to own Sean's swing.
2. His range time right now is on the swing, not on the putter/short game and it is showing
3. It's been 1 year and 3 months since the "incident", not 2 years... and he didn't pick up Sean until he was into the meat of the season.

I am not someone who is saying "this is the week", week after week. Just someone who recognizes that we are expecting too much out of him and that he will be back to a winning form sometime in the future. I think he wins 2 tourneys late this year, but no majors.

Touche', I guess I was just looking at all of last year, when he was completely healthy, and so far this year. My bad, you're right, Tiger's been showing us those standards for quite some time now with his play and his results. How could I forget?

TC is right, our math was a little off. Since you are putting up stats, do you care to put up any for the last 12 months? Just curious if we can see a difference a large difference since he has been "working" on his game.

TC is right, our math was a little off. Since you are putting up stats, do you care to put up any for the last 12 months? Just curious if we can see a difference a large difference since he has been "working" on his game.

Nope. Not disputing the last twelve months.

*edit - and unless you're in government 50% is a lot more than "a little" :D

but he picked up Sean because he was so bad and figured a change in coaches may help him?
1. Tiger himself has said it took him 2 years to really feel Butch's swing, and 2 years to "own" Haney's swing. I think it is reasonable to think it will take 2 years for him to own Sean's swing.
2. His range time right now is on the swing, not on the putter/short game and it is showing
3. It's been 1 year and 3 months since the "incident", not 2 years... and he didn't pick up Sean until he was into the meat of the season.

I am not someone who is saying "this is the week", week after week. Just someone who recognizes that we are expecting too much out of him and that he will be back to a winning form sometime in the future. I think he wins 2 tourneys late this year, but no majors.

but he picked up Sean because he was so bad and figured a change in coaches may help him?

Sean was wearing a wig at Perkins and got invited back to Tiger's place....

Anyone see the tree shot by Rhys Davies. Up next to a tree with 160 to carry the water, he goes for it? Wraps the club around the tree and it looks like a noodle as the ball goes skipping into the lake. Back to +1 for him.

Nope. Not disputing the last twelve months.

*edit - and unless you're in government 50% is a lot more than "a little" :D

I love fandom. I truly do.
Can you imagine if Phil had the type of year TW did last year? People would be buying his casket. Heck they already did and he won the Masters last year.
:laughing::laughing:

THis is exactly what I have said since the beginning. But only time will tell if that means "back to form". The only thing I can guarantee is that when he gets that win, his fans will go ballistic and claim he's back....We saw that at the Chevron only to see his collapse.

Im curious where you got the news that his practice focus is on the swing and not the putter though? Do you have a link to that? Because that seems VERY different with what a few folks have been saying to us.

have you heard the opposite then? if so that's interesting considering how off his putting has been
THis is exactly what I have said since the beginning. But only time will tell if that means "back to form". The only thing I can guarantee is that when he gets that win, his fans will go ballistic and claim he's back....We saw that at the Chevron only to see his collapse.

Im curious where you got the news that his practice focus is on the swing and not the putter though? Do you have a link to that? Because that seems VERY different with what a few folks have been saying to us.

Martin Kaymer will leave Dubai world #1. But who's that guy currently T2? Sergio Garcia? Hmmmm, must be some kid in on a Sponsor's Exemption, never heard of him.

have you heard the opposite then? if so that's interesting considering how off his putting has been

No, not the opposite at all. But we spoke to both some people at Nike as well as 3-4 tour reps that have been around him and all say he has been working A LOT on his putting.

that's still troubling seeing where he is with the putter....of course we don't know what putter he's been practicing with vs. actually gaming. or do we?
No, not the opposite at all. But we spoke to both some people at Nike as well as 3-4 tour reps that have been around him and all say he has been working A LOT on his putting.

Back