What Constitutes A Good Golf Outfit?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Steve Stricker look. It's the fact it's the same thing, all the time, that is his problem.

I think people should dress however they feel comfortable. And it's up to us to critique them!

Oh boy, I can see this thread going bad places if we are not careful...

IMO, a golfer should be allowed to wear whatever he wants. I am fine with jeans and a tee shirt, though I prefer a polo and slacks/shorts.

I agree with you except on the jeans and tee shirt. I was brought up to never wear jeans on a golf course. That is one thing I will never do. IMO Golf was/still is a Gentlemens game and Gentlemen and Women should dress that way on a golf course.

Just for fun I would like to post a picture of my outfit I wore last year. I am just open to critisism and am wondering if it is a little odd. Feel free to critisize, what do you guys think?

et8p6r.jpg

I like it alot Dent but then again I have no taste. Looks great to me though.

I like it too Dent!

Dent... not the color combo I would have went with but it looks very well put together and works... whoever is behind you is a different story.

Confidence and an outgoing personality can pull off a lot of outfits that otherwise would be "off limits" based on how loud they were.

Case and point- JD's outfit that was linked (the one with the shirt on)... I know a couple people that could wear that outfit and look great doing it.

interesting sides here. I could never wear jeans on a golf course, or play with my shirt untucked. but thats just me. I agree belts should match shoes, ive never matched em to anything else - and i got some nice new white shorts that i now need to buy a white pair of shoes lol. My everyday golf shoes are always black - easier to keep clean IMO. White is for special occasions!

Other than that i like subdued colors - im not a big bright kinda guy. I love light blues, navy's, blacks, whites. Most all my shirts/pants fall into that category. And as for a hat - i dont like wearing one all the time - my heads larger than most and hats hurt after awhile, ive never found a hat that fit well and was comfy.

Over the weekend some of us were talking about Rickie Fowler making the change in wardrobe from pink for Round 3 to his usual orange outfit for Round 4 on Sunday. Personally I don't mind the head to toe orange, but I don't like how his hat doesn't match his shirt/belt/pants. Thet are totally different shades of orange. So begs the question in my mind, is the problem with Rickie the head to toe orange or just that the oranges don't match? What do you think? Would it look better with white hat/belt/shoes with the orange shirt/pants? Are there do's and don'ts for golf fashion? Or is it just strictly up to the person?

Sound off.

When I read the post, I thought about my sister - an artist/graphic designer by training. She always tells me I can't wear a warm black with a cool black (ie a black shirt with a black sweater, but that don't have the same undertones). I never even realized Ricky's hat was a different color and we carry that hat so when he plays I totally pay attention! I guess I'm not very color aware (although I do see it now that you point it out). & I'd probably still be caught wearing a blue black with a black black and not even realize it.

Oh and +1 that it's up the person's style.

I think in this example,the full out orange has become Rickie's identity and has gotten people talking for better or for worse, and he cannot go back now. If it were me, I would need to break up the orange with white belt, shoes and hat. I know Rickie has white shoes and hat with orange accents that would work well.

With that being said... I would wear a kilt on Sunday if I thought it made me play better and I had a chance to win a million dollars.

Hell if I made it to the tour I'd wear a kilt every day.

Dent... not the color combo I would have went with but it looks very well put together and works... whoever is behind you is a different story.

Gotta love the cargo shorts and untucked polo just so I get past dress code outfit!

I like it Dent....

This is an excellent golf outfit.

_2005_02february_17_scans_12cnataliegulbis.jpg

I have that same outfit scripted for the outing

I hope it comes with the pictured golfer. Not sure it would look the same on you. Just sayin..

This is an excellent golf outfit.

_2005_02february_17_scans_12cnataliegulbis.jpg

Is that a Gap baby tee? See, her shirt isn't tucked in but it still looks good.

In all seriousness Jeans are big faux pas for me.

For the life of me... I dont know why someone would play golf in jeans... Uncomfortable and borderline offensive! Just my 2 cents.

For me, it my outfit must be comfortable. Nothing worse than wearing something uncomfortable for the best part of 4hours.

Colour really isn't that big of an issue for me. I'm usually in either black or white trousers, and with those two colours, any colour shirt is good.

Back