Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I skimmed that one up pretty good. My bad JB.

M3 to M4?

I use the M3 as my 200 yard club. I hit the M4 for 185. I have gone long quite a bit with both. Still dialing in the distances on the M3 and using that one as my measuring stick for how I will set the bag.

I'm using the M3 as my building block as well. I really appreciate the input and it helps a great deal. I know I should probably just go with 3 hybrids but I'm only thinking one extra is feasible to buy right now.

I'm finding I have a really good dispersion, then all of a sudden Ill blast one a lot further than my others, which seems almost to your point about going long on some shots. I don't mind it because it's usually off the tee. Haven't flown a green yet when using the Mashie to reach one.

I've never had a club perform this well for me and it's certainly a new idea in my world to base my bag off of it. But right now with how much I love this club, I don't see any other way. I was in better spots than I should have been most of the round and it allowed me to take the driver (which was costing me huge) out of the equation without having a tough route to the hole. I'm still writing up my thoughts on the Mashie from that round and Ill have more on that later.

I use the M3 as my 200 yard club. I hit the M4 for 185. I have gone long quite a bit with both. Still dialing in the distances on the M3 and using that one as my measuring stick for how I will set the bag.

now that is serious Mashie love!
I have ordered a Mashie 3, 4, & 5 so I will let you know what I think when I get them. I've only tested the Mashie 3 so I'm also anxious to try out the 4 and 5. I keep watching for the truck to pull into my driveway! Can't wait to get these!

now that is serious Mashie love!

Yep, my irons start with a 6 iron and I had room in my bag for them, so I went for it! No need to choke up or take half swings with all my gaps filled. I just don't know what I'm going to do with all my Daphne's headcovers now since I love the Mashie headcovers so much. :D

I like this thinking....
Yep, my irons start with a 6 iron and I had room in my bag for them, so I went for it! No need to choke up or take half swings with all my gaps filled. I just don't know what I'm going to do with all my Daphne's headcovers now since I love the Mashie headcovers so much. :D

That is my plan Yoccos. I have pre-order the M1 from Blind9 and I will let everybody know how it hits after I get it in next week.

I am headed to the range with the Mashie today. I will let everybody know how the session goes later on tonight.

Sorry guys I did not make it out to the range yesterday. I had a meeting that ran way long! I plan on getting out to the course this weekend so I will let you know how the testing goes then.

Same here....figured I'd start with that and then figur out what my distance is with it before I decide to go with either the M4 or M2. Heck I may even drop the 5i a la Kellybo and run with M2, M3, M4 as well
I'm using the M3 as my building block as well. I really appreciate the input and it helps a great deal. I know I should probably just go with 3 hybrids but I'm only thinking one extra is feasible to buy right now.

I'm finding I have a really good dispersion, then all of a sudden Ill blast one a lot further than my others, which seems almost to your point about going long on some shots. I don't mind it because it's usually off the tee. Haven't flown a green yet when using the Mashie to reach one.

I've never had a club perform this well for me and it's certainly a new idea in my world to base my bag off of it. But right now with how much I love this club, I don't see any other way. I was in better spots than I should have been most of the round and it allowed me to take the driver (which was costing me huge) out of the equation without having a tough route to the hole. I'm still writing up my thoughts on the Mashie from that round and Ill have more on that later.

Sorry guys I did not make it out to the range yesterday. I had a meeting that ran way long! I plan on getting out to the course this weekend so I will let you know how the testing goes then.

:stickbeat:

Same here....figured I'd start with that and then figur out what my distance is with it before I decide to go with either the M4 or M2. Heck I may even drop the 5i a la Kellybo and run with M2, M3, M4 as well

I am at the point that I am going to add either a M1 or M5. Just depends how well I hit them, then I will figure which will be used more.

see I went M4 because I still like my Adams 3 hybrid. Though if this club is head and shoulders above it I will probably throw in the M3.

I know, if it wasn't with my principal and superintendent I would have slide out early. Not a good thing to do why they are having massive budget cuts for teachers in N.C.

I'm basing my hybrid setup off the M2 I have coming. Once I see the yardages I am getting from it, I am either going to get an M4 or an M3 with a 3 wood, or if I really like the distance I am getting with the M2, I might go with M3 and M4 no 3 wood. We will see. Looking forward to your update today Yoccos.

This is the same type of decision I'm faced with! I'm thinking M1 to throw out the 3w.

I agree. That's the hardest part because Ir eally want to order through Blind9 with the discount.

I am at the point that I am going to add either a M1 or M5. Just depends how well I hit them, then I will figure which will be used more.

You will Ddec lol.
see I went M4 because I still like my Adams 3 hybrid. Though if this club is head and shoulders above it I will probably throw in the M3.

Hahaha. It happens man, I'm excited to see how it works out for you. This club truly is special in the way that it performs.
I know, if it wasn't with my principal and superintendent I would have slide out early. Not a good thing to do why they are having massive budget cuts for teachers in N.C.

ideally I'd like to try and put a cut down 3w in the bag as well...the Mashie can't arrive soon enough as it's kind of the key to how the top of my bag shakes out for 2011
I'm basing my hybrid setup off the M2 I have coming. Once I see the yardages I am getting from it, I am either going to get an M4 or an M3 with a 3 wood, or if I really like the distance I am getting with the M2, I might go with M3 and M4 no 3 wood. We will see. Looking forward to your update today Yoccos.

WR - How does the mashie compare to your superlaunch hybrid?

ideally I'd like to try and put a cut down 3w in the bag as well...the Mashie can't arrive soon enough as it's kind of the key to how the top of my bag shakes out for 2011

I would like to try a cut down 3 wood as well, but in my experience I hit hybrids a lot better than I hit woods, but with the M1 not being an option for lefties I think it still might find a place in my bag.

Has anyone played the M2 and M4? It doesn't seem like it- I was just curious how big that gap is going to be...

see post #1500 Skim Shady Jr.....
Has anyone played the M2 and M4? It doesn't seem like it- I was just curious how big that gap is going to be...

WR - How does the mashie compare to your superlaunch hybrid?

I am very interested in this as well ddec0418 but have only have had range time with them both so far. Mashie seems to create a higher ball fight. I will be playing a nice challanging course Saturday when I expect to use both clubs alot. I will get you a more complete answer Sat. evening. I am actually considering putting the same Miyazaki shaft in the TM club to see what happens. I recall JB mentioned somewhere they were on sale or at a low price.

see post #1500 Skim Shady Jr.....

Well then...

JB!
I am planning on going 5 iron, 4M, 2M, 3W. Is the gap between the 2 and 4 going to be insurmountable?
I currently play my 4h to 190 and my 3h to 210. I thought that people were getting better distances with the Mashie.
I was afraid that going 3M to 3W would leave me too much of a gap.

Well then...

JB!
I am planning on going 5 iron, 4M, 2M, 3W. Is the gap between the 2 and 4 going to be insurmountable?
I currently play my 4h to 190 and my 3h to 210. I thought that people were getting better distances with the Mashie.
I was afraid that going 3M to 3W would leave me too much of a gap.

I dont know, its different for everybody I think. Your setup you have right there is one I have considered a lot. It will really come down to how well I hit the M1 on what I put in the bag. I know that I can layoff them and bring the distances down like I have in the past for my hybrids. I am getting a good 5-8 yard distance increase in this over my previous hybrid though.

Has anyone done a side by side with the Mashie vs Rescue 11?

Oh Yes. Good news today, first I find another retailer in the UK selling the Mashie at £100 instead of the £130 that I paid, so I phoned to cancel my original order and the retailer told me he would match the price and refund me £30 good result. Then in the afternoon I receive the despatch confirmation of my M3 with 83g shaft and it's going to be delivered tomorrow. So my plan is wait for the club to be delivered then put it in my bag and then go to the golf club. I can't wait for that post van to come round my road. Hope the weather is good as it's raining today. I will post my first impressions when I've tried it out.

Has anyone done a side by side with the Mashie vs Rescue 11?

Yup. Played them side by side for a few rounds now. In my opinion its not even close. I like the Rescue 11 quite a bit, but dont care for the shaft as much and much prefer the feel of the Mashie.

Back