Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I was just reading around the web about this and it seems the issue is the threads are aluminum while the screw is titanium? Then when the screw is screwed in just a little off the threads are done. I did notice on one of the 910 heads it had a huge warning about the screw and stripping the threads out. If I remember it says to not unscrew the head all the way. So how in the hell do you change shafts and not have to worry about ruining the head?

And isnt this the way the R9 family of drivers and adapters do it too? Just asking as Im not sure.

Thanks. This is almost EXACTLY what we are hearing.

Curious, how often would someone realistically play with their set up? Once you've got it dialed in, wouldn't it just stay there?
It's not like you would modify it for each individual hole/course would you?

Curious, how often would someone realistically play with their set up? Once you've got it dialed in, wouldn't it just stay there?

Probably not. Set it and forget it. Not sure if this is happening at the shops more or for actual consumers. I can see this happening at the golf stores with people man handling them and just being ignorant.

Probably not. Set it and forget it. Not sure if this is happening at the shops more or for actual consumers. I can see this happening at the golf stores with people man handling them and just being ignorant.

Out of the 23 emails we have received 14 are from "sellers" and 9 are from consumers. I have not dealt with it enough to know, so I wanted to check.

Out of the 23 emails we have received 14 are from "sellers" and 9 are from consumers. I have not dealt with it enough to know, so I wanted to check.

Very interesting to say the least. And could this be devastating to an already struggling company? Tons of stripped driver, FW's and hybrids? Not good at all.

Course maybe you would, I wouldn't but you could, as for per hole that is against the rules as you now have a different driver and "15" clubs.

Very interesting to say the least. And could this be devastating to an already struggling company? Tons of stripped driver, FW's and hybrids? Not good at all.

I dont think so. Its a solid piece of equipment.

I also dont think they are struggling as much as people think.

Course maybe you would, I wouldn't but you could, as for per hole that is against the rules as you now have a different driver and "15" clubs.

I never thought of that, I just pictured some boffin in a white coat speaking with adenoids saying "Ohhh we have a hook left so i'm going to dial it into the new setting and swing weight"

I dont think so. Its a solid piece of equipment.

I also dont think they are struggling as much as people think.

So maybe this is more of a case of user error more then anything else.

So maybe this is more of a case of user error more then anything else.

Maybe. Not sure. It would be odd that so many are struggling, but ya never know.

Maybe. Not sure. It would be odd that so many are struggling, but ya never know.

True, but out of every consumer there is going to be someone with some problems, or someone who screwed up, It is expected.

True, but out of every consumer there is going to be someone with some problems, or someone who screwed up, It is expected.

Indeed, some people should NOT touch tools or anything remotely mechanical.

Indeed, some people should NOT touch tools or anything remotely mechanical.

Could not agree more. Some people should not handle tools whatsoever. I guess the manufacturers are going to have to make this stuff idiot proof.

Could not agree more. Some people should not handle tools whatsoever. I guess the manufacturers are going to have to make this stuff idiot proof.

Welcome Srixon Z-Star....

Welcome Srixon Z-Star....

When something becomes idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot.

On a related comment, i did hear that Titleist was urging people to NOT tinker with the 910 themselves. Only to have the proshop set it up and then basically throw the wrench in the bottom of your bag in case something comes off.

On a related comment, i did hear that Titleist was urging people to NOT tinker with the 910 themselves. Only to have the proshop set it up and then basically throw the wrench in the bottom of your bag in case something comes off.

This is crazy! If that is the case, dont make an adjustable driver, just make drivers come with fittings.

hahahaha...thats hilarious!! What the hell is the point of it then? Titleist needs to suck up their pride a bit I guess.

hahahaha...thats hilarious!! What the hell is the point of it then? Titleist needs to suck up their pride a bit I guess.

I really wish I could remember the source of that comment. I found it very strange as well when I read it.

I've been looking for the last 10 minutes and I can't find it, so maybe disregard my comment. I don't want to create rumours that falsify things.

It's smack in the fitting videos from Titleist Ratfink. There's literally a point where they say go to a fitter, get it set up then never touch it again. Made sense to me but I don't like to tinker once something is set up.

It's smack in the fitting videos from Titleist Ratfink. There's literally a point where they say go to a fitter, get it set up then never touch it again. Made sense to me but I don't like to tinker once something is set up.

Oh good, thank you for proving I"m not as crazy as I think I am.

Of course it makes sense, but the whole point of consumer adjustability makes no sense. It is done because consumers did not want to get fittings evidently so let them fit themselves. Why have adjustability is my question? They already had this in some heads in fitters carts (acushnet).

Of course it makes sense, but the whole point of consumer adjustability makes no sense. It is done because consumers did not want to get fittings evidently so let them fit themselves. Why have adjustability is my question? They already had this in some heads in fitters carts (acushnet).

Because people don't get fit (obviously you know the answer) I think people in general are impatient and want their new club NOW! With adjustibility they can buy their new club off the shelf and play it that day, and feel like they were fit for the equipment.

Because people don't get fit (obviously you know the answer) I think people in general are impatient and want their new club NOW! With adjustibility they can buy their new club off the shelf and play it that day, and feel like they were fit for the equipment.

Okay, maybe the better question is why supply a wrench then?

What about the poor saps who screw it up and then blame the club and slander Titleist for making a product that doesn't work?

I have read on other forums about this problem, its not just people that dont know what they are doing. I have never had 1 problem with any of my TM adjustable clubs and have had about 7 in total. A guy we play with went from his Supertri to the 910 and stripped it in the first week he had it, and yes he knows what he's doing.

Back