Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

What about the poor saps who screw it up and then blame the club and slander Titleist for making a product that doesn't work?

I think you pinned it right there! Not only just refering to the Titleist driver, but anything thing consumer related!

Of course it makes sense, but the whole point of consumer adjustability makes no sense. It is done because consumers did not want to get fittings evidently so let them fit themselves. Why have adjustability is my question? They already had this in some heads in fitters carts (acushnet).

If it was a perfect universe they would do that because they would have to made less drivers overall and thus lower the cost to the consumer. Assuming making 2 heads that can be changed instead of 8 heads that can't be altered they could give sell at a lower price point. Fantasy I know but imagine if the 910 came at a $369 price point instead of $449 (canadian funds). That would certainly be a way to get a leg up on TM/Callaway.

If it was a perfect universe they would do that because they would have to made less drivers overall and thus lower the cost to the consumer. Assuming making 2 heads that can be changed instead of 8 heads that can't be altered they could give sell at a lower price point. Fantasy I know but imagine if the 910 came at a $369 price point instead of $449 (canadian funds). That would certainly be a way to get a leg up on TM/Callaway.

You forget Titleist's premium pricing strategy though.

You really believe that savings would have come back to the consumer? Not me, but its a nice thought.

I just dont understand it. Marketing it as adjustable, and it is, but the company does not recommend adjusting it. I did not have a problem with the screws, but apparently it is a pretty wide spread issue right now. I have not heard of it happening to other brands (although I am sure it has). Something just does not sit right with this one for me. I love the tech behind it, but if it does not work properly (in all facets), that is a problem.

And for those that say "get it fit and dont adjust it"....Obviously that is ideal, but dont market it as a driver that consumers can adjust then.

You mean make it so that most everyone walks right by their stuff in the store? Indeed I did forget about that brilliant bit of kit...

You mean make it so that most everyone walks right by their stuff in the store? Indeed I did forget about that brilliant bit of kit...

Huh? That doesnt make sense in my opinion. Nobody is going to walk right by a Titleist driver.

I used to always walk right by Titleist till the 910 stuff came out. But if you tell me that I cant adjust my ADJUSTABLE driver after I buy it I'll had it back to you and go buy a Wilson. That just doesnt make any sense at all and seems like a cop out more then anything.

I wonder why their engineers opted for different metals. That to me is a strange play.

I wonder why their engineers opted for different metals. That to me is a strange play.

My guess would be weight. But I thought TM employed the same type of threads made from aluminum but Im not sure.

JB: No, I don't expect the consumer to see the difference in cost, it was just a pleasant though (even if it doesn't fit with the elite player marketing style).

I also believe that Kevin's reaction to the Titleist drivers seems to be fairly frequent. If someone isn't looking for it specificially or have it pointed out to them by sales staff or a friend I don't see many people picking one up to test it out. However I also don't think that most of Titleists sales (wild acusation, not facts coming) come from big box stores. I would guess that many of the sales come from local fitters/green grass instead. Such sales also makes more sense with the line of adjust the driver at the fitting and then don't touch it. Leading me straight back to the happy land where unicorns frolick, leprechauns had out gold pieces instead of having the IRS and Titleist drivers are cheaper.

I also believe that Kevin's reaction to the Titleist drivers seems to be fairly frequent. If someone isn't looking for it specificially or have it pointed out to them by sales staff or a friend I don't see many people picking one up to test it out. However I also don't think that most of Titleists sales (wild acusation, not facts coming) come from big box stores. I would guess that many of the sales come from local fitters/green grass instead. Such sales also makes more sense with the line of adjust the driver at the fitting and then don't touch it. Leading me straight back to the happy land where unicorns frolick, leprechauns had out gold pieces instead of having the IRS and Titleist drivers are cheaper.

You are absolutely correct that more of their sales happen at green grass. However that goes back to my original thought...Why are they offering an adjustable driver if they dont want consumers to adjust it? I think my answer may be none other than "others are doing it", but I dont want to accept it.

If most of the sales come from green grass (which is true) and you assume that many are done via fitting (also true) and you dont want consumers to adjust it (also true) and are having issues when they do (also true) then all of that adds up to DONT INCLUDE A WRENCH!

If most of the sales come from green grass (which is true) and you assume that many are done via fitting (also true) and you dont want consumers to adjust it (also true) and are having issues when they do (also true) then all of that adds up to DONT INCLUDE A WRENCH!

and end of debate

and end of debate

That would be no good for the bottom line.
Offer it as an EXTRA piece for another $50, and then say that "altering the settings given to you by the fitter could significantly reduce performance of your club [ie: head flies off]. Warranty will be void if tampering occurs"

I wonder if there will be this much crap hitting the fan if/when TaylorMade starts having similar problems.

That would be no good for the bottom line.
Offer it as an EXTRA piece for another $50, and then say that "altering the settings given to you by the fitter could significantly reduce performance of your club [ie: head flies off]. Warranty will be void if tampering occurs"

lol, i just dont get the point of them making a adjustable driver if they are telling you NOT to adjust it, just doesnt make sense to me. The whole point of it to me is being able to switch out shafts quick and easy and setting the club up how i want it, sure i could have it set at a fitter for the best results but what if i play one day and the wind is blowing 40mph so i want a lower ball flight, if adjusting it is going to screw it up they shouldnt of made a adjustable driver, i think they need to have everybody send them back and fix the problem but we know that will never happen lol

I wonder if there will be this much crap hitting the fan if/when TaylorMade starts having similar problems.

TM has never had this problem and they have had the same adjustable system out for years. The only time i have heard of anybody breaking or stripping a TM one is when they dont use the TM wrench and just use a torx wrench or whatever its called lol

TM has never had this problem and they have had the same adjustable system out for years. The only time i have heard of anybody breaking or stripping a TM one is when they dont use the TM wrench and just use a torx wrench or whatever its called lol

Yeah Ive never heard of it with TM clubs either.

I have never once had problems with Taylormades adjustable clubs like I have seen with the 910.

Yeah Ive never heard of it with TM clubs either.

dont get me wrong i like the 910 and think they are one heck of a club but i wish they would of taken a little more time and fixed this screw issue

I have never once had problems with Taylormades adjustable clubs like I have seen with the 910.

me either and ive had alot of them lol

dont get me wrong i like the 910 and think they are one heck of a club but i wish they would of taken a little more time and fixed this screw issue

They should issue a Toyota-like recall!

I couldn't tell you if TM has had problems or not, they make a solid stick. I'm just trying to fan the flames, LOL. :wtf:

I bet they would. IN fact I think it would be bigger.

I have not seen issues with it yet either.

I couldn't tell you if TM has had problems or not, they make a solid stick. I'm just trying to fan the flames, LOL. :wtf:

I asked the question because we were getting emails about it. It seems like a legitimate concern. Like I said, I did not have any issues, but over 20 emails in just a few days seems a little high.

Back