Need 3rd Course for Branson Missouri Trip

BigCov

Reaction score
Handicap
I am taking a trip to Branson with a few friends for a golf outing once everything warms and greens up. We have decided on Payne Stewart and Branson Creek for 2 of the courses. I need a third. I was looking at either Ledgestone or Murder Rock for the 3rd course. Has anyone played either of these or both and able to make a recommendation? Any other courses that you would recommend for the third? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :banana:

From what I hear you will love Ledgestone, but sadely I have not played that course.

I've played all of those you mentioned except Ledgestone, I simply ran out of time for that one. Many think Ledgestone is the second best course there, behind Branson Creek, but keep in mind there are many other courses within a couple hours that are very nice. Branson Creek is a very nice course to say the least, although I was a bit put off that they did not have a club house yet, lol. They are working out of a trailer, but all that is forgotten after once on a stunning hilly course in the beautiful ozarks. Very nice layout, I recommend you get the layout book unless you have the courses on GPS as there are several blind second shots, but that holds true for several of the courses there. A very tight course, take a couple extra balls, lol.

John Daly's Murder Rock is a tale of two courses, with 9 holes in the lowlands and 9 holes more in the moutains. This was a beautiful course, much more open than Branson Creek, but longer I think. Super nice club house and they took great care of me. I liked the course but it fell third behind Branson Creek and the next one I played, The Payne Stewart.

The Payne Stewart course was my second favorite as far as total package. Not as hard, IMHO, as the other two, but everything was set up beautifully except the driving range. It was nice as well, but seemed like it was almost a mile away from the #1 tee, lol. I'm sure in accuality it was closer to a half mile. This too was a tight course and if your shot missed the fairway it was likely gone, but the overall set up was very nice and nothing clicky. You didn't feel like they were throwing tricks at you like many courses do to make it tougher. The service here was supreme, to the point that the starter wears a complete knickers outfit and always looks very cool.

Below is a link to what people told me when I was asking the same questions. Hope it helps and let us know how the trip goes for you.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?5634-Branson-Mo.-What-s-a-good-course

From what I hear you will love Ledgestone, but sadely I have not played that course.

I've played all of those you mentioned except Ledgestone, I simply ran out of time for that one. Many think Ledgestone is the second best course there, behind Branson Creek, but keep in mind there are many other courses within a couple hours that are very nice. Branson Creek is a very nice course to say the least, although I was a bit put off that they did not have a club house yet, lol. They are working out of a trailer, but all that is forgotten after once on a stunning hilly course in the beautiful ozarks. Very nice layout, I recommend you get the layout book unless you have the courses on GPS as there are several blind second shots, but that holds true for several of the courses there. A very tight course, take a couple extra balls, lol.

John Daly's Murder Rock is a tale of two courses, with 9 holes in the lowlands and 9 holes more in the moutains. This was a beautiful course, much more open than Branson Creek, but longer I think. Super nice club house and they took great care of me. I liked the course but it fell third behind Branson Creek and the next one I played, The Payne Stewart.

The Payne Stewart course was my second favorite as far as total package. Not as hard, IMHO, as the other two, but everything was set up beautifully except the driving range. It was nice as well, but seemed like it was almost a mile away from the #1 tee, lol. I'm sure in accuality it was closer to a half mile. This too was a tight course and if your shot missed the fairway it was likely gone, but the overall set up was very nice and nothing clicky. You didn't feel like they were throwing tricks at you like many courses do to make it tougher. The service here was supreme, to the point that the starter wears a complete knickers outfit and always looks very cool.

Below is a link to what people told me when I was asking the same questions. Hope it helps and let us know how the trip goes for you.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?5634-Branson-Mo.-What-s-a-good-course

thanks man. I am still deciding, but i think it you are right. i think ledgestone will be the 3rd. Anyone else have anything to say I am still listening.

I've played Thousand Hills many times. My family had a condo on the course when I was younger. Not a bad course. Short but really, really narrow. I think the par is 63 or something close to that. They had to shove that course into a small area. I have also played Holiday Hills and Top of the Rock several times. Holiday Hills is an easy course that is pretty wide open. Top of the Rock is the par 3 course that Jack Nicklaus designed. That is a great par 3 course. If you don't mind playing a par 3, I would highly recommend it. I am going to Branson is two weeks and if I can I am going to play Murder Rock. I will let you know what I think of the course if I get to play.

I forgot about Top of the Rock. Great par 3, played it many times. Sweet view's and I think that's Jacks only par three course.

Back