Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

It's a read clean classic looking club. I just don't know how they are going try and promote this club over stuff like the R9.

Question for all of the 910 owners out there. Are you having issues with the screw? Does it look like it might be stripping? When it comes to adjustability, I often worry about this, but I know that others (Cobra & TM) use the same type of screw and wrench with a large amount of success (ie not failure). Normally I would write this stuff off as user error, but I have received 23 emails now in the last 4 days about screw issues in the 910.

Not having one on hand, my question for those that have one is are you seeing anything that could indicate this being an issue? Or are all of these people having a user error issue?

I personally think it's user error(until it happens to me of course). In order to configure this driver you don't have to take the head completely off. Just loosen it so that both rings will move. Once you have it configured carefully get the screw started and then tighten till you hear the click. I have had no problems.

so what happens if it gets stripped?

so what happens if it gets stripped?

The threads inside the head are what gets stripped and if that happens its done. As good as useless.

This is surely disappointing news as I have great interest in this driver. I hope for the people that have problems that Titleist takes care of them.

i am looking at mine and the first time i adjusted it i did so slowly and carefully with success. I have seen videos on youtube of guys adjusting these numerous times without any issues. I am thinking and hoping that this is a matter of consumers not being careful enough. There are plenty of warnings that come with the driver on the performance guide and the wrench. The guide says that after you have your desired setting to hit balls and observe flight. Then continue to adjust the settings as desired to acheive preferred ballflight. Cant find anywhere that it says to have a proshop do it and then never adjust again.It also says for easy adjustment DO NOT FULLY REMOVE the screw!:banghead:

Just proves there is really no such thing as "idiot proof"

I would have to agree. I went over mine yesterday, and really don't see how people can screw this up. (Pun intended.) People are probably in such a hurry and not careful and cross-thread it or force it, and then the damage is done. They are probably treating it like a lug nut.

You get your kids a " Happy Meal" that comes with a toy. The package on that toy says " Warning, small parts and pieces that are a choking hazard to children under 4". You proceed to give your 3 year old the toy after you open it and he begins choking on a small part that became dislodged after he chewed on it for 10 minutes. Not the manufactures fault. We have a HUGE responsibility when it comes to "our" children and we should certainly be paying attention when we spend $400 on a driver.

Good job ST. I was about to post that link myself.

B2 for me so far. Not done tinkering yet though. I hit the F and Fd again today and they are fantastic. The Fd is probably going in the bag as soon as I sell some stuff.

B2 for me so far. Not done tinkering yet though. I hit the F and Fd again today and they are fantastic. The Fd is probably going in the bag as soon as I sell some stuff.

I hit the F last weekend and really liked it too.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Kev I am thinking that with having the M2 in the bag I will not be hitting the fairway wood off the deck anymore. I will use it 90% from the tee box. The Fd is incredible off the tee. I fell in love today big time. I think I NEED to purchase this club

Kev I am thinking that with having the M2 in the bag I will not be hitting the fairway wood off the deck anymore. I will use it 90% from the tee box. The Fd is incredible off the tee. I fell in love today big time. I think I NEED to purchase this club

I think that is very solid thinking. I'm getting the M2 also so something for me to think about too.

I think that is very solid thinking. I'm getting the M2 also so something for me to think about too.

I love hearing this from people that will be hitting just about everything out there in just a few months on an actual range and course to determine what works best for their game.

And listening to OEM say "that is solid thinking" should sum it all up. Listening to OEM say he needs a new FW wood is near laughable isnt it? I mean he just switched and hit it better than I think we have ever seen someone hit one.

I'm going to hold off JB. I swear it

I guess you didnt get the memo...your not supposed to tinker with your adjustable driver! hahahahaha

I'm a careful tinkerer

I was very seriously considering returning my R11 for a 910D2.. but after reading the problems in this thread, I'm not so sure

I think as long as your not an idiot Trevor you should be fine! :D

Haha I mean I would hope so. I only plan on playing with it once to see what works for me. Then, in the future, I'd love to change again as my swing continually improves.

Few question:

Do you guys think the stock Kai'li shaft is good enough? Is the RIP better? (105 SS)
What do the loft adjustments do for spin? Does increasing the loft raise or lower spin?

Stock Kai'li is a very good shaft. I can't answer you on the spin question.

Back