hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
This may be a stupid question, but will a smaller driver head help me add distance? I'm currently using and R9 460, but it feels like i could get more distance than i am. I love my nike sq2 3 wood, my carry is around 220 off the tee. I only hit my driver between 225 and 230. This has been frustrating me since the summer. I get good distance on every club except my driver, and adding driving distance would really help. Would a driver with say a 440 cc head like the r11 or the titleist d3 help me add distance? The loss of forgiveness won't be a problem for me. Thanks

This may be a stupid question, but will a smaller driver head help me add distance? I'm currently using and R9 460, but it feels like i could get more distance than i am. I love my nike sq2 3 wood, my carry is around 220 off the tee. I only hit my driver between 225 and 230. This has been frustrating me since the summer. I get good distance on every club except my driver, and adding driving distance would really help. Would a driver with say a 440 cc head like the r11 or the titleist d3 help me add distance? The loss of forgiveness won't be a problem for me. Thanks

Not in my opinion, however it could, I just do not think for the reason you might think. It is all about getting proper launch conditions and numbers for your swing. My guess is that if your swing is consistent and you are not seeing the extra distance between lofts, then there are some numbers that are a little off. Launch, spin, etc...

Ok, thanks. I have hit on a launch monitor several times, but the guy at dicks didn't know a whole a lot. I'm not exactly sure what my numbers should be either (im only 16). I do know that i have very little side spin, i hit pretty straight.

Ok, thanks. I have hit on a launch monitor several times, but the guy at dicks didn't know a whole a lot. I'm not exactly sure what my numbers should be either (im only 16). I do know that i have very little side spin, i hit pretty straight.

I say go back into that monitor. Forget the guy at the store and write down all the numbers you see. Someone here will surely be kind of to help.

I say go back into that monitor. Forget the guy at the store and write down all the numbers you see. Someone here will surely be kind of to help.

i agree, thats a great idea.

ok, will do. Thanks.

Back