Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Ole Gray

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • KellyBo

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Johnday

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
First of all I want to thank Clay and John Day & Clay's Dad for a super fun round of golf! The company was awesome. I knew on the putting green when Clay & JD walked up, it was going to be fun day. Both guys have class and are very polite. The absolute model of an all American boy are what those guys are all about! Ok so let me tell ya about ole Clay! The young man has some serious game. He hits his driver as straight as a string and long! His irons are dead on the mark and his putter was boss today. He just flat out took it to us. I predict he will be the #1 player on his high school team very soon. He had a couple of really tough shots off around the green or he would have easily been in the mid 70's today. I hope some of you get to meet him & JD one day as you will not regret it. Now let me tell ya about JD. This young man is going to be rocking on the Varsity before long too! He hit several great iron shots that just made my mouth drop. His driver let him down a few times but when he had an open shot his irons were solid and crisp. Great iron player and pretty swing. I really came away impressed with these young guys as they are so impressive. I hope KellyBo and I can play with then again this summer!

KellyBo hit her driver as usual very long and straight. She nuked some drives today. Her irons were good but what got her was within 25 yds of the green and putting when on the green. Clay was right when he said we suffered some butt kicking on the greens and chipping today. Kelly & I have some serious work to do around the greens .

Clays Dad was such a pleasure to be around. I can see where Clay gets his manners and class from. His Dad was so thoughtful and helpful around the course today. I felt like I had known him for a long time. You know some folks you just bond with right from the start. Mr. Cribbs is that kind of man! Great guy who has a very SPECIAL son!

sounds like a fun round. Can't wait to see some pictures.

First of all I want to thank Clay and John Day & Clay's Dad for a super fun round of golf! The company was awesome. I knew on the putting green when Clay & JD walked up, it was going to be fun day. Both guys have class and are very polite. The absolute model of an all American boy are what those guys are all about! Ok so let me tell ya about ole Clay! The young man has some serious game. He hits his driver as straight as a string and long! His irons are dead on the mark and his putter was boss today. He just flat out took it to us. I predict he will be the #1 player on his high school team very soon. He had a couple of really tough shots off around the green or he would have easily been in the mid 70's today. I hope some of you get to meet him & JD one day as you will not regret it. Now let me tell ya about JD. This young man is going to be rocking on the Varsity before long too! He hit several great iron shots that just made my mouth drop. His driver let him down a few times but when he had an open shot his irons were solid and crisp. Great iron player and pretty swing. I really came away impressed with these young guys as they are so impressive. I hope KellyBo and I can play with then again this summer!

KellyBo hit her drivers as usual very long and straight. She nuked some drives today. Her irons were good but what got her was within 25 yds of the green and putting when on the green. Clay was right when he said we suffered some butt kicking on the greens and chipping today. Kelly & I have some serious work to do around the greens .

Clays Dad was such a pleasure to be around. I can see where Clay gets his manners and class from. His Dad was so thoughtful and helpful around the course today. I felt like I had know him for a long time. You know some folks you just bond with right from the start. Mr. Cribbs is that kind of man! Great guy who has a very SPECIAL son!

You don't know how much I smiled when I read this. Thanks so much to you guys for a great day of golf and your kind words. Now get them pictures up!

KellyBo hit her driver as usual very long and straight. She nuked some drives today. Her irons were good but what got her was within 25 yds of the green and putting when on the green. Clay was right when he said we suffered some butt kicking on the greens and chipping today. Kelly & I have some serious work to do around the greens .

Clays Dad was such a pleasure to be around. I can see where Clay gets his manners and class from. His Dad was so thoughtful and helpful around the course today. I felt like I had known him for a long time. You know some folks you just bond with right from the start. Mr. Cribbs is that kind of man! Great guy who has a very SPECIAL son!

Thanks gray! I had soooooo much fun today!!!!

It's only 479 even from the tips. It is a very sharp dogleg left.... almost a 90 degree one if you don't try to cut the corner. Aim over the trees on the left side and swing away!

http://willowlakegolfclub.com/hole_16.html

Oh the agony of defeat! Clay officially whupped all of our butts big time! He shot a 38 on the back. He has such an awesome game. It's hard to believe he is only 14 and playing this good already. He really needs to move back from the junior tees though (jk). The kid has a beautiful swing and a great short game to go with his long game. It should be fun following him on the high school team this year.

John has a great swing too. He's 13 and hasn't hit his growth spurt yet but can still knock the ball a mile. The first time he hit a drive, I was shocked that he could hit it so far. He hung in there well with everyone and played (without a skirt on) from the white tees. He'll be shooting low scores just like Clay before you know it!

I am back like Tiger Woods....NOT. I will say that I felt great hitting the ball off the tee and in the fairway but my short game fell apart today. Oh well, lots of time to work that out!

Clay's dad rode along with us today and is just a great guy. I can see where Clay gets his good manners from. The man was just so nice and enjoyed watching all of us even though he doesn't play. He was so proud of his son as he should be.

The staff of the Willow Lakes Golf Course were super. Their pro came out and visited with us for a little while. He's a great guy and was excited that we were talking about his course on THP. He said he would check it out. We loved the course and especially loved the hospitality. We will visit it again!

Thank you Clay and Ole Gray for keeping me from going in the pond head first today. I came SO CLOSE but when I yelled for help, they were close enough to save me. Just a bit wet and muddy but it could have been much worse. Oh did I mention that I lost a Bridgestone B330RX but found a brand new Titleist ProVIX in the pond as I was falling? I shot par on the last two holes with the Titleist. Ouch! I think it was just a coincidence because I loved that Bridgestone.

Keep your balls in your pockets!

Last edited:
The hilarious thing is that now both myself & my wife have falling into a pond within the past six months. The Aqua Man & Aqua Woman award goes to us hands down. I was trying to hit a ball half submerged on our #5 hole, loss my balance and went under with my Bubba Watson bucket cap floating. When I came back up it just plopped right back on my head. Now today my wife is desperate to get her new yellow Bridgestone RX out and falls in the pond :D. I think Bridgestone needs to send her another sleeve for her valiant effort!

Some nice looking golfers there! And some good looking swings too! Glad to hear you all had a good time!!

LOL at the last picture! Seemed like you got pictures of my worst shots of the day, the drive on 13, and the wedge shot 9! My luck. haha. If you could upload the vid of my swing on 11.

ps: it's one thing for the golf ball to go into the water, but to the best of my knowledge the player's are supposed to stay out of the water. :)

The hilarious thing is that now both myself & my wife have falling into a pond within the past six months. The Aqua Man & Aqua Woman award goes to us hands down. I was trying to hit a ball half submerged on our #5 hole, loss my balance and went under with my Bubba Watson bucket cap floating. When I came back up it just plopped right back on my head. Now today my wife is desperate to get her new yellow Bridgestone RX out and falls in the pond :D. I think Bridgestone needs to send her another sleeve for her valiant effort!

Look at my name on this post and look below it! hehehe

LOL at the last picture! Seemed like you got pictures of my worst shots of the day, the drive on 13, and the wedge shot 9! My luck. haha. If you could upload the vid of my swing on 11.

I was hoping for a pic of my shot out of the water. Hahahha

BTW, love the pic of me, JJ, and ole gray. idk what is up with my hand in that 2nd picture. haha

Look at my name on this post and look below it! hehehe

Clay -- That is TOO funny good buddy :laughing:... KellyBo looked so funny climbing out of the muddy water and shaking all the water off like a bird dog. She then sucked it up and parred the last two holes. Aqua Woman get's er done!

Thanks for sharing all the pics .
Looks like a good time had by all :D

Clay -- That is TOO funny good buddy :laughing:... KellyBo looked so funny climbing out of the muddy water and shaking all the water off like a bird dog. She then sucked it up and parred the last two holes. Aqua Woman get's er done!

She stuck it to us with that prov1! My favorite line from you all day was "that shot was more good better."

way to go Clay. Looks like everyone had a great time. I love threads like this on THP.

Great thread guys,Clay you called out when everyone was rooting for Kelly you would take everyone by surprise and you sure did! Nice score to boot as well, an 80 is very impressive!

Glad you all had fun and sorry to hear you got a lil muddy KB!

Back