AT&T Pebble Beach [Spoilers]

The funny part is that I'd say the exact opposite about Ogilvy. His driving accuracy is not all that great, and the memory I'll always have of him from his US Open win is chipping in on the 71st hole, then getting up and down for par on the 72nd hole. I guess people can differ in their opinions. Another guy that easily comes to mind is another Sean Foley disciple, Sean O'Hair.

So I guess we could now say that for every person Sean Foley right? hehe

I'm betting that this tournament gets more airtime on Sportscenter and other media outlets because Bill Murray is going to win the pro-am portion of the tournament, no matter whether Points or Marino wins the tournament.

So I guess we could now say that for every person Sean Foley right? hehe

Very funny, I just tweeted something to that effect to Shane Bacon! It's an entirely different thread....but it was interesting that Tiger talked about having to apply Foley's teaching to his short game shots, even the putter. It's not an encouraging thing for Tiger fans like myself.

I hope Marino was off the green before he spat/spitted(?). Whats with all the spitting lately? Sheesh its like the whole world has a cold.

And after that tee shot by Marino, congrats to DA points on his first PGA tour win.

First week of fantasy and I'm 106 out of 124. Not a good start.

Dorky golf style post of the day: I think Bill Murray is wearing the brown version of the new Ecco Biom shoes. I saw him and someone else (Tom Dreesen, I think) wearing the white version yesterday. I'm guessing Ecco gave all of the amateurs those shoes in their gift bags this week.

Dorky golf style post of the day: I think Bill Murray is wearing the brown version of the new Ecco Biom shoes. I saw him and someone else (Tom Dreesen, I think) wearing the white version yesterday. I'm guessing Ecco gave all of the amateurs those shoes in their gift bags this week.

They gave them a choice of a few different options depending on fit. Our review of those is coming up this week.

All this Bill Murray just bothers me. Really makes me think about not watching next year and I cant wait for the next tournament. This ones been reduced to a Bill Murray joke.

They gave them a choice of a few different options depending on fit. Our review of those is coming up this week.

Of course you would know all of that! Thought I had a little scoop on you!

Wow then he pulls in into the water, Marino's crumble under pressure.

Of course you would know all of that! Thought I had a little scoop on you!

It helps when the company emails you 9 times last week to tell you about it...hehe

All this Bill Murray just bothers me. Really makes me think about not watching next year and I cant wait for the next tournament. This ones been reduced to a Bill Murray joke.

It's only one tournament a year, and he's played in this tournament for years and now actually wins the amateur part of it. Plus, Murray was in quite possibly the most popular golf movie ever, and you can tell that he really enjoys the game. Murray winning his part of it brings more attention to the game and this tournament. What's not to like about it?

Good win D.A. Points! Steve Marino is leaking more oil than a 74 Chevy Nova right now, WOW!

It's only one tournament a year, and he's played in this tournament for years and now actually wins the amateur part of it. Plus, Murray was in quite possibly the most popular golf movie ever, and you can tell that he really enjoys the game. Murray winning his part of it brings more attention to the game and this tournament. What's not to like about it?

I understand all that and good for him but I hate it. I cant stand all the other stuff that goes on during what should be a great tournament. Its everything but golf sometimes. Just my opinion bro. The broadcast is terrible and hard to stomach.

I understand all that and good for him but I hate it. I cant stand all the other stuff that goes on during what should be a great tournament. Its everything but golf sometimes. Just my opinion bro. The broadcast is terrible and hard to stomach.
I will agree with this but I don't think it's because of Bill Murray or any of the other celebs. It was terrible with a commercial after every single shot, what the hell? That sucked.

Had he been in the lead going into that hole he might have made a 12, talk about a choke job. That sucks and was tough to watch, I feel bad for him.

I feel really bad for him. I really wanted to see him get the win but he just seems to buckle under the pressure. Along with losing the tourney he went from potentially winning $1.1 million to taking home $277K. From that last hole alone he went from over $500K to the $277 mark. That's crazy to me.

Looks like 35th place for the week for me, and 11th place overall. I don't think it's official yet though. Would be nice to score a top ten before long though!

I feel really bad for him. I really wanted to see him get the win but he just seems to buckle under the pressure. Along with losing the tourney he went from potentially winning $1.1 million to taking home $277K. From that last hole alone he went from over $500K to the $277 mark. That's crazy to me.

What also stinks for him is that if he had finished in second place, according to Doug Ferguson of the AP, he would have gotten into the Match Play tournament in a couple of weeks, which equals a guaranteed payday and more world ranking points. Now, I'm pretty sure he won't be in that field. When it rains, it pours.

Hmmm.. tried to stay awake for the last few holes but I fell asleep. Congrats to D.A points but for sure not a way I want to see a tournament finish...

Back