The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JB Special - Patent Pending...hehe

1.5 oz of Double Espresso Vodka
1 oz of Chocolate Vodka
2 oz of Godiva White Liquor
.5 oz of cream (optional)

Pour ingredients over crushed ice and stir well.

Holy CRAP YOU STOLE MY RECIPE!!! I was a bar manager for 6 years putting myself through university and I put that drink on the menu about 6 years ago and it is still there on the menu because it is so popular. Been to Victoria lately? I will take a pic of the menu and post it here.

Split up evenly? about an OZ of each?

The official recipe calls for 5 parts Vodka, 2 parts cream, and 2 parts Kahlua. So 3 shots Vodka, and a little over a shot each of cream and Kahlua.

Doesn't the JB special look nice on the side of a rental car?

Kevin

The JB Special - Patent Pending...hehe

1.5 oz of Double Espresso Vodka
1 oz of Chocolate Vodka
2 oz of Godiva White Liquor
.5 oz of cream (optional)

Pour ingredients over crushed ice and stir well.

Holy :deadhorse: Thats like 3 shots in one drink.. 3-4 of those and i'd seriously have myself convinced I'm Tiger Woods

Dent if you have Blueberry vodka in the house, mix that with some club soda and a wedge of lime, and you have a refreshing delicious drink that will sit you on your behind. Be careful about flavored vodkas though, not all are created equal, stay away from Smirnoff, and stick to Van Gogh.

That's a dicey one breeze, call me wuss but I just hate the burn in the stomach with vodka, not to mention the taste. I will give this one a try though.

Holy :deadhorse: Thats like 3 shots in one drink.. 3-4 of those and i'd seriously have myself convinced I'm Tiger Woods

That's a dicey one breeze, call me wuss but I just hate the burn in the stomach with vodka, not to mention the taste. I will give this one a try though.

You sir are drinking the wrong vodka :D

The official recipe calls for 5 parts Vodka, 2 parts cream, and 2 parts Kahlua. So 3 shots Vodka, and a little over a shot each of cream and Kahlua.

Doesn't the JB special look nice on the side of a rental car?

Kevin

Some people just can't handle a THP outing. hehe

Its a smooth drink.

All this talk makes me want a Long Island.

Its a smooth drink.

That's the thing about a White Russian style drink. In my case I'd have one or maybe two, then it would become a glass of Vodka with a splash of cream and Kahlua. A little seltzer in a White Russian is good, too.

Of course, I was big fan of the martini, too. We have a steak house here that is part of a fabulous family restaurant group. They ask you if you want the large or small. I love them with anchovy olives. The large comes in a 10 oz. martini glass. That's a big martini.

Kevin

What do you recommend? I haven't had it in such a long time because of that.

That's all that matters to me, I love a smooth drink. Thanks for the recipe JB!

The best lower priced vodkas are #1 Finlandia #2 Wyborowa. If you want to go high end there are a lot of good choices but as you can tell I am very partial to Van Gogh.

That's the thing about a White Russian style drink. In my case I'd have one or maybe two, then it would become a glass of Vodka with a splash of cream and Kahlua. A little seltzer in a White Russian is good, too.

Of course, I was big fan of the martini, too. We have a steak house here that is part of a fabulous family restaurant group. They ask you if you want the large or small. I love them with anchovy olives. The large comes in a 10 oz. martini glass. That's a big martini.

Kevin

That is a big martini. The JB Special is meant for people that like a smooth drink that will cure what ails you. It will make the good looking, supermodels, and the bad looking...well supermodels also. It will make a grown man laugh and it will make a grown man cry. It will keep you up partying, and will also cure even the worst insomnia.

The best lower priced vodkas are #1 Finlandia #2 Wyborowa. If you want to go high end there are a lot of good choices but as you can tell I am very partial to Van Gogh.

Thanks for the tip breeze. I'm pretty anxious to try the JB Special and the White russian though.

I've always been partial to Absolute, though I've destroyed many a Finlandia, too. Absolute has just the right sting to it, and is great with oysters. Of course, I haven't consumed much vodka over the last few years, and the Vodka market has exploded.

Kevin

That is a big martini. The JB Special is meant for people that like a smooth drink that will cure what ails you. It will make the good looking, supermodels, and the bad looking...well supermodels also. It will make a grown man laugh and it will make a grown man cry. It will keep you up partying, and will also cure even the worst insomnia.

It sounds fantastic, I'll give you that.

Kevin

I've always been partial to Absolute, though I've destroyed many a Finlandia, too. Absolute has just the right sting to it, and is great with oysters. Of course, I haven't consumed much vodka over the last few years, and the Vodka market has exploded.

Kevin

There is nothing wrong with Absolute at all, although their flavored vodkas are pretty bad, I just think for bang for the buck you cannot beat Finlandia. If I go to a restaurant and they tell me Finlandia is the bar vodka then I know I'm in for a good night, if they to charge me premium for it, I start regretting the restaurant choice.

I drank a lot of Vodka, but in reality, for me, any night of drinking almost always led back to Canadian Club.

Kevin

I drank a lot of Vodka, but in reality, for me, any night of drinking almost always led back to Canadian Club.

Kevin

Alright well now you just buttering the Canadian up. :D I found in my drinking days all nights ended up with the Captain!

Alright well now you just buttering the Canadian up. :D I found in my drinking days all nights ended up with the Captain!

Captain is a love-hate thing for me. I am not a fan of hard liquor at all but one night I remember drinking a ton of it, then a couple nights later I was trying to drink it and couldn't even finish a glass.

Captain is a love-hate thing for me. I am not a fan of hard liquor at all but one night I remember drinking a ton of it, then a couple nights later I was trying to drink it and couldn't even finish a glass.

I've gone back to the Captain again and again and.... now however he has been replaced by Sailor Jerrys spiced rum, better taste, and 5% more of the good stuff. Mixes with everything just like the Captain, good straight up or shooting (if its one of those nights) and is about the same price. Oh and there are sexy ladies on the inside of the front label when you look from the back.

I remember when I drank Rum. A few months later I graduated from high school. Not my flavor. I prefer whiskey over rum. And somehow, I have gotten a taste for Scotch.

At all costs I like to avoid all of those, maybe I'm making the drinks wrong but I hate the taste. I wish I could like it though because beer isn't doin it for me anymore.

I remember when I drank Rum. A few months later I graduated from high school. Not my flavor. I prefer whiskey over rum. And somehow, I have gotten a tast for Scotch.

Different strokes for different folks. Theres a lot of Whiskeys here and I'm not a huge fan, rum is probably my favorite spirit.

Different strokes for different folks. Theres a lot of Whiskeys here and I'm not a huge fan, rum is probably my favorite spirit.

As long as there is something to drown the pain of a bad round of golf.

At all costs I like to avoid all of those, maybe I'm making the drinks wrong but I hate the taste. I wish I could like it though because beer isn't doin it for me anymore.

Dent, no need to force yourself to like liquor if you don't. No reason at all.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back