The Compression Board

BlueTitan

Reaction score
I've been looking for something to help me improve my ball striking and found this. If anyone has tried it or perhaps knows of a reliable review of it please let me know. Thanks.

www.compressionboard.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed in another thread that a comment was posted about this product , how about sending THP a few of these and then they can divvy them out to members to give them a test and evaluation ? ( if they have not already )
JB & GG gets products into members hands for unbiased testing and has done an outstanding job in this area .
I know with the cold weather coming close to an end and cabin fever getting the best of us , and with rusty swings coming out of hibernation , it may be a perfect thing to test to get the cobwebs blown off .
Just a thought .

I was just surprised that a company decided to come on to a forum, go into another training aid thread and say "looks like this one" and post the link to their site. No mention that "I work for a company that has a similar product" or anything of the sort.

I seen that last night and my thoughts were to let the person who posted that save face with letting THP have a go with his product . :D
And I might add , my intentions were not to make anyone mad or anything , just thought it was a better way of getting their product in THP and their members hands .

I seen that last night and my thoughts were to let the person who posted that save face with letting THP have a go with his product . :D
And I might add , my intentions were not to make anyone mad or anything , just thought it was a better way of getting their product in THP and their members hands .

I agree with you completely.

Thanks for the heads up guys - I'd be willing to send some to THP to try out.

Thanks for the heads up guys - I'd be willing to send some to THP to try out.

Wonderful & Thank You !!!! See how easy that was :D

this looks interesting. i like the instant feedback and that it is easy to take to the range. didnt see the cost though. How much is it?

edit: found price $49.99 seems a bit steep

this looks interesting. i like the instant feedback and that it is easy to take to the range. didnt see the cost though. How much is it?

Looks like $49.99

I think I saw $49.99

This looks like an interesting product. Can't wait till the THP testers give it a whirl.

Me too, I watched their video on the product and I like the idea.

Looking forward to hearing more about this one. Looks interesting.

I could see a couple of issues with this product. The first being: it looks like a good idea but to a golfer who is just learning the game I think it would cause them to swing way too steep into the ball causing other swing issues. The second: I would feel uncomfortable swinging my clubs near a solid object on the ground. I think you could just put a small hand towel behind the ball and on each side and achieve the same results and save your $50. I could be wrong, but that is just my thoughts. Interested to see what people think of it after testing.

Tbox - just to answer a few questions you raised (I designed the C Board): One of the first things beginners need to learn is to make contact with the ball first. We have yet to see a golfer come in too steep (intuitively we know we can't expect the ball to go anywhere if we swing the club like a hammer. As you progress trough the levels you continue to learn how to make ball first contact and more consistently as well. Having a towel on the ground would be great too except you miss the auditory feedback the board makes. Also, we improve by challenging ourselves to do better - the CB allows you to track your progress so you can see the results.

As for the solid object - it won't cause any damage to your clubs. It's the same material lie boards are made of - the board is made to be hit! If you don't hit it from time to time you probably aren't going to improve.

In the end it's a learning tool and all training aids should be treated as such.

I'm not trying to downgrade the tool. It's a great concept. I agree that solid contact is important. However, I was watching the you tube video and could imagine some people I know using it and on the downswing leaning forward too much to avoid the board causing them to "smother" the ball. I will say that I have never used one and my comments may be a little premature. If I ever get the opportunity, I will try one and prolly be proven wrong. That's how it usually works anyways.

That combined with a Tour Striker would make a heckuva combination!

Glad to see a THP review of this is around the corner! :golf:

I'd be happy to test. :)

I will follow this thread to see what a fellow THPer has to say. I agree with cbalf that the auditory feedback and ability to track your progress as you move the ball closer to the CB are the main things to aid in getting the compression on the ball we all desire.

Back