Tiger To Be Fined for Spitting

Just what I was thinking. They should ban em for a period of time and maybe these guys would learn how to act on the course.

i dont condone spitting on a green - but come on? banned? little harsh dont you think...

...nothing nastier in my opinion than your ball rolling through spit!

Canadian Geese droppings are far worse, and more common around here.

I love it. Fined for spitting. He will probably pay the fine with "straight cash homie." How about they make him give back his appearence fee.

Also, the ranting about being banned, over the top. Spitting on the green is no less offensive than throwing clubs or swearing. I have no problem if he does either of those. I like when I see him show some emotion, at least he still cares.

Really, everyone here makes it seem like its SOOOO Gross that he spit on the green. I have seen many people spit on the green, nowhere near the hole and I have never thought anthing about it. Sunflower seeds I understand are annoying, but only because they will affect the roll of the ball. But come on guys, spit, cigar ash...its stuff that you never notice not is going to affect you.

i dont condone spitting on a green - but come on? banned? little harsh dont you think...

Since he said for a time, I'm asuming he means a suspension, not a ban.

Still harsh and over the top.

Perhaps, but would it really have been so damn hard to walk to the edge of the green and spit into the rough?

Really, everyone here makes it seem like its SOOOO Gross that he spit on the green. I have seen many people spit on the green, nowhere near the hole and I have never thought anthing about it. Sunflower seeds I understand are annoying, but only because they will affect the roll of the ball. But come on guys, spit, cigar ash...its stuff that you never notice not is going to affect you.

I do think spitting is a disgusting habit but necessary at times, if you have flem(sp?) in your chest or getting over a cold. I dont think the average joe would really be affected by it but on that level they might care more, the smallest thing will have some kind of effect on the ball and that could be the loss of thousands of dollars. A big loogie(sp?) would definitely effect the ball....I would hate to have to touch that ball.

Perhaps, but would it really have been so damn hard to walk to the edge of the green and spit into the rough?

It wouldn't be any harder than literally slapping his wrist and moving on.

Canadian Geese droppings are far worse, and more common around here.

Particularly the geese that seem to have stomach viruses

I do think spitting is a disgusting habit but necessary at times, if you have flem(sp?) in your chest or getting over a cold. I dont think the average joe would really be affected by it but on that level they might care more, the smallest thing will have some kind of effect on the ball and that could be the loss of thousands of dollars. A big loogie(sp?) would definitely effect the ball....I would hate to have to touch that ball.

I completely agree about some of the nastier aspects, but just a normal spit isnt going to do anything but soak right in and dry out in no time. I am not saying what tiger did is right, I am just laughing that everyone is SO disgusted.

Particularly the geese that seem to have stomach viruses

Geese are a problem. Alot of the courses here have taken to puttingout metal sillouettes of coyotes to keep them off the fairways and greens

If Tiger doesnt start playing better they wont have to ban him.

I completely agree about some of the nastier aspects, but just a normal spit isnt going to do anything but soak right in and dry out in no time. I am not saying what tiger did is right, I am just laughing that everyone is SO disgusted.

True, I agree with the fine because they stipulated that he broke a rule, same thing as with if you address your ball, ground your putter and the ball moves, you are accessed a penalty, break the rules accept the consequences. And if you go and watch the video of Tiger when he spit this past weekend, as he walks back from viewing his putt on the other side, he uses the bottom of the putter and appears to try to help the ground absorb by spreading it out...if you understand what I mean.

I don't really have a problem with a little bit of saliva, but if I saw a big hawker (a loogie if you will) laying in my line, I would be severely pissed.

I saw a player or two tweet about his spitting yesterday. I think it is unprofessional at their level.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

From what I've understood, it's hardly the first time he's been fined. Fines are...pretty common on tour, to put it that way.

Yup and I don't understand why they can't take a couple of steps and just hack a loogie on the higher grass than on the short stuff. There you go, problem solved or are we going to start calling for caddies to carry around a spittoon? :D

Tiger just apologized on twitter…

TigerWoods: The Euro Tour is right – it was inconsiderate to
spit like that and I know better. Just wasn't thinking and want to say I'm sorry.

Why does it have to be "hawk" a loogie anyway?

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Why does it have to be "hawk" a loogie anyway?

That sounds like the Long Island version of hack a loogie. :D

Spitting on the greens disrespectful to the game and your co players. If u have to, walk to the rough.

The PGA tour did not fine Sergio for spitting in the cup, but the Euro Tour fined Tiger for spitting on the green.
Interesting to say the least.

The PGA tour did not fine Sergio for spitting in the cup, but the Euro Tour fined Tiger for spitting on the green.
Interesting to say the least.

Or did the PGA Tour just not announce it?

Back