Tiger To Be Fined for Spitting

Spitting on the greens disrespectful to the game and your co players. If u have to, walk to the rough.

ahh, so your ball hiiting spit in the rough is going to be different than on the green. Not calling you out for this comment but it brings me back to my original statement...

I understand that it may be a rul to golf. but I guess I was surprised to get these reactions from everyone. that its gross or what not...or spit in the rough cause I dont want my ball to get spit on it. well, the odds of getting spit on the ball from the rough or green are the same. I just dont get it.

ahh, so your ball hiiting spit in the rough is going to be different than on the green. Not calling you out for this comment but it brings me back to my original statement...

I understand that it may be a rul to golf. but I guess I was surprised to get these reactions from everyone. that its gross or what not...or spit in the rough cause I dont want my ball to get spit on it. well, the odds of getting spit on the ball from the rough or green are the same. I just dont get it.

I think people are making a big deal about it as well, but I do see a difference. Look at this example....You are at a playground with kids and rather than spit right next to the sand box, you spit away from it. Yes they will probably still go through it, and yes it will probably be dry before it affects anybody, but its about tact and class. Granted, I dont think anybody would confuse this man with having that on the golf course, just my thoughts.

I think people are making a big deal about it as well, but I do see a difference. Look at this example....You are at a playground with kids and rather than spit right next to the sand box, you spit away from it. Yes they will probably still go through it, and yes it will probably be dry before it affects anybody, but its about tact and class. Granted, I dont think anybody would confuse this man with having that on the golf course, just my thoughts.

right, I definatley get your point and I understand your thoughts. Just found all of the chatter about it being so gross as humorous.

Tiger is the classiest golfer since John Daly.

Last time I checked he was a tour pro, not some bum shooting 85 at a muni (sounds like me,but even I don't spit on the green.) Cmon Tiger show some class in defeat.I expect this conduct from Daly even Sergio did this once.Tiger is looked up to by so many and he comes across like a whiny baby.I thought my opinion of Tiger couldn't be lower,oh well wrong again.

Yup and I don't understand why they can't take a couple of steps and just hack a loogie on the higher grass than on the short stuff. There you go, problem solved or are we going to start calling for caddies to carry around a spittoon? :D

That would be hy-larious!

You can tell he was frustrated and it was inconsiderate, I'm sure he regretted it before it hit the deck, he apologized and payed the fine. He had to play next to Garcia for for cryin out loud, who spit in the cup and then told the announcer it was "no big deal, really it's no big deal". Banned for it- get over yourself huh.

Last edited:
U must be kidding if u dont see the difference. What is going on with this game of honor. We talked the other day about dress code. People wearing cutt offs t shirts?! Come on. Are we willing to forgive everything. We have teenagers walking around in their bed clothes in stores. We used to dress up to go outand travel. What happened! Now we have pros spitting on the green. Give me a break!

U must be kidding if u dont see the difference. What is going on with this game of honor. We talked the other day about dress code. People wearing cutt offs t shirts?! Come on. Are we willing to forgive everything. We have teenagers walking around in their bed clothes in stores. We used to dress up to go outand travel. What happened! Now we have pros spitting on the green. Give me a break!
Ohh the humanity. You are kinda blamin one guy for the misdeeds of many here. I think an f-bomb in front of a crowded gallery is more offensive than a guy spitting after missing his putt. I'm not dismissing it, but if it were anyone else would people be so offended?

He said it was inconsiderate and apologized. Not sure what else he can do about it now except hopefully think twice about it next time.

I love it. Fined for spitting. He will probably pay the fine with "straight cash homie." How about they make him give back his appearence fee.

What exactly are you saying with this sentence? Are you saying that all golfers say things like this, or just Tiger?

Oh Lord, this thread is a train wreck.

He spit, he was fined, he apologized, hopefully he'll learn from this. Will a public flogging make some of you happy?

ILikeWhereThisThreadIsGoing.jpg

What exactly are you saying with this sentence? Are you saying that all golfers say things like this, or just Tiger?
Go get em bonk.

I think Tiger is a complete Jackwagon.

I hate watching him when things aren't going his way. Can you say infantile?
The problem is, there is (or was) no one I'd rather watch when his game is on! The shots he used to make were the definition of awe inspiring.

I'm glad he was fined. I'm sure he should have been fined more $. I wish they would fine everyone, every time a club left their hands in anger/frustration, and every time they cussed. If you have kids I'd be surprised if you disagreed!

Im tired of his f bomb. Throwing clubs and now spitting. Its not cause its him. It would be bad if it was any pga player. His play was unbelievable. I loved watching him. But i guess we are willing to forgive for the sake of great play. Im no prude but are we gonna see players pissing on the green next. Lol.
Ps-- a fine means nothing to tiger.

I think Tiger is a complete Jackwagon.

I hate watching him when things aren't going his way. Can you say infantile?
The problem is, there is (or was) no one I'd rather watch when his game is on! The shots he used to make were the definition of awe inspiring.

I'm glad he was fined. I'm sure he should have been fined more $. I wish they would fine everyone, every time a club left their hands in anger/frustration, and every time they cussed. If you have kids I'd be surprised if you disagreed!
Well you probably would have hated Jones and Hagen then too. Jones threw a club that actually hit a lady. Hagen had quite the rep as well. But those were the days many Pro's weren't even allowed into the clubhouse. That was for the gentlemen only.

Well you probably would have hated Jones and Hagen then too. Jones threw a club that actually hit a lady. Hagen had quite the rep as well. But those were the days many Pro's weren't even allowed into the clubhouse. That was for the gentlemen only.

right!! I am glad you bring this up. Not to mention they openly smoked cigars and did not properly place them.

Does it bother people that Boo Weekly and Dustin Johnson dip on the course, I am sure they do not spit in places that its impossible for a ball to go.

His spitting was disgusting, at least some punitive action was taken. However, rules should apply to all, just like the Sergio spitting incident which I did not see. He is an immature 35 year-old man who needs to grow up. We all know how frustrating this game can be at times, and I like to see his intensity but F this, slamming clubs, spitting. Come on Tiger. I hope he gets his game together and starts to act more like a professional.

Right!

You are absolutely right. I would have hated them, if I'd been around and raising kids. Great golf is great golf, and as an adult, I can admire it. The issue, is that in this media enriched environment we get to see & hear about everything else as well. When my 10-yo throws a tantrum on the course I call him Tiger and it aggravates the snot out of him. He knows full well that I don't approve of that kind of behavior anywhere, let alone on a golf course. Unfortunately, the example given by "professionals" in all sports leaves a lot to be desired. He made the mistake of throwing a club on the 2nd hole one day, and had the privileged of watching me play the rest of my round while he sat in the cart. He knows for sure that if he throws another club, at least in my presence, that he'll never play another round with me.

right!! I am glad you bring this up. Not to mention they openly smoked cigars and did not properly place them.

Does it bother people that Boo Weekly and Dustin Johnson dip on the course, I am sure they do not spit in places that its impossible for a ball to go.

As a smoker, and a former 'dipper', I don't have a problem with the use of either. I know I AM A COMPLETE MORON for ever touching them! However, I can guarantee that you will never find one of my butts on the side of the road, golf course, or anywhere other than a garbage can. Honestly, it PI$$E$ me off when I find butts in the trap, out on the fairway, or on the green. This particular lack of respect sets me off more than most. I see it as a direct reflection of me and my horrible vice. If your having a dip, the way I see it, you have two choices in dealing with the refuse. Swallow it, or spit it into a bottle for crying out loud! Tobacco in all forms is a DISGUSTING addiction!

This is me stepping off the soap box...

Edit: I did not mean to carry an angry tone in my response. I'm just sick and tired of celebs & athletes being excused for their crummy attitudes and actions.

Last edited:

I think he was making a reference to a Randy Moss incident where a reporter asked Moss how he was going to pay for a recent fine by the NFL. Moss replied "straight cash, homie."

You are absolutely right. I would have hated them, if I'd been around and raising kids. Great golf is great golf, and as an adult, I can admire it. The issue, is that in this media enriched environment we get to see & hear about everything else as well. As a smoker, and a former 'dipper', I don't have a problem with the use of either. However, I can guarantee that you will never find one of my butts on the side of the road, golf course, or anywhere other than a garbage can. Honestly, it PI$$E$ me off when I find butts in the trap, out on the fairway, or on the green. This particular lack of respect sets me off more than most. I see it as a direct reflection of me and my horrible vice. If your having a dip, the way I see it, you have two choices in dealing with the refuse. Swallow it, or spit it into a bottle for crying out loud! Tobacco in all forms is a DISGUSTING addiction!
I didn't like the spitting thing either, I could tell he was frustrated though, and it was more of an outburst or reaction than a habit or gesture. I'm pretty sure he feels worse about it than any of us either. He knows how bad it makes him look. The guy is/was a champion and the past few years really haven't gone as he'd have liked. I believe his dad's passing messed him up bad and that'll take awhile to recover from. I say this from exp cause my dad went when I was 32. A lot younger than most guys, and I was pretty volatile for a few years. I'm willing to cut a guy some slack if it'll help.
About the tobacco I use it too. I can control my debris though. I do love seeing a guy carrying his drool cup everywhere he goes. Nothing shows class like a can of spit.

Just so you know, no apology was necessary

Oh Lord, this thread is a train wreck.

He spit, he was fined, he apologized, hopefully he'll learn from this. Will a public flogging make some of you happy?

ILikeWhereThisThreadIsGoing.jpg

Quoted because I thought this post was hilarious

Back