What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a great ball RIP *moment of silence* one shot wonder... oh well until i get more
at least it went really far(into the woods)

That's too funny, we have all been there.

I'll be playing this once the snow melts...hopefully soon.

center.jpg
[/IMG]

never heard of it... is it like super soft or something?

Just looked at their webpage, $24.00 per dozen is not bad, but with shipping they could become as expensive as mid tier balls. I would probably have to read a review from a THPer's before considering purchasing them.

Just looked at their webpage, $24.00 per dozen is not bad, but with shipping they could become as expensive as mid tier balls. I would probably have to read a review from a THPer's before considering purchasing them.
If I get a chance to play DD I'll provide a review.

It doesn't get cold enough in georgia for you to need special balls, dawgdaddy! Just pull a "Ole Gray" and keep em in your pants!

At the suggestion of the guy at the local golf shop I have been using the Wilson Zip as a winter ball. So far I am really impressed with the performance. Feels good in the short game, including the putter. Normally use the Penta or B330RX.

Zip is a good ball NW.

Played the B330RX in a simulator yesterday and loved every shot. I can't see going back to another ball. About 95% on that one. The yellow just puts it over the top for me.

My 3 year old found a Vision golf ball last night during our round. From my research they come from Australia. I hit a few shots with it, and I can say it was very hot off my putter, even in the soggy conditions. Ill post a picture of it tonight when I get home. Its a pretty cool ball. The numbers are huge.

My mother in law bought me some Nike One tour Ds. Surprisingly they felt great.

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

What is the compression on those Cold Fusion balls? I did some research and thought I found a great cold weather ball in the TM Burner TP, but the jury is still out.

Last round I played one of the 2011 Titleist ProV1s. I liked it a lot, the ball flight was really good on well struck shots. It is incredible in the wind. The ball just doesn't want to move, but it also makes it harder to shape shots, IMHO.

Last round I played was in October :crying: but I had finally straightened out my trajectory, so I was comfortable switching from the Nike Vapor Speed to the Srixon Z Star...what a great ball! Nice around/on the greens for sure!!

Tried the e-6 again still love the yellow but... starting to seem a bit hard - the greens were really fast and I am getting more roll out than I did before? Not sure if it is due to me or the colder temps - tried a Cally (warbird?) last few holes and it SEEMED better lol

Played the '11 ProV1x again today. Really starting to like the ball. Drove a par 4 today and carry was right around 270. Stick was 283. The ball was biting very well on the approach shots. Spun a few shots back 5-6 feet. The only issue I am having is the durability. One good wedge and its scuffed. I really like the feel, but may go back to Penta's or the new srixon after this dozen is gone. No point in spending $46 on a ball that scuffs so easy. Have played some recently with the Srixon Z-Star XV...no scuffing issues at all. Ball still feels/plays very well around the greens. Also kind of cool to play with a yellow ball.

i found a tommy armour ball in a bush next to the first tee and it lasted me 27 holes today hahaha... its pretty tore up but i shot low today with it

Played the '11 ProV1x again today. Really starting to like the ball. Drove a par 4 today and carry was right around 270. Stick was 283. The ball was biting very well on the approach shots. Spun a few shots back 5-6 feet. The only issue I am having is the durability. One good wedge and its scuffed. I really like the feel, but may go back to Penta's or the new srixon after this dozen is gone. No point in spending $46 on a ball that scuffs so easy. Have played some recently with the Srixon Z-Star XV...no scuffing issues at all. Ball still feels/plays very well around the greens. Also kind of cool to play with a yellow ball.
Srixxon's are only $1 cheaper form what I have seen?

Srixxon's are only $1 cheaper form what I have seen?

Correct, but cover is more durable. They won't scuff as easy as the prov1x's from what I have noticed.

Played a yellow Srixon Z Star today, whcih is my usual ball and shot 86 in very windy conditions. Not sure yet what ball I will play once tournament season begins. The Bridgestone B330-RX is a front runner. Will be playing it and the Z Star side by side on our par 3 course a few times over the next 2 weeks to see which does a better job for MY short game.

Here is a picture of the Vision golf ball my son found yesterday. I played a short round with it today. I really liked the ball flight. The B330-RX is still a better ball for me, but it was fun to try out.
a7e360a31675d31c6447fc1584d47c9ee41536b8.JPG

I tried to play a Taylormade Penta and it was just not soft enough for me. I play an E6. I thought I might like more spin but it was just too hard.

I tried to play a Taylormade Penta and it was just not soft enough for me. I play an E6. I thought I might like more spin but it was just too hard.

Surprised at that. I find the Penta quite soft, although granted a little more solid off the putter face.

You find the E6 softer?

Played 18 with an orange chromax. It was super easy to find. Had my best round this year .

Twitter buddies and now Chromax pals. This is truly an awesome ball. I know it comes off as joking but I had a blast using these chromax golf balls. They are great balls that is for sure.

Played 18 with an orange chromax. It was super easy to find. Had my best round this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back