The Movie Review Thread

Truely one of those edge of your seat thrillers. And that ending and the box makes my blood boil just thinking about it. I want to break the rules already and throw Memento out there too, what a mind f*ck that movie was.
Memento pissed me off. I'm actually going to watch it again hoping for a different ending.

I dont think they ever really show it did they? But you know.

Who's pretty little head? Wow I completely forgot the whole movie... All I remember is that he swims through the sewer to get out.

Brb going to read up on google.

I have Before the Devil... queued up on NetFlix. Sidney Lumet's last movie.

I've mentioned them in the film buff thread and I'll do it again. I highly recommend the The Red Riding Trilogy. 1974, 1980, and 1983. Really gritty British films about murder and police corruption in Northern England.

Watched The Black Dahlia the other night. I love James Ellroy, and L.A. Confidential was a great movie, but this one didn't make it. Tried too hard to be as good as China Town and fell in the crapper.

Kevin

Great series!
Watched them all twice and they are still in my netflix que. I don't see me removing them anytime soon.

I dont think they ever really show it did they? But you know.
No, they don't. John Doe says he took a souvenir though. Never show it.

Like Prison Break in season 3 where they killed Sara off, putting her head in a box, but she comes back later...I guess they did not cut it off.

Memento pissed me off. I'm actually going to watch it again hoping for a different ending.

hahahaha Ive tried that and it doesnt get any better but its still a wild ride. Theres another movie I want to throw out there .... Jacobs Ladder...another good one that messed with my mind.

Who's pretty little head? Wow I completely forgot the whole movie... All I remember is that he swims through the sewer to get out.

Brb going to read up on google.
No, that's Seven with the box. You are mixing up Shawshank is swimming through the sewer.

Great series!
Watched them all twice and they are still in my netflix que. I don't see me removing them anytime soon.
So, you'll just have Netflix send them to you again, like on a rotation?

hahahaha Ive tried that and it doesnt get any better but its still a wild ride. Theres another movie I want to throw out there .... Jacobs Ladder...another good one that messed with my mind.
I'll check that one out too. Never saw it.

I'm watching The Runaways. When I was 15 I skipped out of school and went to the local record store to see, and get a signed picture of, The Runaways. Wish I still had that picture.

Kevin

For whomever is on and reading...sound off, favorite flick. Numero Uno, no ties, no second favorites. You get to watch one movie.

"Shawshank Redemption"

Godfather- part 1

So, you'll just have Netflix send them to you again, like on a rotation?

No- they are on my instant watch que. I'll be bored one evening and flip through my list for something to watch. When the mood strikes I'll watch one again. I get something new out of them everytime I watch. I have a few other that I leave on for similar reasons

Tombstone. Val Kilmer made that movie for me, quite honestly I think its one of the best acting roles ever.

For whomever is on and reading...sound off, favorite flick. Numero Uno, no ties, no second favorites. You get to watch one movie.

"Shawshank Redemption"

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I just read up on the ending and someone is going to have to explain to me something about this whole thing with the girls head in a box, I totally do not remember that.

I just read up on the ending and someone is going to have to explain to me something about this whole thing with the girls head in a box, I totally do not remember that.

Ending of shawshank or seven?

Tombstone. Val Kilmer made that movie for me, quite honestly I think its one of the best acting roles ever.

LOVE that movie. Best Doc Holiday ever. HEAT was good too, probably my favorite bank robber type movie.

No- they are on my instant watch que. I'll be bored one evening and flip through my list for something to watch. When the mood strikes I'll watch one again. I get something new out of them everytime I watch. I have a few other that I leave on for similar reasons
Oh gotcha. I stopped my subscription before the instant was really popular. I sure got my use out of the 3 at any time...

Ohhh I was talking about shawshank this whole time.. you guys were talking about a different movie with the girls head in the box?

Ahaha doh! I'm an idiot.

lol yeah we got onto Seven. Its an older movie so you probably havent seen it. Watch it. Its based on the seven deadly sins and has Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman in it.

True, come to think of it SAINT was pretty awesome as well.

LOVE that movie. Best Doc Holiday ever. HEAT was good too, probably my favorite bank robber type movie.

For the se7en discussion, http://www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/seven.html

Now I know why I liked you Kevin. Good taste in flicks, among other things. That gunfight scene in the street in "Heat" was one of the more intense scenes I've seen. Especially in a theater, wow.

True, come to think of it SAINT was pretty awesome as well.
Good Kilmer role. Elisabeth Shue was so hot in that movie.

Oh gotcha. I stopped my subscription before the instant was really popular. I sure got my use out of the 3 at any time...

I stopped mine for a while too and then I heard you can do Blue-ray movies now so Im back. All my movies come as blue ray so no more buying movies and watching them once.

lol yeah we got onto Seven. Its an older movie so you probably havent seen it. Watch it. Its based on the seven deadly sins and has Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman in it.

Will do Kevin. Speaking of Brad Pitt I watched fight club for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Mind BLOWN. I couldn't beleive how what I thought what the story was all about turned into something completely different near the end, what a great movie.

Now I know why I liked you Kevin. Good taste in flicks. That gunfight scene in the street in "Heat" was one of the more intense scenes I've seen. Especially in a theater, wow.

haha HEAT is probably one of my top 5 movies. That scene youre talking about is movie legend type stuff, just a great scene.

Will do Kevin. Speaking of Brad Pitt I watched fight club for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Mind BLOWN. I couldn't beleive how what I thought what the story was all about turned into something completely different near the end, what a great movie.

ANOTHER ONE! One of my favorites too. This was on the other night and I caught it in the middle. Had to turn it off its just too good to not see beginning to end.

I stopped mine for a while too and then I heard you can do Blue-ray movies now so Im back. All my movies come as blue ray so no more buying movies and watching them once.

Exactly. I physically own just 5 movies on blu-ray. Everything else I use netflix.

Band of Brothers (while not a movie) is INCREDIBLE on blueray

Exactly. I physically own just 5 movies on blu-ray. Everything else I use netflix.

Band of Brothers (while not a movie) is INCREDIBLE on blueray

One of these days I need to buy that set. On blueray of course and then watch it all week. Such an amazing..mini series I guess. Did you see next one they did?

One of these days I need to buy that set. On blueray of course and then watch it all week. Such an amazing..mini series I guess. Did you see next one they did?

Are you referring to Pacific? Then yes. If you mean something else, then I haven't.
I love it for a lot of the reason that critics hated it. There is no clear main character. There is no real plot. Everything is muddled, confused, and disorganized. Just as how I imagine war actually is.

Back