5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

That rocks KellyBo! I am really happy for you. Ole Gray is going to have to start carrying a stick to fend off all the guys that are going to be trying to steal you away! haha.

You mean all those guys in their 80's at the golf course that keep wanting hugs? Dirty old men! :D

I haven't weighed in two weeks, intentionally as I really think that was getting to my head.

So, I went ahead and hopped on this morning. Two weeks ago I was 216, this morning I'm sitting at 211.8...crazy. I haven't been this light in a long while and I can now firmly see 200 staring me in the face, almost 19lbs so far. The best thing though has not been the pounds, its the inches. None of my teaching chino's and slacks fit well anymore and I moved to the last belt loop on the belt this past week. Inches and the visual mean so much more to me than the pounds, its just something else to look in the mirror and be able to norice it in your face and wherever else too...and when other people start noticing, thats cool.

Keep it up everyone, this thread has been to great to me and many others here....wow.

I haven't weighed in two weeks, intentionally as I really think that was getting to my head.

So, I went ahead and hopped on this morning. Two weeks ago I was 216, this morning I'm sitting at 211.8...crazy. I haven't been this light in a long while and I can now firmly see 200 staring me in the face, almost 19lbs so far. The best thing though has not been the pounds, its the inches. None of my teaching chino's and slacks fit well anymore and I moved to the last belt loop on the belt this past week. Inches and the visual mean so much more to me than the pounds, its just something else to look in the mirror and be able to norice it in your face and wherever else too...and when other people start noticing, thats cool.

Keep it up everyone, this thread has been to great to me and many others here....wow.

Wow JMan! Incredible! Are you still doing the low-carb diet? So happy you are having such success!

That IS awesome Jman. Keep at it, and you'll be sub-200 in no time.

Wow JMan! Incredible! Are you still doing the low-carb diet? So happy you are having such success!

Thanks KB, yeah my wife and I are in the Atkins "Ongoing Weigth Loss" phase, I've been able to add nuts and berries back in and its been great, I really don't crave the breads and starches anymore. Plus, I've got more energy than I have in years.

That IS awesome Jman. Keep at it, and you'll be sub-200 in no time.

Many thanks! I cannot wait, its just one of those mental things for me, I really feel like 195 would be perfect for me.

So I am putting this out there for the world to see....I have fallen off the wagon. I have fallen hard and fallen far. This has been a bad couple of weeks for me. I had some really good runs at the gym last week but ate so poorly that all the running in the world can't make up for all the bad food I have eaten these past couple of weeks. Especially all the chocolate. Chocolate has been like a drug for me the past few days and I just couldn't fight it.

But I have written down some goals and created a new eating plan and spoke with my trainer about increasing my gym routine so starting next week it's on! I have 3 months to get in shape and I will do it! Operation Get Fit for PGA National has officially begun (again)!

Now look here missy...

Every single one of us has fallen off the wagon at one time or another through this little challenge. BTW, the operable word there is "challenge". It's a challenge to stay on track every day especially when one is as busy as you are. So what? You fell off the wagon. The point is you are strong enough to do this and not let a little slip for a few days or even two weeks sidetrack you.

Looks like you got a plan there and I KNOW you can do it. I've seen up close and personal that clenching of the jaw/teeth, the furrow of the brow, and the "I can bloody well do this" look come across your face. So, be good to yourself, be easy on yourself and go out there and be the best you can be.

Great job! Sometimes not looking at the scale for a little while can be a good thing. Great to see the inches go isn't it!

damn, I havent seen 165 since the 8th grade.
Good luck with your getting ripped plan!!

Yeah I have not seen 165 since 8th grade either. I normally staty around 180 but lost weight over the summer and have kept it off

well, I weighed in today and I am at 190 on the nose. Thats only a 2 pound loss from my original post, but I feel like its been more and that is through all of the eating holidays. I can tell a difference with my pants, but I am looking a loittle stronger, which is the goal. also, I have really been focusing on golf type workouts because having those muscles strengthened is far more important that big muscles. Anyway, I hope my golf game notices the work I have put in for her and rewards me!

I really like that idea. I don't really have a weight loss goal per-say, but I would love to get down to a true 34" waist rather than a I can get them around me 34". I don't like that my waist is larger than my inseam. At 6'3" w/ a 34" inseam I should be able to attain that!

Yeah. I am 6'2" and am currently a 36" waist. The new pants are 34"
Weight doesn't mean as much to me.

Playing hockey 3 times a week helps a lot. It is 4+ hours a week of an intense workout.

Weighed in on Sunday at 242.2. Lol, only a .8 decrease but I was happy with that. After hearing some really just depressing news I kinda hit some beers hard Friday night. But that included a burrito/taco plate from Mi Amigos along witha small blizzard haha. Saturday wasn't much better. I ate a decent lunch (burrito from chipotle lol) and had a few more drinks that night as well. I don't think drinking is the answer by any means but just one of those weeks/weekends and I hardly drink anymore as it is.

So I'm happy my weight didn't explode and happy only 2 days at the gym last week didnt kill me. The previous week was only 4 days instead of the usual 5. This week will be packed but I'm going regardless of what time I have to be there. I'm gonna try and spend as much time after work with Maggie then itll be off to some golf practice and gym time. Haven't fallen off or anything just been laying kinda low the last few days.

Weighed in on Sunday at 242.2. Lol, only a .8 decrease but I was happy with that. After hearing some really just depressing news I kinda hit some beers hard Friday night. But that included a burrito/taco plate from Mi Amigos along witha small blizzard haha. Saturday wasn't much better. I ate a decent lunch (burrito from chipotle lol) and had a few more drinks that night as well. I don't think drinking is the answer by any means but just one of those weeks/weekends and I hardly drink anymore as it is.

So I'm happy my weight didn't explode and happy only 2 days at the gym last week didnt kill me. The previous week was only 4 days instead of the usual 5. This week will be packed but I'm going regardless of what time I have to be there. I'm gonna try and spend as much time after work with Maggie then itll be off to some golf practice and gym time. Haven't fallen off or anything just been laying kinda low the last few days.

Yoc -- I have had those give me another beer days. It's similar to the girls wanting a chocolate fix and if you are human you are going to have em. With that said I am off to the gym for an hour or so workout and then to the golf course for some serious chipping practice. I know being stuck in the snow is not a good thing for you guys up North. Spring is right around the corner so hang in there and know it's ok to fall down on the program, just don't stay down. Get back up and keep going. Your body will thank you!

I've made the decision to start back up on the Weight Watchers point system. No I'm not going to start going to the meetings so you can stop laughing now. My mother-in-law is a huge Weight Watcher fan and goes to meetings and has gotten me copies of all their information including the journals you keep to track what you eat and keep count of your daily points. I've been working out and that's all fine and dandy but I'm not seeing enough drop on the scale because I'm still allowing myself to eat poorly and Weight Watchers is the best tried and true system I've used, every time I've done it I've dropped lbs. 3 months out as of this weekend so no time like NOW to really get that push going!

I've made the decision to start back up on the Weight Watchers point system. No I'm not going to start going to the meetings so you can stop laughing now. My mother-in-law is a huge Weight Watcher fan and goes to meetings and has gotten me copies of all their information including the journals you keep to track what you eat and keep count of your daily points. I've been working out and that's all fine and dandy but I'm not seeing enough drop on the scale because I'm still allowing myself to eat poorly and Weight Watchers is the best tried and true system I've used, every time I've done it I've dropped lbs. 3 months out as of this weekend so no time like NOW to really get that push going!

I am like you brother! I have gained some interesting muscle mass that I have not had in several years. The problem is my weight is not dropping like I would prefer. I need to start counting calories & listing the food I eat during the day. I would really love to have my size 38 pants feel on the loose size come May :D

73 more days until my marathon in Nashville. My training has been mixed so far, hopefully it will continue to improve as we lose the snowpiles.

Let's see, I had 2 hot dogs yesterday and a DQ cone the other day. I've had a few cheats here and there but I'm still having pretty good eating days overall. I have been playing a lot of golf and haven't been to the gym this week. I get on the scale this morning and see a new number that I haven't seen in a LONG time!!! I'm down almost 9 pounds since December!!!!!

Nice job KB!!!! I've been indulging as well this past weekend :) But not overboard haha.

I'm officially under 240. I waited a couple days to make sure each weight in was accurate but I'm now at 239.8! Lowest I've been in a bit.

Let's see, I had 2 hot dogs yesterday and a DQ cone the other day. I've had a few cheats here and there but I'm still having pretty good eating days overall. I have been playing a lot of golf and haven't been to the gym this week. I get on the scale this morning and see a new number that I haven't seen in a LONG time!!! I'm down almost 9 pounds since December!!!!!

That is just phenomenal! Congratulations Kelly! You are kicking butt and taking names in the weight loss/fitness challenge!

I had my small breakdown a couple of weeks ago and I really thought I was going to have some major set backs because of it but it turns out I am OK. I actually lost a pound still which is great and I was able to put on a pair of size 2 pants again! I have also talked with my trainer about creating a cardio program for me so I can train to run a 5k. So we shall see. But I am feeling great that I am back on track and I have even started to track my calories which I think is really helping. I have gone 2 of the 3 days this week to the gym and plan to go again tomorrow and I have a training session on Friday so if I can make 4/5 I will be very happy. That should definitely get me back to a regular routine.

211.4 this week. With not being able to get out of the house because of snow I'll take 0.4 and run with it. A loss is a loss and that it awesome.

Going to try and add legumes this week, VERY high rung food on Atkins, so, we shall see.

Nice Jman. I'm so tempted to give this one a look haha.

211.4 this week. With not being able to get out of the house because of snow I'll take 0.4 and run with it. A loss is a loss and that it awesome.

Going to try and add legumes this week, VERY high rung food on Atkins, so, we shall see.

You are so right, a loss is a loss, no matter how big or small it is. Congrats!

You are so right, a loss is a loss, no matter how big or small it is. Congrats!

Yep, last time I truly tried to get healthy I was alway caught up in how much I lost instead of the fact that I did lose, thats all that matters. Weight loss takes lots of time for some people, but at least you know and feel that you are getting healthier!

Yep, last time I truly tried to get healthy I was alway caught up in how much I lost instead of the fact that I did lose, thats all that matters. Weight loss takes lots of time for some people, but at least you know and feel that you are getting healthier!

Agreed! I am struggling so hard to lose actual pounds but my body is tighter and my clothes fit better so while my number hasn't changed much my body has and that's all I really care about.

Haven't posted in here in awhile....but new job and long commute has shaken up my workout routine. Good news...haven't gained weight and holding steady. Since my routine is starting to get settled, I'm looking into joining a gym so I can get my cardio on.

Agreed! I am struggling so hard to lose actual pounds but my body is tighter and my clothes fit better so while my number hasn't changed much my body has and that's all I really care about.

That's how I am. I'm stuck at 155, but my pants and shirts are getting looser and looser.

Well I've never posted in here. At one point in life I was a cut 145 pounds with abs and a lot of confidence. I quit smoking, and within 6 months the abs were gone and I weighed 169. I should have done something to stop the leak, but I didn't. As of right now I'm at 154 (goal is 140isn before I start bulking.) I look forward to seeing everyone's progress

Back