AHA

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 5.9
Does anyone know anything about or have any experience with Pure Stix shafts?

www.purestix.com

The theory and technology is very intriguing to me. The teacher I'm working with currently (Dr. Jim Suttie - 2000 National PGA Teacher of the Year) is a big believer and his fitting guy was at my lesson today. He had me hitting a few different frequency shafts until we found "my frequency." I have to say that it immediately improved my trajectory and the shape of my shots. I'm thinking about putting these shafts in my MP-62s but I wanted to check in here to see if anyone knows anything about this company or maybe even has the shafts.

Bump to see if anyone in the evening crowd knows anything about these shafts. JB...any info on the tour report indicating that anyone uses these shafts?

Bump to see if anyone in the evening crowd knows anything about these shafts. JB...any info on the tour report indicating that anyone uses these shafts?

I dont see a single golfer using them in the latest surveys.

Thanks JB...it's not a deal breaker, but interesting to note. They really did feel amazing so I can't decide what to do.

The fitter did mention and the website indicates that Derek Lamely uses them, but who knows.

The fitter did mention and the website indicates that Derek Lamely uses them, but who knows.

Im showing that he plays them in some irons. According to Lamely, the owner of Purestix is a friend of his and he wants to help him support the company. As of right now, I am not showing anybody else playing them on almost any of the tours. Not sure that means much, but just interesting information.

Definitely interesting information and I appreciate you checking on it for me. I'm a science guy and I like the science part of it. The idea behind the technology makes sense to me and like I said above it really is a great feeling shaft. I'm just not crazy about dropping that kind of $$ when I also like the S300s that are currently in my irons. If I knew it would help, I'd probably go for it, but one day on the range (with a biased fitter I might add) is not a sure thing.

This is what most call frequency matching and fitting one to your correct flex.>370 shafts are used for this cause it's the only way to hit in between flexes . Taper shafts are what they are,one frequency with the shorter clubs getting stiffer in flex.Only way to alter from stock flex is to hard or soft step,which alters flex by 1/3..370 shafts are tunable to hit exactly the flex you are trying to achieve.

Did you notice his guarantee?

Once your new golf clubs are built, you'll review them one-on-one with our Technician

Together, you and the technician will go through the bag to make certain each and every club fits you perfectly.
If adjustments need to be made, we will address them right away and take care of any concerns - GUARANTEED!

You can't beat this

Thanks Lefty...I appreciate the info! Like I said, having the same frequency in all of your shafts makes sense to me, but I'm not sure I would notice a big enough difference to make it worth the hassle and cost.

It looks very interesting. You said you noticed "[it] immediately improved my trajectory and the shape of my shots." It sounds like you answered your own question. :)

Haha...it did. My concern is that I only hit the shaft in one club, but it did honestly produce noticeably better results than my own club (same club).

Haha...it did. My concern is that I only hit the shaft in one club, but it did honestly produce noticeably better results than my own club (same club).
Perhaps you could try it with another club and see if you achieve similar results? You're obviously a good golfer. :)

Perhaps you could try it with another club and see if you achieve similar results? You're obviously a good golfer. :)

Took the words right out out my mouth. Don't know which iron he did that to for you,but try ut with a shorter iron and see if you like the results as much with that one vs the other one.Then you decide.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll try to get with him sometime this week and hit some shorter irons (I was hitting a 5 iron the first time around). I'll keep you posted. Also, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Interesting. I like the science behind it as well. So are these clubs they build or just shafts they put in your current clubs? And how much does all this fancification cost?

Isn't this what True Temper was doing with their Black Gold line?

Black Gold

Frequency TunedTM Technology

Black Gold introduces Frequency Tuned™ technology. Incorporating True Temper's proprietary "Gold" manufacturing process, each critical shaft parameter is held to unparalleled standards resulting in the first shaft ever to combine pinpoint frequency specification with exacting weight tolerances and balance for unmatched repeatability and consistency.

Frequency Control - each Black Gold shaft is frequency tuned to within +/- 1 CPM.
Weight Control - each Black Gold shaft is manufactured to within +/- 1.5 grams.
Balance Point Control - each Black Gold shaft features balance point control to +/- .125".

They put these shafts in your own clubs. It's about $100 per club.

They put these shafts in your own clubs. It's about $100 per club.

Phew! No kidding about not being cheap. I can see that for a tour player or someone close or someone with a lot of extra cash laying around with nothing better to do, but can this process really make $800+ worth of difference to most of us?

Exactly...that's what I'm really wrestling with. It seems pretty expensive, but I spend money on other things in an effort to improve, so why not shafts? Still not sure what I'm going to do.

Exactly...that's what I'm really wrestling with. It seems pretty expensive, but I spend money on other things in an effort to improve, so why not shafts? Still not sure what I'm going to do.

What is NOTHING UNTIL THE OUTING.

Alex: That is correct.

Hahahaha...so true. Good call JB, thanks for talking some sense into me. I can always send them out to have this done later (e.g. after the outing). I have a problem waiting, especially when new golf gear is involved!

For that kind of money, I could end up with a whole new set with whatever shafts I want after the outing. I'm going to do my best to wait until after May!

For that kind of money, I could end up with a whole new set with whatever shafts I want after the outing. I'm going to do my best to wait until after May!
*labored and slow* Must contain yourself! :D

I know, I know. My will power when it comes to golf equipment is seriously lacking.

Good idea.

I know, I know. My will power when it comes to golf equipment is seriously lacking.
I'm right there with you. lol

Back