Five. Hundred. THOUSAND.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
tumblr_leg7lnSLQr1qzad29o1_500.gif

Who would have thought 28 months ago that a little idea would snowball into something so huge? From a little golf forum, THP turned into a golf blog, a print magazine and a media outlet! Today the forum reached an astounding 500,000 posts and although this is clearly a group effort of everyone who is a member of this great place, the credit for how fast and far this place took off falls to the two who have put their hearts and souls into making THP be all it can be. Josh and Morgan (JB and GolferGal). Thanks for giving us all a place to play and hang out for hours at a time.

I never would have thought when I joined this place that I would participate so much nor that I would become as involved as I have. I can truly call JB and GG friends who I can always count on for anything. I can never thank them enough for all they did while our boy Bandit was sick and showed how much they truly care. If you are talking about genuinely caring people, you've got to include these two in the list. I'll always be available for anything you guys need.

a627b6aa.jpg

JB and GG have already hosted two fabulous golf outings for the members here (I was fortunate enough to attend the first one and met a lot of the regulars here and was glad to meet every one of them) and are preparing for the third one in just a few months. The topper has just recently been discussed, the big event at Reunion Resort. I hope to attend this one, depending on whether work allows it! If you are going to the 2011 Spring outing, you're in for an amazing experience. The event in the Fall, I am still speechless about. If you have any doubts about how much they care about the members here, attend one of these.

Of course THP wouldn't be what it is without the wonderful members who log in and participate. I kept track of membership milestones for a while, but it got overwhelming after a while! Most of the people who post here are from the U.S. but we have regular posters from all over the world. We've had over 500 people join our family this year alone, and we aren't even two full months in. We're approaching the 4,000 member milestone, which may even happen today the way we are growing! The members here are a diverse group of people from all walks of life with one common thing, which brought everyone here in the first place. We don't always get along, but over time we (usually!) all get over our differences and get along. (Most of the time!)

0d369e1f.jpg

I am proud to have been a part of this from the beginning, and the growth has been shocking. I've made a lot of good friends because of THP and look forward to bantering with you all every day.I can't wait to see what this place turns into as we continue to grow and hit even more milestones. We've grown in leaps and bounds since October 2008 and the stars are the limit. You've only seen a brief glimpse of what's possible with THP. The next couple of years are going to be incredible.

Congratulations to EVERYONE at THP for reaching this significant milestone.

Yeah, this is pretty incredible!!!

Congrats JB and GG!!!

WOW!!!

Wow, that's amazing. THP has really blossomed into something special and I am proud to be a part of the forum. Kudos to JB and GG for bringing this wonderful place to the masses! :clapp:

awesome post smalls! I'd leave it if I didn't have to spread it around. You my friend don't get near the credit that you deserve for all that you do. I for one, am very appreciative. It's an honor to be associated with THP as a staffer and it's an honor to share that with a guy like yourself. You were one of the 1st people that greeted me here and actually got to know me. You kind of brought me out of my shell I suppose.

JB and GG have some incredible ideas and want to take THP to levels that many can't even believe, and they will get it done, b/c it's just what they do. I love working with them and I believe in what they've built here, but it isn't anywhere if it isn't for the people who spend their time here, read here, comment here, develop friends here, and share here.

Congrats everyone, this is a phenomenal achievement.

Thank you for the kind words Smalls. One correction I should make though. THP has WAY more than 4000 members. Those are considered active members who have posted.

But this is really about the people here and not the people that started it. They deserve the credit.

From the time I joined this site has been in burner mode and I'm amazed every day at how fast it continues to grow. Thanks for all the hard work JB, GG and all the staff.

Great post Smally!

Great post small. Congrats to JB and GG and everyone who has put in all the hard work to make this site what it is.

Congrats THP Land! Josh, Morgan and all of the wonder THP staff, you all have made this place into something special. Congrats on everything!

Great post Smalls! Wow, what an achievement!! Congrats to all of THP (staff and members) for this amazing achievement! Way to go everyone!

Shall we start the million posts tracker?

wow congrats THP

Am I the only person who immediately thought of Delmar when they read the thread title...

A million dollars...

Million point two...

500,000 each...

400, Delmar.

delmar.jpg

Congrats to all the THP staff and thanks for all the hard work you put in!

Congrats and best wishes for getting bigger...
This is a nice forum and hopefully you will keep
your integrity as you grow even bigger and stand out..

Best.Forum/Blog/Magazine/Radio Show/News Outlet/Social Network.Ever

Thank you all for the incredibly kind words but THP is what it is today because of all of you. You have made it possible for us to reach 500,000 and it will be you who takes us to 1,000,000 and more!!!

Awesome, were you watching a big board like they were in "Social Network"

Congrats JB & GG. You guys are amazing people who deserve everything good that comes your way. I know that most of us see all the awesome prizes and contests but we don't see all the hard work that goes into getting the products for the contest/giveaways/reviews. It's easy to think that the companies just contact you and say here is some equipment to review or giveaway and I'm sure it is a lot more work then that. A special thanks goes to TC as well. I joined this forum looking for a review on a certain club(think it was a 3 wood) and TC was so nice and helpful I decided to stick around. Now I'm hooked so deep you'll never get rid of me.

What an absolute amazing accomplishment! I have enjoyed THP from the very second I stumbled across here 2 years ago and I am completely honored to be able to stay I'm staff and a part of such a great thing. The members here are top notch, I knew it from the day I made my first post and I know it now. Congrats everyone!

Congrats JB, GG, and the rest of the THP staff. I probably spend a little too much time here, but it's the only place I trust for top notch reviews, news, and advice.

Back