What would you do???

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
I am looking for some advice about the R11 driver. I won one last week and I am SOOO excited to get this club. I went last night and hit it at Golfsmith. I had them switch out the different shafts so I could really find the combo that works best for me. The stock stiff Blur shaft is NOT good for me at all. I was all over the place. Tried a few other options but the one that stood out for me was the Aldila RIP Stiff shaft, next was the Stock X flex. My question is this: Is it worth it to pay the extra $100 (if I even can) and get the TP Aldila shaft OR get the stock shaft and later spend the $$$ on a Miyasaki shaft. I think the Miyasaki shafts are around $250 (please correct me if I am wrong). The Aldila shaft is a very good shaft, but I got to hit the new Cleveland drivers and the Srixon Z Star drivers and these shafts just feel like they were made for me. So anyways any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Moved over to the fitting and shafts section.

As to answer your question, I would NOT do anything until after you are at the THP Demo Day.

Moved over to the fitting and shafts section.

As to answer your question, I would NOT do anything until after you are at the THP Demo Day.

But I won it, so I have to let them know my specks this week. That is the delimma, otherwise I wouldn't even be thinking about it.

I'd go with the Aldila, you said you hit it great and it felt good, and it is cheaper. If money isn't an option then wait it out and get the Miyazaki.

You won it, that means you paid $0 for it, I say kick in some cash and make it work best for you. Regardless you're going to have a hell of a driver for a fraction of the cost.

The thread title and the opening 2 sentences really scared me. I was about to say NOOOOO delete this thread, hurry haha.

Here is my advice. Upgrade it to the rip shaft and try out a few settings to see if it works for you. If it doesnt then you can always sell it and upgrade to a Miyazaki shaft.

The thread title and the opening 2 sentences really scared me. I was about to say NOOOOO delete this thread, hurry haha.

Here is my advice. Upgrade it to the rip shaft and try out a few settings to see if it works for you. If it doesnt then you can always sell it and upgrade to a Miyazaki shaft.

I hit the RIP Shaft today and I really liked it.

Thanks for your advice guys! I think i will try to upgrade. I didn't even think about the possibility of selling the shaft. I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond to my question. Sorry I scared you bridges! Are you liking your R11 any better?

I Tapped, I Talked

You won it, that means you paid $0 for it, I say kick in some cash and make it work best for you. Regardless you're going to have a hell of a driver for a fraction of the cost.

I must agree

What is your driver swing speed?

I really liked hitting the new cleveland line and srixon z-star as well. I bought the R11 with the stock shaft and have a miyazaki on order. If you like hitting the aldila, I would pay the upcharge for the TP. If you don't like it, you should be able to sell it here or on ebay and order a miya. Good luck!

Back