PGA Tour approves use of mobile devices at events

yeah the one day I forgot to check in to get my sticker for that day's round you thought I'd yelled 'fire' in a movie theater....security was all over me the minute I started taking pics
They even have different types of media privileges. You have to have the proper sticker on your camera to take pictures and the type of badge and sticker you have will determine where you are allowed to stand to take those pictures.

yeah the one day I forgot to check in to get my sticker for that day's round you thought I'd yelled 'fire' in a movie theater....security was all over me the minute I started taking pics

I know! you might as well start screaming "Don't tase me bro!" because they come after you!

LMAO!!! If I go back to the AT&T witht he same credentials I'm so doing that.... lol

well, maybe not.....

I know! you might as well start screaming "Don't tase me bro!" because they come after you!

ok, lol

every big sporting event/concert i've ever been to doesn't police that. it's stuff like this that is hurting the pga tour, not just the economic climate.

At the games here (Chiefs, Royals), as long as you don't have a professional camera (SLR, DLSR, with zoom lenses, etc) they don't care. If it's just a point and shoot, you're good to go. Last concerts I went to were the same way.

There are lots of interesting articles concerning these types of problems that have to do with the lawsuit Sam Keller has brought against the video game company EA. It's worth a Google if you're interested.

On a side note Sam is a real tool, he played QB here at Nebraska and let's just say we weren't sad to see him go!!!

I've gone through full gates for The Players before. Usually just wands, though. Might depend on which gate you use.

I am very glad they did this. Just not practical in the modern world. I think most people who go to a tournament are more than willing to turn off their ringers.

BAD IDEA

Yeah, if they remember. I go to The Memorial every year and see and hear more phones than you would believe. Self important people who have to call their buddies to tell them they just saw Tiger Woods. If you can't be without your cell phone for a few hours, then stay at home.
How did these people live without cell phones?

Last edited:
Its a fine idea if people can follow the rules that are in place. However, I'm sure there will be incidences that happen with this new policy and I don't envy the golfer who is subjected to those. In my opinion people should do just fine without their phones for a few hours while attending a golf tournament.

I actually think it's a good idea. I hope the players post about there decision making process.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

It's about money. People want their phones and they aren't going to attend a golf tournament if they can't bring their phones. At least most people wont attend.

If a person needs to talk on their cell that bad they ought to save themselves the price of the ticket. I guess thats what they'd be talking about though. I've forgotten to turn mine off during a round and have received some pretty funny looks when it went off. I sure don't call or answer anyone during a round.

Back