How Many Tournaments Do You Play In Each Year?

How Many Tournaments Do You Play In Each Year?

• Total voters

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
The Morgan Cup made me think of this, as I know a lot of people may play in some additional events this year to get "tournament tough".

So how many events do you play in, NOT SCRAMBLES, that have payouts/trophies to the winners.

I don't count scrambles because there really not any pressure in those and most of them are "fun" events.

I play in none, other than an occasional scramble, and those are more for fun than anything.

not so much formal tournaments as outings, charity events, probably 3-4 year

Zilch, I'm not serious enough.

I should have read the rules before voting. I generally only play 2 to 3 stand alone tournaments and 3 to 4 scrambles. I started playing in a men's league last year as well, but thats a weekly scramble as well.

I usually only play the club championship although I plan on playing a few more this year.

---I always play in our city mid-am and city amateur.
---Last year I played in the Texas Mid-Am qualifier. (I let nerves get to me in this one. I was pretty amped up about it being a "big event" and could never calm myself down).
---Our golf association has an event every other week. I play in 5-6 of those, along with the season ending association championship.
---I play in 1 serious scramble every year

I played with the golf channel am tour. That was a ton of fun. I also play in most the local tournaments. Also, anytime there are armed forces events, I play in those, love the pre round trash talking that is involved.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I played with the golf channel am tour. That was a ton of fun. I also play in most the local tournaments. Also, anytime there are armed forces events, I play in those, love the pre round trash talking that is involved.

Does the GC AM Tour have any officials on the course or is it all on the honor system? I played in something years ago (I thinks it was connected to Dick's or GG somehow) and the group in front of us who were in the woods, in the water, basically anywhere but on the course, somehow came in -22!!! made us so sick we walked out of the awards banquet. That's what I would rather just play for fun most times...

0 for me. Not quite good enough.... yet!

Last year I played in as many tournaments as I could get away with! Our association has at least one per month, plus the club championship. Only two of the association tournaments are scrambles. If time allows I'm gonna give the GC AMtour a shot this year to. We also have a Tuesday league, nine hole shoot out that is match play that runs most of the summer.

While only within my club, I play in serious payout events most every Saturday at my club. I also play in the club championships, both singles, doubles, and team events. It's been a couple years, but I have also played in WI State Amateur qualifiers and have played in one State Amateur. As a younger man, I also played in local tournaments. This coming Summer I will be playing two father/daughter events with my little girl, one of which is sanctioned by the WSGA. I turn 50 in March, and will also most likely play in a couple WSGA senior events this coming season. To be honest, I was waiting for the clock to turn over the last several years, as my distance is such that I no longer can compete well from 7,000 yards with the youngsters.

Kevin

zero....

I play in a tournament league at my home course throughout the summer. Some buddies and I always play 5 or 6 captains choice tournaments as well.

I'd like to play in more events at my club, but there always seems to be a weekend conflict.

Last year I played 5. As of right now I have the following planned for the upcoming year:

-Manitoba Amateur Qualifier
-Golf Town National Amateur Series Qualifier
-MJT Manitoba Series
-Elmhurst Club Championship

I typically only play in 7 - 10 a year, but this year I've got 14 on the schedule already. I'm surprised my wife hasn't threatened to kick me out of the house already.

Does the GC AM Tour have any officials on the course or is it all on the honor system? I played in something years ago (I thinks it was connected to Dick's or GG somehow) and the group in front of us who were in the woods, in the water, basically anywhere but on the course, somehow came in -22!!! made us so sick we walked out of the awards banquet. That's what I would rather just play for fun most times...

It's definitely honor system. The golf chanel is mainly stroke play events. It was honestly a blast. Also in a couple of the big scrambles we play in people tend to use the old foot wedge.

Usually 4-7 for me. I'm involved with a couple orgs that have yearly scramble tournies, as well as my local club, county, and league championships. Haven't had the cojones to enter the State Am, yet...

0 since High School golf. I play in skins game every so often. I'm more for casual round and scrambles that work pays for.

Around 15.

In total, probably around 7-10 tourneys a year.

I play the GolfWeek Amateur Tour (the old eGolf tour) and play both the regualr and senior events. I also play in our club's singles match play, doubles match play, senior events, club championship, etc. Love to play competitive golf. Lowest round I've ever shot was in a tournament and one of the highest scores I've ever shot was in a tournament.

I play about 4-7 tournaments a year.

Usually around seven. I'm hoping to get in around ten this year.

Back