What would your car be if...

Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
I got 2 tickets to the Chicago auto show at Christmas time from my girlfriend and took my dad this week. Cars are my second passion, clearly golf is my first, so I was in heaven at the auto show. There are some really interesting and cool cars coming out.

We were walking between the last two exhibits when my dad asked me if I were to win the lottery, which car would I buy, just one. I have a list of cars that I would buy, Nissan GTR, Audi A8L, Porsche Panamera, SLS AMG...

But if I could only have one right now I would pick the Ferrari 599GTB Fiorno, my dad's pick was the Lamborghini Murcielago.
View attachment 2020View attachment 2021
So my question is, assuming you have a practical car already, what would you buy?

The new McLaren MP4-12C if I wanted an "affordable" hypercar.
If I wanted an "unaffordable" hypercar: Koenigsegg Agera
Realistic Supercar: Dodge Viper

Dream CAR? 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS...my all time favorite. I love American muscle-cars, with an absolute passion. Just not in to all the fancy sports/performance cars, gorgeous, but not my thing.

The only foreign car I would own...

silver-porsche-carrera-gt-back.jpg

The new McLaren MP4-12C if I wanted an "affordable" hypercar.
If I wanted an "unaffordable" hypercar: Koenigsegg Agera
Realistic Supercar: Dodge Viper

Dodge Viper has been my favorite car since I was a kid, can't wait to see what they will bring it back as next year.

Ferrari F430 or Lambo LP560-4

One of my classmates from highschool's dad had one of these. THey sold it and bought an F430 because the GT was too much of a handful!

Jman: I agree, I'm all domestic, except when it comes to mid-engined exotica. The Ford GT is beautiful, but sometimes the extravagance of the european makes cannot be denied.
If I were to have a muscle car, it would be a '70 AAR Cuda/Challenger TA or a '69 Charger R/T. I'd send it to XV motorsports in Ontario for a full suspension re-vamp so it coulud pull 1.0G+ on the skid pad, and a new crate hemi. For teh cool price of $250k + car.

It would be a truck. Only reason I drive a car now is for gas mileage. Not sure what, but if MPG were not an issue, I'd get a fully loaded full size pickup that has 4 wheel drive. Maybe a Ford, maybe a Chevy. A dually would be nice.

Dream CAR? 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS...my all time favorite. I love American muscle-cars, with an absolute passion. Just not in to all the fancy sports/performance cars, gorgeous, but not my thing.

I'd go with the 70 Chevelle SS if we're going with all-time favorite.

If I had to go with something coming off the factory line I'd get a Dodge diesel (only because of the Cummins) and put the roids to it with all the after market stuff to pump out some 1000+ ponies.

I saw one of these at the Porshe dealership, it was in for an oil change, they brought it in by Semi and the oil change cost $2,700 OUCH!

But an amazing car

I saw one of these at the Porshe dealership, it was in for an oil change, they brought it in by Semi and the oil change cost $2,700 OUCH!

But an amazing car

It's either a brake job or a new clutch is $30K on the GT (both ceramic)

One of my classmates from highschool's dad had one of these. THey sold it and bought an F430 because the GT was too much of a handful!

Jman: I agree, I'm all domestic, except when it comes to mid-engined exotica. The Ford GT is beautiful, but sometimes the extravagance of the european makes cannot be denied.
If I were to have a muscle car, it would be a '70 AAR Cuda/Challenger TA or a '69 Charger R/T. I'd send it to XV motorsports in Ontario for a full suspension re-vamp so it coulud pull 1.0G+ on the skid pad, and a new crate hemi. For teh cool price of $250k + car.

I have heard of a lot of problems with the Ford GT, beautiful car by the way. I watch the BBC America Top Gear show and one of the hosts bought one, brought it to their test track and the car wouldn't start. Later he found out the the anti theft system had cut the engine, then the alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason and her even got a call from Ford, while he was driving his car, telling him that it had been stolen.

It would be a truck. Only reason I drive a car now is for gas mileage. Not sure what, but if MPG were not an issue, I'd get a fully loaded full size pickup that has 4 wheel drive. Maybe a Ford, maybe a Chevy. A dually would be nice.

Saw the new Ford Raptor at the auto show, it was pretty cool looking and it replaced the Lightning so they have all the high performance mods on it BUT it is built to off road!

I have heard of a lot of problems with the Ford GT, beautiful car by the way. I watch the BBC America Top Gear show and one of the hosts bought one, brought it to their test track and the car wouldn't start. Later he found out the the anti theft system had cut the engine, then the alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason and her even got a call from Ford, while he was driving his car, telling him that it had been stolen.

I think Jeremy's car was a lemon. I know a few people who own multiple ones here in town and they never have problems like he did.

I think Jeremy's car was a lemon. I know a few people who own multiple ones here in town and they never have problems like he did.

That's an expensive lemon!

I would have to do either the Veyron (obvious choice), the Zonda R or the Porsche GT3RS...all ridiculous beasts!

Saw the new Ford Raptor at the auto show, it was pretty cool looking and it replaced the Lightning so they have all the high performance mods on it BUT it is built to off road!

One of my friends has a lightning. It has to be embarrassing when you get beat by a pickup truck! hahaha

The Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe...

images

Hennessey Performance will take your Raptor and turn it into a VelociRaptor 600 (602HP) or VelociRaptor 800 (810HP) that should be fun...if not deadly!!!

Hands down the SLS AMG. Always been a big Benz fan.

Hands down the SLS AMG. Always been a big Benz fan.

Interesting fact of the day: there are rumours that Mercedes stole that car from Dodge. It was supposed to be the new Viper.
I'm glad they took it because the SLS handles like a dog.

Back