TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

Home run, you and little bro stepped the creativity up to unsurpassed level.

We had a blast! We've talked about these irons the entire drive. I must say, I love the sound of the ball off these irons. We have some more video for this thread.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

We had a blast! We've talked about these irons the entire drive. I must say, I love the sound of the ball off these irons. We have some more video for this thread.

I can't wait!

Good stuff.

JB...nice write-up. Looking forward to taking a few swings with them this weekend.

So you learned to hit righty and took some swings with them?

Cool! I'll be waiting for that!

So you learned to hit righty and took some swings with them?

Nah....but I am not deaf and hearing my brother hit them they sounded very, very crisp. I might even say "lively".

Nah....but I am not deaf and hearing my brother hit them they sounded very, very crisp. I might even say "lively".

Look forward to some more pron. Load it up.

Great pics and video One-T. And what self control you have not to have ripped the box open right on your door step!

+1 to what OEM said about the label "Custom order do no refuse" lol...yeah right. That needs to be cut out and framed.

:clapp: Great job Taylormade.

You guys are killing me with the comparisons to the R9 irons, because I just said the other day that I'd be keeping my R9 irons in my bag all year because I wasn't going to be in the market for new irons! Looking forward to hearing more thoughts from those that hit these clubs.

One-T: When you hitting the new sticks. I want to know your thoughts on them man!

Some Taylormade goodies arrived at Hanks' house tonight! I truly had a 'box of chocolates' moment because I had no idea what I was going to get! Much to my surprise and joy, I got the CB's and let me tell you these things do not disappoint. They are both sleek and powerful looking. Kind of like a pickup truck with tinted windows. The first thing I noticed was the gleam of the chrome which may or may not be an issue with sun glare but I'll find out soon enough with these. I almost think a brushed nickel/chrome finish would be better. Similar to the finish that is in the cavity itself perhaps? Next you're drawn to the 'bolt' on the back of the iron which I think definitely finishes off the club nicely, thank you very much. I'm curious to see if this has an effect on feel and performance when hitting the sweet spot. Next you notice that the weighting of these clubs is darn near even and perfect. You feel just enough of the club in your swing but you can also tell that swing speed is going to be increased a tad. Finally, for all you top-liners out there, the top line is just right. Not too thick and definitely not like its MB cousin's skinny profile. The club inspires confidence at address and I can't wait to hit these at the range tomorrow after work. They will also be getting some time at the indoor range this weekend too. I expect to hit almost 400 balls this weekend with them so I should have some more detailed thoughts about these things as the weekend passes.

Here are some pictures of the PW....

c311ab5c.jpg
[/IMG]
0b85b222.jpg
[/IMG]
3a2ad0eb.jpg
[/IMG]
ded2ff56.jpg
[/IMG]

looking good Hanks! 400 shots over the weekend?

Looking good Hanks! Enjoy the new irons bro and looking forward to your reviews.

Glad to see you got them, Hanks! Agree 100% on the weighting. Not sure I've felt a club that was so balanced in my hands.

Jrod and I have about 2 hours of range time Saturday, followed by 18 holes on the Sim. Then, we have a couple hours of range time on Sunday morning. We will be sore afterwards for sure.

So on a scale of difficulty to hit.. would it go:
MB
MC
CB
?

Last edited:
Here ya go. This is a great video talking about the irons and who they are for.

Sorry, I don't see a video...

Oh..my... The 2.0 are going back to goftown.. Love the look of these..
L57

Back