What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... We have an understanding though. Plus someone mentioned Chromax. You know how much I love the Chromax brand!

One-T is gonna be jealous Yoccos

I'm surprised as well Paulo
Surprised at that. I find the Penta quite soft, although granted a little more solid off the putter face.

You find the E6 softer?

Really? I hit the Penta a few times and thought it was by far softer than the e6. This is a great example of feel being very personal and subjectiv
I tried to play a Taylormade Penta and it was just not soft enough for me. I play an E6. I thought I might like more spin but it was just too hard.

It was the 1st time I had used a chromax. I couldn't tell anything about the putting though. The greens had been areated and it was difficult to tell. I am looking forward to playing thus ball again.

I agree. I feel the Penta is heavier which would impact my feel on the mishits more. I think overall the E6 just felt easier to hit and maybe easier to compress off the irons. But the Penta was a lot softer when struck well. If that made sense haha.

I'm surprised as well Paulo

Really? I hit the Penta a few times and thought it was by far softer than the e6. This is a great example of feel being very personal and subjectiv

I loved putting with it. It takes a little bit of an adjustment imo but once you have it down, it really works well. After hitting a lot of balls after it, I'm not sure it was the best feeling off the putter but I had a lot of great results.

It was the 1st time I had used a chromax. I couldn't tell anything about the putting though. The greens had been areated and it was difficult to tell. I am looking forward to playing thus ball again.

The Penta was by far the softest ball Ive played and least durable too.

The Penta was by far the softest ball Ive played and least durable too.

I've heard a lot of people say it wasn't durable, but it's been fine for me. Maybe the grooves on my irons just didn't get near enough to it!

I've heard a lot of people say it wasn't durable, but it's been fine for me. Maybe the grooves on my irons just didn't get near enough to it!

The Callaway Jaws weges just shred these to pieces

Surprised at that. I find the Penta quite soft, although granted a little more solid off the putter face.

You find the E6 softer?

Wow Im surprised at the opinion of how soft others think the penta is. I can feel the compression on the E6 a lot better than the Penta. The Penta seems more like the V1 off the club head. Different strokes for different folks.maybe it just my slow club head speed not getting anything on the Penta. But Ya I think the E6 is softer and the cover holds up better for sure.

Wow Im surprised at the opinion of how soft others think the penta is. I can feel the compression on the E6 a lot better than the Penta. The Penta seems more like the V1 off the club head. Different strokes for different folks.maybe it just my slow club head speed not getting anything on the Penta. But Ya I think the E6 is softer and the cover holds up better for sure.

As others have already said, it goes to show how feel is very subjective and you never know!

For instance, I think the Pro V1 (last years) feels very soft off my driver, even compared to the Penta. But you're right, it's about fitting a ball to your game, and it would make perfect sense that different golfers judge all these balls differently.

Penta. I like the feel and it has pretty low driver spin for me, and it has a good amount of wedge spin.

Wow, I haven't had any durability issues with the Penta. I might get a scuff from a wedge every now and then, but they aren't nearly as bad as the pro v1x's.

The only tour ball that my wedges have not just tore up to shreds is the ZStar.

The only tour ball that my wedges have not just tore up to shreds is the ZStar.

Really? How about the B330 or B330-S? I find those to be as good or better than the Z Stars.

This weekend will be a hodge podge of balls for me. I have a half-dozen e6 (yellow), 3 topflight gamers, and a pouch of misc tour balls (penta, RX, 330S, and zstar). Plan on playing the e6s but want to test the spin on my new wedges with a tour ball.

I like the e6 but feel like I am loosing distance with it. Once I get into season I'll go back to a premium balls. 2 dozen pentas in the garage from last season need to get lost!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Really? How about the B330 or B330-S? I find those to be as good or better than the Z Stars.

I played the B330 for a couple rounds and I did tear the cover pretty good a few times. I have peeled some ZStar's, but generally, they are pretty durable. I don't really have any experience with the 330-S. With the B330, I was actually dangling the ball by a peice of the cover that the wedge took off.

I absolutely love the B330's though. They are definitely durable for a tour level ball. I think Bridgestone might be the best ball manufacturer of golf balls in the world.

My 3 year old found a Vision golf ball last night during our round. From my research they come from Australia. I hit a few shots with it, and I can say it was very hot off my putter, even in the soggy conditions. Ill post a picture of it tonight when I get home. Its a pretty cool ball. The numbers are huge.

I play Vision balls for a lot of my rounds currently and like them quite a bit. The one your son found that is pictured is one of their more distance oriented balls. I personally like them quite a bit. The pinky is an excellent distance ball and the UVX3 is very coompairible to the Z Star for me. Generally when I pull the z star out it's because I'm running low on the X3's.

I played Callaway CB-1 Tour balls yesterday, and had a really nice round. Never heard of them before, got them for Christmas as a gift. Felt pretty solid off the tee and irons, and even spun pretty good on the greens.

Apparently its a 3 piece ball with ionomer cover (based on the box details). I don't want to like them, but can I really not keep playing them when I hit 15 greens in regulation? I almost feel obligated to use them up!

e-6 was the gaming ball. When i was waiting for a teebox i practiced some chips with the b330 rxs. I love the feel/spin of it around the greens. The E-6 is nice for me off the tee- think its the straightest ball ive ever hit.

That is awesome! I'm not sure why but they sound familiar. Nice shootin though!

I played Callaway CB-1 Tour balls yesterday, and had a really nice round. Never heard of them before, got them for Christmas as a gift. Felt pretty solid off the tee and irons, and even spun pretty good on the greens.

Apparently its a 3 piece ball with ionomer cover (based on the box details). I don't want to like them, but can I really not keep playing them when I hit 15 greens in regulation? I almost feel obligated to use them up!

That is ridiculous man! I need to look those balls up.

That is ridiculous man! I need to look those balls up.

I tried to Google them and got nothing ... here's the box:

aefc550c-c9fa-7a14.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back