TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

Tomorrow I will lay my hands on these and Im really looking forward to it.

I'm telling you, pictures do them NO justice. You'll be very, very impressed (assuming they're what you get)

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I still have no clue what I'm getting, really hoping they show up tomorrow. I'm guessing CB's or MC's. Been enjoying the videos you guys have been throwing up on here, may have to follow suit.

They really do. I hit quite a few balls with them today, actually enough to almost wear a blister in my hand. I am a little tired but I will do my best right now. Address is excellent, I not once noticed the screw in the back but I have to say that I like it. To me, it seems like the club is made for hitting a golf ball and hitting it well. The tour velvet grips are wonderful, and I am glad I stayed with the standard. They are sof but still give me feedback. The iron weight is incredible...they seem balanced and its something I do not focus on when over the ball. As you see I was hittin on a horrible range but I will say thqt this club had no problem getting through the turf. So far I am very impressed with these irons and look forward to getting them on the course.

Cant wait to hear the trials and tribulations of the rest of the weekend bro! Good luck with the sexy new sticks.
They really do. I hit quite a few balls with them today, actually enough to almost wear a blister in my hand. I am a little tired but I will do my best right now. Address is excellent, I not once noticed the screw in the back but I have to say that I like it. To me, it seems like the club is made for hitting a golf ball and hitting it well. The tour velvet grips are wonderful, and I am glad I stayed with the standard. They are sof but still give me feedback. The iron weight is incredible...they seem balanced and its something I do not focus on when over the ball. As you see I was hittin on a horrible range but I will say thqt this club had no problem getting through the turf. So far I am very impressed with these irons and look forward to getting them on the course.

Good stuff you two, the sound was really nice coming off those clubs.
One question, what is "MacDonalds"?

You guys are going to start giving Ben Crane a run for his video making money. Those were some hilarious videos. Very informational too.

you're assuming I brought them with me..hehehe

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to put the bag in the car. This day is going to drag until I can break out to hit these at the range. Really excited to see if I can echo the thoughts and feelings of One-T's initial views
Tomorrow I will lay my hands on these and Im really looking forward to it.

you're assuming I brought them with me..hehehe

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to put the bag in the car. This day is going to drag until I can break out to hit these at the range. Really excited to see if I can echo the thoughts and feelings of One-T's initial views

No crazy talk now. Funny I cant wait to go to the range and not hit my clubs.

The first impressions have many thoughts racing through my mind. They look amazing and I cannot wait to see these up close at some point!

One T's videos had me cracking up but at the same time really impressed with the sound and ballflight.

It's been said already but I'll say it as well......the pics don't do these justice at all. Seeing them in person is totally different. The look is modern yet simple. Rugged yet sexy.
The first impressions have many thoughts racing through my mind. They look amazing and I cannot wait to see these up close at some point!

One T's videos had me cracking up but at the same time really impressed with the sound and ballflight.

Great videos there Team Calloway! Funny as heck! These irons look and sound amazing! How were they for miss-hits One-T? G4L has saying he lost about 20 yards off toe hits with the MC, noticing anything similar? How are they for vibrations? Any hand hurters?

One T and I are planning on getting together soon to compare the CB's and MC's. Going to be interesting to see the differences between the two.

One T and I are planning on getting together soon to compare the CB's and MC's. Going to be interesting to see the differences between the two.

That will be a great comparison! I'm looking forward to that!

I saw in the specs that the CB has a forged face and a cast body, does it have the same feel as a fully forged club?

The Calloway duo brought some great coverage. I hope to hear plenty more on how these work for all the tester.

t-minus 2 hours and change until I get to hit these....the sun finally broke out and feels every bit the 70* now. Had a cheesesteak with OEM Kevin at lunch today that needs some working off. new irons and a new driver is the perfect exercise!

So like Hanks said we had lunch but that was just so I could check out his CB's haha. Those sticks are seriously good looking. Its been said before but I'll say it again pictures just dont do them justice. A little shiny for my taste but that doesnt take away from just how good they look.

t-minus 2 hours and change until I get to hit these....the sun finally broke out and feels every bit the 70* now. Had a cheesesteak with OEM Kevin at lunch today that needs some working off. new irons and a new driver is the perfect exercise!

Looking forward to it Hanks!

LOL just saw the videos. Was laughing out loud in the store. People were looking at me like I was crazy - what's a girl to do right? Thanks Gentlemen for the laughs.

Haven't had a chance to check out the video's since i'm at work but those pictures look awesome. Love the initial impressions, can't wait to hear the long term feedback.

Today I was able to meet equipment tester Hanks at a range thats pretty close to both our places of work. Now this place does not have grass so I usually will hit more driver and 3W but today was different. Hanks had his brand new TM TP CB irons. So I wanted to throw some initial thoughts and impressions out there after spending some time with them. First thing that came to mind when I first saw them was clean. These are some very slick looking irons. They mean business but at the same time they dont have that unhittable "dont you dare think about hitting me" look to them. I spent some time warming up with my PW and a few 3W swings before trying the CB 8 iron. And before I took a few swings I saw Hanks just absolutely kill some shots too. He was really hitting them well. Let just say my first swing was pure and clean. These clubs make a distinct sound at impact thats hard to describe. its very unique but in a good way. Solid. Its a solid sound if that makes sense. When I went back to my Burner 2.0 it was a HUGE difference. In both feel and sound. It just wasnt the same. Distance was easily a club shorter with the CB's but thats to be expected. After we burned through 3 large buckets and it was getting dark I took a few more swings with the PW. Did they ever feel nice. I think for $899 these are some legit clubs. They were surgical in their precision but so smooth at the same time. I like them. Alot.

Gah! I'm going to be shaking by the time I get to range tomorrow.

Gah! I'm going to be shaking by the time I get to range tomorrow.

lol. I was slightly impressed. I'll be monitoring for updates Razr Hawk.

How was the ballflight for you compared to the 2.0's?

Back