Canadian THP Members?

wow 9I.. sucks to be both of us.. I always thought Alberta had great weather, guess not.

Only when we get chinooks. Then we're sitting pretty in our spring jackets.

And we very rarely get those up here. More just a southern Alberta thing. Edmonton is usually right up there with Winnipeg when it comes to crap-tastic weather. Heard on the radio that one of the City's snow dumps is full.

And we very rarely get those up here. More just a southern Alberta thing. Edmonton is usually right up there with Winnipeg when it comes to crap-tastic weather. Heard on the radio that one of the City's snow dumps is full.

What are chinooks?

As far as snow goes, we were 2 weeks into official winter and were already over budget for snow clearing.

What are chinooks?

As far as snow goes, we were 2 weeks into official winter and were already over budget for snow clearing.

Same for us with the snow. One good dump and it takes weeks to get it all cleared away.

Chinooks are warm winds that come off the mountains. Edmonton is too far north and too far away from them to reap their benefits.

Same for us with the snow. One good dump and it takes weeks to get it all cleared away.

Chinooks are warm winds that come off the mountains. Edmonton is too far north and too far away from them to reap their benefits.

Oh yea that's right I heard about them when I was in Edmonton a few years back. We were doing sooo good and could actually see grasss at some points around here and then we just got dumped on last night. When that happens all I think about is how many more days our golf season is going to get delayed.

Oh yea that's right I heard about them when I was in Edmonton a few years back. We were doing sooo good and could actually see grasss at some points around here and then we just got dumped on last night. When that happens all I think about is how many more days our golf season is going to get delayed.

Man, I hear ya. We've actually had quite a few days above 0 in the last month, but it's always followed up with a cold snap. At the beginning of this week we were above 0 and now look where we are at. :crying:

During the warm days, the snow has been melting, but we've gotten so much of it this winter there's still a long ways to go before it all melts. I'm hoping it warms up here soon so I can get out there and practice. I'm not going to have much time before the Outing in May if things don't smarten up soon. Days like today don't help the cause.

Of course. Based in Seymour, WI, which also proclaims itself the birthplace of the hamburger. That is up for debate.

I braise a mean veal shank. I don't know why it's so mean. Tough upbringing I guess.

If you like liver, and even if you don't, Foie Gras is really good. It's super good. It's really super good.

Kevin

Just in case any one doesn't eat liver (which I don't), I'd say Foie Gras tastes more like duck fat or duck skin. Mmmm... served seared, at a fine restaurant, is just amazing, although terrine is also very good (although I've found that the terrine has a hint of liver flavor).

Also, darn all of you for talking about poutine. I have a wicked craving and I'm pregnant... so I'm pretty sure this is one itch that is going to have to be scratched. Yelp and Chowhound, here I come, looking for some decent poutine...

Ok back to weather banter for your true Canadians... just to note, it's cold and rainy here in S. Cal. We might even get some thunder and hail today. Blech.

Another Maritimer here. Gotta love the east coast. We are starting to heat up now, hopefully we can get rid of this snow. Maritime THP outing in the spring? We might even have 2 groups :clap:

And one more thing... when (like what holiday) do Canadians eat a traditional turkey dinner? Also on (Canadian) Thanksgiving?

Man, I hear ya. We've actually had quite a few days above 0 in the last month, but it's always followed up with a cold snap. At the beginning of this week we were above 0 and now look where we are at. :crying:

During the warm days, the snow has been melting, but we've gotten so much of it this winter there's still a long ways to go before it all melts. I'm hoping it warms up here soon so I can get out there and practice. I'm not going to have much time before the Outing in May if things don't smarten up soon. Days like today don't help the cause.

Do you specifically remember your first golfing date last year 9? I remember for us it was March 27th which was great. It was still freezing, but golfable. Just hoping we get that early this year.

And one more thing... when (like what holiday) do Canadians eat a traditional turkey dinner? Also on (Canadian) Thanksgiving?

Yep we have the same Thanksgiving you do just on a different day and Pilgrims have nothing to do with it.

Yep we have the same Thanksgiving you do just on a different day and Pilgrims have nothing to do with it.

Breeze I dunno what it is but everything you say on here reminds me of a TV show:

[youtube]0V2JVEt3pjY[/youtube]

Do you specifically remember your first golfing date last year 9? I remember for us it was March 27th which was great. It was still freezing, but golfable. Just hoping we get that early this year.

I really don't remember, but I'd guess I didn't play until late April or early May. Got some range time in before that, but I'm really not sure. That's one of the things that I'm going to keep better track off this year.

Gotta say I was out of the office all day today and most of this thread but I love the Canadian thread idea. To sum up my thoughts from what I missed today, poutine is awesome is all forms but with duck fat it is glorious. Fries dipped in mayo is both a canadian thing and a Europian thing and it is good, but flavored mayo is better and Aioli is another step up from that. Prairie winters suck and you should all move to BC and play golf year round with myself and Super Tuna.

Also Patty is now my favorite person on the site with all of her Canadian love!

I loved SCTV and The Kids in the Hall.

Kevin

Gotta say I was out of the office all day today and most of this thread but I love the Canadian thread idea. To sum up my thoughts from what I missed today, poutine is awesome is all forms but with duck fat it is glorious. Fries dipped in mayo is both a canadian thing and a Europian thing and it is good, but flavored mayo is better and Aioli is another step up from that. Prairie winters suck and you should all move to BC and play golf year round with myself and Super Tuna.

Never tried fries with mayo.. but maybe Fries with Mcchicken sauce counts? Speaking of just a Canadian thing, I was in Florida and I went to a mcdonalds and tried to order a Junior Chicken, they have never heard of such a thing. Then I asked for Mcchicken sauce and they have never heard of that either. They thought I was crazy so I had to explain I was from Canada.

Haha very funny, you guys may have your cool candies and snacks that we don't have but we have Mcchicken sauce. Boom.

I loved McChicken sauce back in the days when I eat McD's. I rarely eat fries these days but when I do I have to go big, mayo or aioli, or poutine. Also to anyone that hasn't tried poutine it must be fries, gravy, and CHEESE CURDS. Melted cheese is not OK, I have returned many a pountine in my day because they melted some cheddar on top, not cool.

Haha very funny, you guys may have your cool candies and snacks that we don't have but we have Mcchicken sauce. Boom.

What is McChicken sauce?

Oh... and I do love many things Canadian, but not ketchup chips (yuck!).

LOL @Coolbreeze. I love vacationing in Canada and everyone there is so nice and respectful. It's a different mind set from the states and I really like (love?) it.

I loved McChicken sauce back in the days when I eat McD's. I rarely eat fries these days but when I do I have to go big, mayo or aioli, or poutine. Also to anyone that hasn't tried poutine it must be fries, gravy, and CHEESE CURDS. Melted cheese is not OK, I have returned many a pountine in my day because they melted some cheddar on top, not cool.

Cheese curds? Just those little chunks of cheese? Breeze that's awful. Melted cheese is where it's at.

What is McChicken sauce?

LOL @Coolbreeze. I love vacationing in Canada and everyone there is so nice and respectful. It's a different mind set from the states and I really like (love?) it.

It's like mayo with sugar Patty. it comes in little packages at mcdonalds.

What is McChicken sauce?

Thanks Patty you are welcome in Canada anytime and if you and your husband make it out to beautiful Vancouver Island one day, my wife and I will show you a good time. Ketchup chips are not my favorite but they are good from time to time. McChicken sauce is basically a slightly flavored mayo that McDonalds in Canada puts on the McChicken burger, and you can also get packets of it like Ketchup packs, if you don't think your McDonalds is fatty enough and want to dip your fries in mayo.

Cheese curds? Just those little chunks of cheese? Breeze that's awful. Melted cheese is where it's at.

Then you sir are not eating Poutine, you're eating a bastardized version that might still be good to you but it is not poutine.

Then you sir are not eating Poutine, you're eating a bastardized version that might still be good to you but it is not poutine.

With cheese curds you don't get the full cheese experience, what if you get a bite without a cheese curd? Just fries with gravy :D You need to try the new updated poutine :p

Back