What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice round Russ

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

Nice round Russ.

Shot 86 today in winds that were a steady 20 mph with gusts to 30! Very happy with my game today.

thanks guys... hope its not a fluke

Forgot to post yesterday but the first time out in 2011 shot a 39! Today I shot a 41... winds were steady at 25mph, I'll take it!

Forgot to post yesterday but the first time out in 2011 shot a 39! Today I shot a 41... winds were steady at 25mph, I'll take it!

Those are some good first rounds of the year. Keep going strong!

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

My driver is great right now but everything else is hit and miss. I hit the ball so good yesterday and then shot 94 today. I'm literally worn out from playing every day this past week. Time to take a day off tomorrow and rest up for the big weekend of golf with the THP guys in N. GA.

My driver is great right now but everything else is hit and miss. I hit the ball so good yesterday and then shot 94 today. I'm literally worn out from playing every day this past week. Time to take a day off tomorrow and rest up for the big weekend of golf with the THP guys in N. GA.

I really wish I could play 3-4 times per week.... I guess I will retire someday...lol
Even though I "want" to play that much, I would probably have to temper it with doing something else so as not to burn out or wear down my golf muscles....

So - was really mad i didnt get to get out this am - i was on my way to work and i get about halfway there - dead stop in traffic. Its 3 in the afternoon - it should be clear. Somethings wrong. I dont move for the next 45 mins. While im stopped - a traffic update: Mobile Meth Lab involved in an accident - or stopped - driver tells the cop this thing might blow- they shut down the interstate in all directions. Haz Mat has to come out and clean it up - i still never got close enough to see it - I called work told them i was turning around and going home - called in another bartender (who lives 5 mins from the restaurant) and told him the situation and asked him to cover for me.

So im driving home now - and thinking, hell its almost 5 i wonder if i can get 9 holes in.. LOL run home change throw the clubs in the trunk and fly to the course. Its bad conditions but very warm - 62 - the wind had calmed down. The fairways were ok - pretty wet and muddy - the ball didnt run at all - just hit the ground and sunk. Same with the approached - the balls look like a fried egg. So not great conditions but managed a 46. Putts were almost impossible they were so wet. You had to hit them real firm. I got used to it towards the end - holed two decent ones - one was maybe 8 feet, the other was close to 6 paces maybe 17 feet.

Ended up with 2 pars - 1 double bogey - the rest were all bogeys - so i was happy with the first round out. No warmup, no putting practice. Though i doubt it would have helped in the conditions. One more day of 60 weather then snow probalby this weekend LOL love it.

Got to play a simulator today, Snow is almost gone in Chicagoland so I hope it wont be too long before we can get to a real course. Played Banff Springs (which I think is in canada) and shot a 100:bad: , Chipping and putting was hard to get used to on the simulator. Seems like sometimes its more about where you hit on the screen then the type of shot you hit or how hard you hit, but it was nice to finally swing the clubs again!!!

So - was really mad i didnt get to get out this am - i was on my way to work and i get about halfway there - dead stop in traffic. Its 3 in the afternoon - it should be clear. Somethings wrong. I dont move for the next 45 mins. While im stopped - a traffic update: Mobile Meth Lab involved in an accident - or stopped - driver tells the cop this thing might blow- they shut down the interstate in all directions. Haz Mat has to come out and clean it up - i still never got close enough to see it - I called work told them i was turning around and going home - called in another bartender (who lives 5 mins from the restaurant) and told him the situation and asked him to cover for me.

So im driving home now - and thinking, hell its almost 5 i wonder if i can get 9 holes in.. LOL run home change throw the clubs in the trunk and fly to the course. Its bad conditions but very warm - 62 - the wind had calmed down. The fairways were ok - pretty wet and muddy - the ball didnt run at all - just hit the ground and sunk. Same with the approached - the balls look like a fried egg. So not great conditions but managed a 46. Putts were almost impossible they were so wet. You had to hit them real firm. I got used to it towards the end - holed two decent ones - one was maybe 8 feet, the other was close to 6 paces maybe 17 feet.

Ended up with 2 pars - 1 double bogey - the rest were all bogeys - so i was happy with the first round out. No warmup, no putting practice. Though i doubt it would have helped in the conditions. One more day of 60 weather then snow probalby this weekend LOL love it.
Good for you CG! You got an early peak at mud season. Glad to hear you were able to at least play nine in 60º weather. I'm sure old man winter will come roaring back. We still have a foot of snow on the ground, even though we were in the high 40s today. We're supposed to hit the high 50s tomorrow then low 30s on Saturday.

Bizarre story about the meth lab.

Finally, I made it out today! First round of theseason and quite happy with an 85, even though I shot a 40 on the front and 45 on the back with an 8 at the 16th hole par 3, lol. We started with 25 mph winds that escalated to 35 by the time we we finishing our round. The only par three on the course was a very narrow 179 yards against that wicked wind with ob right. I was on off the tee the first time around, but sliced two out on the back for an eight.

It was nice getting back out and my short game was on fire. Wedges were smoking, 5 and 6 iron on fire, but the driver was a bit rough in the wind.

I shot 2 over. however I only played two holes then it started raining like crazy. Had to call it a day.

Finally, I made it out today! First round of theseason and quite happy with an 85, even though I shot a 40 on the front and 45 on the back with an 8 at the 16th hole par 3, lol. We started with 25 mph winds that escalated to 35 by the time we we finishing our round. The only par three on the course was a very narrow 179 yards against that wicked wind with ob right. I was on off the tee the first time around, but sliced two out on the back for an eight.

It was nice getting back out and my short game was on fire. Wedges were smoking, 5 and 6 iron on fire, but the driver was a bit rough in the wind.
Nice round Due. It's nice to see some northerner's are finally getting a chance to play.

Played my first round of the year today!

1-Par 3- Double bogey. First shot of the year O.B.
2-Par 4- Par. Fir, hit the green to about 30 ft and 2 putted
3-Par 3- Bogey. Missed green back right. Green slopes away from chipping area.
4-Par 4- Bogey. Missed fairway. missed green right. Thin flop shot to other side of green.
5-Par 3- Par. 12 footer for birdie missed.
6-Par 4- Birdie- Drivable. Laid up to 80 yards. Hit to 8 ft for bird
7-Par 3- Par- Hit short just missing green. Up & down for par
8-Par 4- Par- Fir,Gir to around 20 ft, 2 putt
9-Par 4- Par- Fir, Just came up short on green. 2 putt for par

Overall I am very happy how I came back after the 4 over through 4 start. First round of the year and my putting was good. No three putts. Only missed one fairway. I didn't do anything to good or to bad, but it was just great to be playing again. Sure wish I could've made the birdie on 5 though. Par 32 course, 35 for the first round! :clapp:

Nice round Due. It's nice to see some northerner's are finally getting a chance to play.

Thanks, I was pretty surprised I did as well as that after the long layoff. Cold weather is coming back in, but should be short lived at this point.

I drove down to Cape Cod and played 18 today. Unlike the Boston area, which was in the low 60s and still buried in snow, the course I played was free of snow but in the temps were in the mid-40s, it was extremely windy, and the course was wet. Only the front nine was open so I played it twice. I shot a 51/38. Guess I needed to shake off some of the rust. LOL

After such a long lay off it felt great being back on a golf course...and seeing grass. Temps are supposed to plunge again tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future, so I'm glad I made the trek.

Shot 83 today. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, kinda round.

Got off work early today and played 9 holes , shot a 41 , 66* and a 20-25 mph wind . not to bad since I have not hit a ball since the end of October .
No I didnt use the Mizzies I won , but if the weather holds this weekend I may take them out for a test .
I think bulldog and I will try and get in a round Sunday :D Just dont know where yet .

Played two balls today, Orange and Yellow both E6, High winds about 35mph Orange 83... Yellow 86. Orange Wins first time ever.

Played 27 with 13 clubs, Nickent driver/4w and no hybrids (4 irons shots were uuuuuuuugly lol)

87 on the full 18 with a triple, two doubles, and 7 bogeys....but hey, I did have 8 pars! 3rd round of the year so I'll take it and run.

43 on the 9 I played and that was with a triple and a double.

Blow up holes are killing me, that and the distances on the 2.0's cost me quite a few strokes as I cleared several greens playing to my old iron distances, 150 yard 9-iron kind of freaked me the hell out.

GOOD start to the year for me, I will break 80 this season, I want it something terrible.

I shot 85 (46,39) today at our GA get together. My back 9 was so much better than my front nine. I had an 8 on #2 hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back