What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play Vision balls for a lot of my rounds currently and like them quite a bit. The one your son found that is pictured is one of their more distance oriented balls. I personally like them quite a bit. The pinky is an excellent distance ball and the UVX3 is very coompairible to the Z Star for me. Generally when I pull the z star out it's because I'm running low on the X3's.

I actually went back to the course and I found out that they stock them there. They have three types at the course. Pretty steep at $40 a dozen.

Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow for the 27 I played today.

This WILL be my ball of choice, after the first hole I played the same one all day. Good, good, stuff.

Played 18 with an orange chromax. It was super easy to find. Had my best round this year .

man im color blind and i would lose a ton of those balls even if they were in the middle of the fw hahaha

Costco usually sells those CB1's. I see them there all the time, 24 balls for $25-30 Canadian. Sounds like a good ball for the price!

Played with a Nike One Tour today and shot 83. First time out with this ball and I was surprised by how good it was.

Pro V1
Shot 77

Gave the new Srixon Z-Star XV a try today,softer feel than the X I had been using.Great control in the wind and improved feel on and around the greens,very impressed with it.Shot 2 under 70 in the breeze.

Curious to see what you think about the 11's. I have gamed them a few rounds this week with decent results. I like the feel and greenside spin, but durability is still a major issue. I actually think they are scuffing easier than the previous model.

Bridgestone B330-RX as well here. Was very surprised by this ball since it says it is for swing speeds around 85 mph or so and my swing speed with a driver is probably closer to 110mph.lol. but i cannot deny the fact that this ball is long, accurate, has a nice soft feel around and on the greens, and i don't shave half the cover off with one wedge shot. Durability is a big factor for the golf ball i use cause i can't stand to spend $3-$4 for a ball just to hit one wedge shot with it and have to use a new ball on the next hole cause i sliced the cover off it already. bridgestone is making some of the best golf balls out there right now in my opinion. Although in cold weather, i do switch to Pinnacle CLR (those clear Pinnacle balls from a couple years ago). Just to get that little extra distance when it's cold and wet out.

Shot 82 today playing a Bridgestone B330-RX. I like this ball but I don't know if it's going to kick the Z Star's out of the bag especially when I can get them for almost $20.00 less than the B-Stones.

Played with the Z-star today. First time ever really playing with a tour caliber ball, as I can't normally afford them. WOW! Does make a big difference. Loved the feel off the driver and with the putter. Not really sure about spin as I pretty much don't create any as it is and never made a good approach shot into the greens, all short. If I could find a way to afford these all the time, I don't think I'd ever play another ball. Beena srixon fan for a few years now, since the original tri-speed. I may have to go back to them when spring rolls around. Been playing the Diablo as my winter ball, and it's good and soft, but I think I got better distance witht he Z-Star.

Used an 08 Pro V1 today Hawk gave me and it felt really good. I have always heard the 08 version was much better than the 2010.

Played the new ProV1x. I loved the flight and spin, but they still cut on the first hard wedge shot. I'd rather play a B330-S or Penta just because they don't seem to cut like the ProV1's.

Played the new ProV1x. I loved the flight and spin, but they still cut on the first hard wedge shot. I'd rather play a B330-S or Penta just because they don't seem to cut like the ProV1's.

Same here. The new ones seem to scuff easier than last years model.

I actually found a Callaway Tour i(Z) ball on the course and played it for a few holes while switching it up with some Yellow Srixon Z Stars.

Distance wise I found the Tour i(Z) and the Z Star to be EXACTLY the same. In fact, on the 9th hole, I hit both balls within 2 feet of one another.

What I was very surprised by was the amount of spin I was getting from the i(Z) with my short irons. It seemed like every shot I was throwing at the green was stopping dead. The Z Star had some release, but not nearly the same amount of spin as the i(Z).

I will say that I love the visibility of the yellow golf ball. I am looking forward to trying to B330RX in yellow when they come out.

I found a ball that was half orange and half yellow called nitro eclipse. I looked online but can't find them anywhere for sale. I liked the way I putted with it. Looks like it would make a great practice ball. I put it in my bag, but I can't find it to take a pic.

I found a ball that was half orange and half yellow called nitro eclipse. I looked online but can't find them anywhere for sale. I liked the way I putted with it. Looks like it would make a great practice ball. I put it in my bag, but I can't find it to take a pic.

they sell them at kmart over here

Today I played the yellow e6 and shot an 88 so I can't complain. That ball seems to work pretty well for me in the cooler temps and I love how easy they are to see.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Shot 78 today with a yellow Srixon Z Star and loved it as usual. The Z Star just seems to really work well for my game.

Shot 78 today with a yellow Srixon Z Star and loved it as usual. The Z Star just seems to really work well for my game.

Have to call you lowscoreinky!
Played the Cally Big bertha Diablo today - shot 88 and lost one ball - first time I hadn't played an e6 in a long time - actually like the cally a lot - seems a touch softer - good for flop n stops and putting felt good too.

I played an E7 today instead of my usual E6. looking for a ball with a little less loft. The E7 felt different then the E6 but im not sure it had less loft. Maybe. I shot 82

shot a very disappointing 88 with the TaylorMade Burner Tour. Had a 40 on the front, but choked like Tiger on Sunday with a 48 on the back. There are longer balls off the tea, but my driver has been acting up and the spin reduction has been a big help. I am still getting used to the lower spin around the green, but it is something that I don't mind getting used to because the ball is very good off of every club in my bag. This thing truly feels fantastic off the putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back